Moderator: Michael

Michael

No Gas on the Ides Movement

Post by Michael » May 9th, 2007, 8:55 pm

<center>(originally published at OpEdNews)</center>
From a friend:

NO GAS...On May 15th 2007

Don't pump gas on May 15th

...in April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest to gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th 2007, all internet users are requested to refrain from purchasing gas for their vehicle(s) in protest to high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.

There are 73,000,000+ Americans who currently utilize the internet and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.

If all internet users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil company’s pockets for just one day. So please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and let’s try to put a dent in the oil industry profits for at least one day.

If you agree, send this to your contact list.

The financial consequences in themselves for the wealthy oil company CEOs make this worth it. Another benefit of this movement may be to help us get used to using less petrol. Each journey begins with the first step.

To tell you the truth, I’d like to turn the activism called for in the above message into monthly activism. May 15, 2007 can merely be the beginning, the first day.

Although the ides refers only to the fifteenth of March, May, July, or October, let’s modernize it, change the ides of the other months from the thirteenth to the fifteenth and call it the “No Gas on the Ides Movement”.

What do you think?

To friendship,
Michael

“I don't know which will go first-rock 'n' roll or Christianity.” - John Lennon

World Conditions and Action Items
Speak Your Mind and Read Mine
CDs
"Dig Your Grave Kid"

Return to “Open Mike Soundoff”