“The Power of Nightmares” – A Real Documentary

Commentary by Michael Bonanno.

Moderator: Michael

Michael

“The Power of Nightmares” – A Real Documentary

Post by Michael » September 11th, 2006, 4:43 pm

As time has passed since the horrors of September 11, 2001, we have learned, little by little, about the inner workings of the neoconservatives and also the mindset and inner workings of Islamic fundamentalists.

I have, through the suggestion of a friend, begun watching the BBC limited series “The Power of Nightmares”. This documentary has removed the “little by little” from my own learning curve. It can be watched at YouTube.

“The Power of Nightmares” exposes the almost eerie parallel growth of the neoconservatives and radical Islamists.

Probably the most shocking evidence in this series of half hour presentations is the parallel goals of each group. The neoconservatives and radical Islam were born at about the same time, went through similar metamorphoses and actually share the same goals.

If you haven’t seen “The Power of Nightmares”, I urge you to begin watching it. For me, at least, it’s like the proverbial book that can’t be put down.

To friendship,
Michael

“Probably the most distinctive characteristic of the successful politician is selective cowardice.” - Richard Harris

The Mind Of Michael
Speak Your Mind And Read Mine
“Flameland”

firsty

Post by firsty » September 12th, 2006, 10:45 am

michael, we have to get together.

check out this site:

http://takebackwashington.com/

there are a few dvds there that are worth watching. the producer interviewed me for a while yesterday after the citizens court assembly across from the white house, for his next documentary.

are you aware/involved with this?:

http://worldcantwait.net/index.php
and knowing i'm so eager to fight cant make letting me in any easier.

[url=http://stealthiswiki.nine9pages.com]Steal This Book Vol 2[/url]

[url=http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?26032]Get some hosting![/url]

Michael

Post by Michael » September 12th, 2006, 12:59 pm

Thanks for pointing out all of the videos, firsty.

FYI, TV News Lies is another good site where a bunch of DVDs can be found.

I hope to be in San Francisco on October 5. I hope that there are at least a million people at each of these rallies.

Are you at Camp Democracy? If you are, good for you. How many people would you say are there? How many have to be there before the corporate media says something about it?

My question is has anyone said anything about peaceful demonstrations and peaceful resistance starting to wear thin?

Sometimes I think the Weather Underground had the right idea.

To friendship,
Michael

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » September 12th, 2006, 1:20 pm

do you want to teach something like an special class with my 9/10 year students? (I'm joking).
Today they couldn't stop talking and describing what they discover on tv yesterday. We were supposed to be talking about our forma de gobierno..."The plane that hit the north tower...", "they did it on purpose", "the people in the plane were terrorists", "some families jumped from the tower", "there was a lot of fire", "they did a conmemoration yesterday", "Bin Laden, the chief of the terrorists is alive in the mountains", "my grandfather told me that it happened when I was four years old"...
I felt something strange at some point...maybe because we already used the word terrorists a lot in the last forty years...
Thanks for the link, I'll try it later.
Saludos,

Arcadia

Michael

Post by Michael » September 12th, 2006, 2:06 pm

Thanks, Arcadia.

Did they say that the policemen and firemen were heroes, too? Well, they were, they just didn’t go far enough and remove The Regime from Washington, D. C.

The link, by the way, never even implies that The Regime was involved. In fact, it only mentions September 11, 2001 in passing. It’s not about 9/11 directly. It’s about the parallel growth of the neoconservatives and the Islamic radicals. Its small take on 9/11 is that the official story is true.

This is the only part with which I’ll disagree until 99% of the anomalies are solved.

The closest I can come to the official narrative is that The Regime was indeed involved in the planning and Osama was involved in obtaining the patsies who would hijack the planes. This can be explained by the long time Bush/bin Laden friendship.

It explains two oddities.

First, it explains why The Regime would choose George W. Bush to front for them. It’s got to be the only way Dubya would ever become president.

Secondly, it explains why Osama bin Laden has yet to be captured.

I dare say that in “1984” Goldstein was never captured either.

To friendship,
Michael

firsty

Post by firsty » September 12th, 2006, 2:10 pm

Michael wrote:Thanks for pointing out all of the videos, firsty.

FYI, TV News Lies is another good site where a bunch of DVDs can be found.

I hope to be in San Francisco on October 5. I hope that there are at least a million people at each of these rallies.

Are you at Camp Democracy? If you are, good for you. How many people would you say are there? How many have to be there before the corporate media says something about it?

My question is has anyone said anything about peaceful demonstrations and peaceful resistance starting to wear thin?

Sometimes I think the Weather Underground had the right idea.

To friendship,
Michael
i'm back in PA today, so i dont know whats up in the mall. the tents were prepared. a got a good photo of a large billboard with bush in shackles.

to your question about demonstrations: yes. the interview i gave, actually, was initiated by my comments about the peoples govt (or something like that) as well as the filmmaker relating the occupation of iraq to a potential peoples occupation of DC's buildings.

i have ideas that are not suitable to discuss on public forums.

i have 3 goals right now, all of which are achievable (not in this order, necessarily):

1. finish the radical update of Steal This Book

2. establish means of communicating between activists that fly under the radar.

3. establish a network of activists, within that means of communicating, from a broad range of groups, based on the common theme of impeachment at the very least.

i met a few good people in DC. i'm thrilled that you were already on board with the october 5 event. we need millions.

this is where i am with my goals:

1. in progress.

2. firefox browser users can use an extension called "freenigma" which encrypts emails from gmail and yahoo accounts. there is an application called "scatterchat" which is the same thing, but a chat program. currently it only runs on windows machines, tho. i also feel that we need to use snail mail for newsletters and other correspondence.

3. i only know a few people, but i'm in the process of identifying some key people. and i'm trying to reach out to other groups like muslim activists, students at colleges, etc.

i dont want to start a new group. we dont need another group. i just want to formalize some clandestine* and strategic planning and communication between key people in each group. i'm not exactly sure how to go about this, other than to try to maintain communication with the people i've met so far.

you and i are on the same page in many ways, i think. i dont want to lose the momentum we are building. the 9/11 truth movement, due in large part to the enormous internet success of Loose Change, is gaining steam quickly. it's being discussed in major media outlets.

i'm feeling optimistic, but i'm feeling a sense of fragility about the movement. honestly, i need help. or, put another way, i want to help. whatever i can do.

EDIT: *by this i mean simply private. i dont mean to discuss criminal acts or carry out criminal acts. but i feel that we need to discuss things that an overzealous government (which we have) can manipulate.

i get a little more worried every day.
and knowing i'm so eager to fight cant make letting me in any easier.

[url=http://stealthiswiki.nine9pages.com]Steal This Book Vol 2[/url]

[url=http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?26032]Get some hosting![/url]

Michael

Post by Michael » September 12th, 2006, 2:29 pm

I’ll speak to two things that you said.

1. I, too, get more than a little worried every day.

2. “i want to help. whatever i can do”

Copy that – and please take it to heart!

To friendship,
Michael

Return to “Open Mike Soundoff”