November 8, 2006

Commentary by Michael Bonanno.

Moderator: Michael

Michael

November 8, 2006

Post by Michael » October 30th, 2006, 2:50 am

This article is not just meant to be a scary story or the prediction of a nightmare. This was written to generate the question “At what point in this story do the American people revert to some kind of radical next step to stop this from coming to fruition?” and to generate answers to that question.

It’s 10:00 PM, Pacific Time, on the eighth of November, 2006. Many people are either scratching their heads, shaking their heads or both.

On October 29, 2006, polls showed that people favored Democrats over Republicans in yesterday’s mid term election. During yesterday’s elections, exit polls indicated that a vast majority of people voted for the Democratic candidate.

Yet, today, the eighth of November, well after the voting has ended, Democrats lost eight house seats and only won one Senatorial race. How could this be?

Many are convinced that malfeasance and fraud entered the election process and have immediately tried to bring suit to stop the declaration of a winner, only to have the cases thrown out by judges that were ultimately put in place by The Regime. Appeals will probably take place, but like 2000 and 2004, those appeals will be too late. Even if appeals reach the Supreme Court, is there any doubt in whose favor the court will rule?

The entire nation seems to be suspicious this time , although the mainstream media reports some disappointment in some corners concerning closely fought contests. They of course, begin a discussion about how the surprising results will affect policy in Bush’s last two years as president. The only mention they make about the anomalous difference between exit polls and the final results is to say that, with today’s technology, exit polls have become antiquated and almost useless. They fail, however, to explain how that is.

Many of us say, “OK, now it’s even more important to become active for the 2008 elections.” That statement is followed by the directive to start making calls and pounding the pavement.

Groups like MoveOn and Common Cause tell us that the election was stolen and strongly suggest that we write to our Senators and Representatives, demanding recounts for many of the elections. Of course, where there are no paper trails there can be no recounts. Besides, with Republicans picking up eight house seats and maintaining control of congress, who are these Senators and Representatives to whom we should write?

Articles on Common Dreams, TruthOut, TruthDig and many on line news sources quote experts who say that the voting machines were probably hacked or set up illegally.

Investigative reporters like Greg Palast write articles about the disenfranchisement of black voters, the long lines in strategic voting areas or early closings of polls in some areas. Other articles in the alternative media point out other subtle or even outright evidence of criminal conduct surrounding the elections.

Right wing pundits and other Regime supporters tell us to “stop whining. You lost again. Get over it.”

Bush goes before the cameras and assures the American people that he personally saw to it that all elections were fair. He assures the minority that he will have their well being in mind when he “invents” policy (we are unsure if this is a Freudian slip or just a Bushism).

It’s late January and the 110th Congress has been sworn in. People are all but trembling as they wait for this congress to tackle the tough issues facing it.

Almost the entire country is hoping that the new congress won’t extend the war in Iraq or vote to attack Iran. That’s not the first issue to be brought up and voted on.

NARAL, NOW and many other Americans fear that Roe v Wade will be overturned immediately, but their fears are calmed as that, also, is not the first issue for debate and a vote.

There are those who had some hope but have lost it all because they know that the other shoe will soon drop on the gay marriage issue. They have to wait a little longer, though, as that is not the first issue addressed either.

The first bill which is simultaneously brought before the House and the Senate begins with the following words:

<center>“JOINT RESOLUTION

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled (two-thirds of each House concurring therein), That the following article is proposed as an amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as part of the Constitution when ratified by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years after the date of its submission for ratification:

`Article—

`The twenty-second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed.'.”</center>

It is quickly passed and all state legislatures vote in favor of it.

On an evening in July of 2007, George W. Bush appears on television, stating that he will seek his party’s nomination for president for the upcoming 2008 election.

In his speech, the president says, “I can not in good conscience relinquish leadership of the great and blessed United States of America until the complex and dangerous war on terror is won.”

This article is not just meant to be a scary story or the prediction of a nightmare. This was written to generate the question, “At what point in this story do the American people revert to some kind of radical next step to stop this from coming to fruition?” and to generate answers to that question.

To friendship,
Michael

“People everywhere confuse what they read in newspapers with news.” - A. J. Liebling

World Conditions and Action Items
Speak Your Mind And Read Mine
CDs
Modern Propriety

mnaz

Post by mnaz » November 14th, 2006, 3:21 am

Michael....

One of these days I'm going to stop by and get caught up on some more of your columns.... In the meantime, I'm glad your 11/8 scenario didn't play out like you imagined here. (You have no idea how glad I am...)

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 14th, 2006, 2:53 pm

Yeah me to mark, very glad, but I wasn't that worried about it. This is my second attempt to reply.

I don't know if you saw my first attempt as gypsyjoker. I am worried about these sock puppets, sometimes they sneak up behind me and sneak posts, gypsyjoker is very stealthy and quiet, maybe cause he is blind.

Me too mark, very happy.
I read it too, and I said well we will see, as cecil said tomorow is another day.

Mike I been wondering about this part:
“At what point in this story do the American people revert to some kind of radical next step to stop this from coming to fruition?” and to generate answers to that question.
I been thinking about a tuesday in November 2008. My worst fears for this past election were the voting machines.

http://www.studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8181

But what ever the specific nightmare, the motivating issue is fear.

I think the meek have inheirited the earth. :cry:

My nightmare fantascy is that the democrats start pissing in the wind. I am more worried about the new senate than the house.

My homegirl Nancy that baltimore liberal, she the sharpest politician I seen since JfK and FdR.

I used to walk by her father's house in little italy on my way to school. She lived in the mayor's mansion up the block from st leo's catholic church, where the nuns wore those witches habits and I would cross the street when I saw them coming towards me. My head full of old wives tales from a polish jewish grandmother from the old country.

so my nighmare goes like this.

Ya see folks we told you so, we was winning the war we had those rascals on the run, then those treasanous traitorous democrats get in power and see what happened.

What happened
What if....
Lets play strego

its what seperates us from the apes
:lol:

Return to “Open Mike Soundoff”