not good enough for litkicks...

Nov 2004
firsty

not good enough for litkicks...

Post by firsty » November 3rd, 2004, 12:09 pm

but since you guys have no standards, here is my election nite comment:

America is stupid and I'm never voting again. Fuck Bush. Fuck the morons who voted for him.

As I drove to work this morning, passing elementary school busstops, I thought about how all those nice little children will make such good soldiers.

Live it up, morons. As sweet as it was, I'd have sacrificed the Red Sox victory, indirectly over that other Texan asshole, Roger Clemens, to have someone in the White House who can tie his own shoes.

p.s.: fuck being nice and fuck you too. sometimes the truth hurts. sometimes the only true comment is one that hurts the ears. being nice for the sake of being nice is also called being a yellowbellied pussy. and nobody likes yellowbellied pussies, except of course for the yellowbellied playas desperate for a lay. punctuate that, biatch.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » November 3rd, 2004, 12:26 pm

spelling.....check
organization....check
content.....relevant
overall impact....impressive

total grade: highly acceptable

signed,
standard maintenance committee

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » November 3rd, 2004, 12:30 pm

ahh, Judih.... :lol:

Firsty... anger will only get you .... relieved. Do you feel a bit better now that you got that off your chest? O! wait... Kerry conceded to King George... four more years of bitchin', swearin', hollerin', and general pissing off to the other 50%.

I'm wholly puzzled myself, Firsty.

firsty

Post by firsty » November 3rd, 2004, 12:44 pm

i am 100% disappointed with america right now and, i think, justifiably very angry at the whole thing. to be otherwise is to concede caring along with defeat, and thats mostly what has got us into the position where barely half of our citizens vote in the first place. the fact that a bunch of blind Christians and elderlies have reinstalled a mindless dictator makes me quite upset. i'm shocked, really. i thought that kerry would pull it out. i'm happy that my state of pennsylvania went so clearly to kerry, but thats of little consolation this morning. i just cant believe that an america that didnt even elect bush 4 yrs ago decided that things are better now with him in office. i think i need to be reading different newspapers.

Lightning Rod

Post by Lightning Rod » November 3rd, 2004, 12:50 pm

I feel like my muscles are pumped with old, cold motor oil.

It's stupidity fatigue.

I'm sick for my countrymen.

Did I hear someone say "Canada?"
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » November 3rd, 2004, 12:55 pm

With all the information that has been put out on Bush thesee past four years, and ruling out the real fringy shit, that still leaves a great deal of facts to cause pause when selecting Bush, but I give this country too much credit for thinking... and that is my problem.

Voting Bush in seems to me simply putting a bandaid on a deep wound, but hey, who am I in this circus of madness? Maybe Jesus will come down from the clouds and save all American Christians and I will be sent to Hell in a woven handbasket of my own confusion. :)

Then again, the Blue States could secede from this Union...? It seems to me that it is the Blue States that have the most progressive attitudes going for them to the point that it is within those states where most progress is made - NYC, Chicago, L.A., San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Minneapolis, Boston, Philadelphia, etc, etc.... where would this country be without those progressive cities? And yet, the MidWest and the South seem to have the biggest voice. O-fucking-well.

firsty

Post by firsty » November 3rd, 2004, 1:03 pm

i was just thinking the same thing. i would support, promote, and fight for the normal states in this union to break away immediately and have kerry become president of them. i really feel that dramatic change is that necessary. i think this country is bullshit and i dont want any part of it anymore.

Zlatko Waterman

Post by Zlatko Waterman » November 3rd, 2004, 1:04 pm

General Discussion ~ AN E-MAIL TO A FRIEND
Zlatko Waterman
Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:11 am

(ALSO POSTED ON GENERAL DISCUSSION)

All:

Here is an e-mail I sent this morning to a friend of mine in Massachusetts who was optimistic about a Kerry win. The question he asked, saying he was in a rather despairing mood was, "Did you feel like this in 1968?"

( paste below)

Dear Lescaret:

Yes, it felt like this in 1968--- a repudiation of almost everything that I might choose to characterize an enlightened society.

And I face it now, not at age 23, as I did in 1968, but at age 59. I am the same age as Margaret Hassan, that fine lady and head of CARE, who languishes in the hands of her tormentors at this moment:

http://www.turkishpress.com/news.asp?id=32655

Kerry was not an anti-war candidate, and I believe that, had he been, the margin of victory would have been greater for Bush, as it was for Nixon over McGovern in 1972. Nixon called all the lemmings grouping together at the ballot box" The Silent Majority."

Nicolaus Von Hoffman pointed out that the phrase came from the Greek poet Homer, a phrase which Homer used to refer to the dead.

Here's an article by "Creepy Corsi" that ties the two elections together.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.a ... E_ID=41261

The craziness, about the same as it was in 1968 and 1972, during a "war scare", is heightened now by the fact that the continental US itself was hit for the first time in a very forceful way, by "the enemy."

As anyone over the age of twelve should know, "the enemy" is identified and created-- shaped, molded and stigmatized by the government. Once that "enemy" is fully in place ( or all over the place, as with the current "enemy"), nothing must stand in the way of its obliteration and conquest. In this the US resembles the Romans, or more accurately, their ideological descendants, the English, in its look at the world.

One has only to walk around English villages and towns ( and London) viewing public military monuments to see how warlike the English are and were. Our system of government, and its inclination to conquest, is based on theirs. Because we have the digital "frictionless" transmission and reformation of data at our disposal, and fifty years of tv advertising power accumulated and groomed for political use, the rest is relatively easy, given the proper dramatic incident, to begin the formation of the "enemy" image.

The "Arabs" as enemies are even more efficacious as a rationale for total control of US resources and purported "free speech" than the "communists" were ( all quotes and capitals or their omissions are completely intentional).

The main problem is that everyone watches television, and that television has replaced all other media of mass communication. Our educational system is paralyzed. The power of discernment is no longer fostered in schools. History is neglected and "numbed" down, in addition to dumbed down.

"The Silent Majority" doesn't want to discuss, be persuaded, or persuade. It knows what is safe and that the answer is "Jesus" , a "Jesus" far from the scriptural one who was a communist, a completely non-materialistic dreamy, visionary soul, a fomentor of revolution and an extremist who advocated putting God before all, even your family and friends. Here's an interesting essay and interview, written about the time of the fall of the Soviet Union, our great "enemy."

http://www.30goodminutes.org/csec/sermo ... n_3519.htm

A piece from 1992 by William Sloan Coffin, a clergyman and long-time peace activist. I remember him well from the Sixties.

Judging the long sweep of history, I feel this Bush administration is the most dangerous I have seen during my lifetime.

I have often said two things to Mary:

One, that Bush would be "elected" when it came around in 2004, simply because the electorate is too fearful and uninformed not to elect him. and

Two, that there would be a "nuclear incident" somewhere in the world, possibly in the Middle East, where our Israeli surrogates could be used to retaliate for us.

Other than those observations ( I limit myself here), I must re-affirm the subversive essence of art and go on working.

During the Reagan years, political thinkers on the left ( and moi, aussi) were fond of saying "They have all the power, the nuclear weapons, and we have Garry Trudeau . . ." We still have him, and The Funny Times, and Zlatko and Lescaret, on this unpromising beginning of the next installment of the Pax Americana.

Your friend today, as then and ever,

Zlatko

mnaz

Post by mnaz » November 3rd, 2004, 1:53 pm

This election was won by the hardline Christian Right. I underestimated its organized political activism and power, which just seems to keep increasing as the years go by, like an insidious cancer. These people want nothing less than to eventually turn their narrow doctrine into the law of the land.... don't kid yourself. Even the Catholics are in a militant, uncompromising mood. Kerry earnestly professed his Catholic faith during the campaign, yet he fared poorly among Catholics. Why? Because he refused to come out and say that he would legislate his beliefs on the country as a whole. That won't get it done with today's growing army of zealots.

I'm sure that people's baseless and self-deluding beliefs that Bush is "better against terrorism" played a part in it as well. Yeah, Bush is so much "better" that the enemy leader who butchered 3000 of our people in New York and D.C. three years ago is still at large; alive and well and looking relaxed, sending us videotapes....

But it was about "moral values"..... thus sayeth the exit polls. That was the leading issue. But really, where exactly are the "morals" of these people? So it's a horrible transgression to grant any form or shred of state recognition to stable, working, contributing gay couples, and yet it's okay to support bombing the shit out of a hapless oil-rich Muslim country under false pretenses, killing 50-100,000 of its citizens in the process? Who are these people?

I am profoundly discouraged this morning. I'm tempted to say that I disown this country, but I won't. I'm actually more inclined to fight in my own way against the people who are trying to steal it from me. There's got to be a way.

Anyway. My two cents worth, at least....
Last edited by mnaz on November 3rd, 2004, 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ellipsis

everything you said, firsty

Post by ellipsis » November 3rd, 2004, 2:59 pm

democracy? joke intended but none taken.

i think this "election" is an even bigger joke than the last one. the last time, at least, we didn't elect him. and though we have no idea how florida and ohio truly voted (note electronic voting machine fuckups and provisional ballot ignorance), the sad and nauseating fact is that so many american people even supported him, even after seeing what his power in office leads to.

i would wait this out if i thought there were any hope. as it is, the people aren't enough to sustain this country's decency, regardless of the quality of the candidates. bush voters? fucking live with the consequences. i don't care about any of you anymore.

my partner in ridiculousness and i are arranging to leave this country as soon as possible. i won't be here for the next presidential election. once my degree comes, i'm leaving.

america: go fuck yourself, just as you have been. but don't bother to tell me about it.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 3rd, 2004, 3:10 pm

I'll be researching job opportunities and schools in Canada.

I fear for the planet.

ellipsis

same here, doreen

Post by ellipsis » November 3rd, 2004, 3:19 pm

i'll leave all false hope and disappointment at home where it belongs. false hope and disappointment don't relocate well.

i'll admit i've been in tears this morning--not so much because america will have to endure 4 more years of this but because the people actually voted so energetically for him.

i'm also pissed at kerry for abandoning voters in ohio. all of those provisional ballots...

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 3rd, 2004, 3:27 pm

He just spoke... heard it on CNN

he said he wouldn't have conceded had there been any hope for the count of provisional votes....

I suspect there will be a big to-do about the Diebolt voting machines and other count-accuracy questions.

ellipsis

Post by ellipsis » November 3rd, 2004, 3:31 pm

hey doreen...

as i understand it, those provisional ballots were the result of many republicans turning away minorities for "fraudulent voter registrations". um... the minorities seemed to support kerry overwhelmingly, no?

what! i don't get this. at all. someone hold me.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » November 3rd, 2004, 4:01 pm

alicia, i have no doubt there will be debates about the validity of the votes.... i don't think it's an accidental thing that this is the first election they allowed for these "provisional" ballots... nor do I think it's an accident that this is the first election they allowed for mail-in votes... nor do I think it's accidental that this is the first election where the questionable diebolt voting machines were used.

I have read stories of lower class minority neighborhoods being canvased by people who told the residents that they wouldn't be able to vote if they had any outstanding bills or parking tickets.

I also read a story about how some operating voter registration (can't remember the state), were caught throwing away the democratic registrations.

There will be some to-do over all this, I'm sure.

I also expect to see massive demonstrations within the next few days all over the so-called United States and maybe elsewhere in the world.

My head hurts.

Return to “#4 - 2004 Election Party”