Elementary School Bragging

Commentary by Michael Bonanno.

Moderator: Michael

Michael

Elementary School Bragging

Post by Michael » November 24th, 2005, 4:32 am

I watched the local CBS news tonight.

There was a report concerning an “insurgent” propaganda video showing an “insurgent sharp shooter” shooting American soldiers. It was just awful.

Not to worry, though. The embedded smiling reporter said the troops weren’t worried.

“Military wisdom”, as the reporter referred to it, said that the video of the attacks by the “sharp shooter” was probably made over a period of two years. What sloppy propaganda exhibited by the “insurgents”, indeed.

American soldiers, on the other hand, proudly “took out” eight insurgents within five hours.

It was obvious that the reporter was filled with pride to be on the side which exhibited the better propaganda.

Lost in this entire jingoistic “we can kill more people faster than you” talk was one minor point.

What the hell are we doing in Iraq! What did they ever do to us!

They had no WMD!

They had nothing to do with 9/11!

This
is historical revisionism!

I once more thought of the point made by Richard Clarke. Attacking Iraq after 9/11 is like FDR attacking Mexico after Pearl Harbor.

If bragging about out killing the enemy is really admirable, can we not at least brag about out killing the correct enemy? And who [/i][/b]is[/b][/i] the correct enemy? That question is yet to be answered.

This is the kind of state run “liberal” media that keeps the 30-40% of the population on the side of The Regime.

This kind of propaganda is the only facet of The Regime which is transparent.

To friendship,
Michael

“No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.” - James Madison

The Mind Of Michael
Speak Your Mind And Read Mine

Return to “Open Mike Soundoff”