Election Reflections

Nov 2004
Lightning Rod

Election Reflections

Post by Lightning Rod » November 3rd, 2004, 2:23 pm

The Poet's Eye has a tear in it this morning. Not because George W. Bush and his cadre of fanatics will have their way with this country for the next four years but because better than fifty percent of our countrymen have consented to it. And the Poet's Muscles feel like they are pumped up with old, cold motor oil. It's stupidity fatigue.

Sure, in certain ways, I'm glad Bush won. It makes it much easier for me, as a columnist, to have have such patent ignorance against which to rail. Plus I figure that it's only a matter of time before the misguided policies of this administration will come home to roost and I would rather see the chickens on G. Bush's front porch than on John Kerry's.

These are some of the things we can expect to see in the next four years:

1. The rape of our Social Security system.

2. The polarization of our country and the world on a religious basis. The Crusades were minor league compared to what we are about to see.

3. The further deterioration of our civil rights. Just wait for The Return of the Patriot Act. The special effects will be much better.

4. More imperial wars. Stay tuned for Iran, Venezuela and Sudan.

5. Further disparity in the distribution of wealth. Every gas pump will be a tax collector.

6. Consolidation of corporate power over our lives and bodies by the drug and oil and insurance companies.

7. An enhanced control over the American mind through media consolidation.

8. The Bush twins will start dating movie stars and/or Saudi princes.

9. The appointment of 2-4 Supreme Court justices who will all be Tom DeLay's brother-in-laws. Bye-bye to women's right to their own bodies. Gays--fergiddaboudit.

10. The installation of a New World Order that is more orderly than you might want it to be.

11. Karl Rove will go down in history along with Heinrich Himmler as being a foremost political genius.

The Poet's Eye sees that Osama bin Laden rests easier tonight because he knows that his job is secure and that his market for recruits to his cause is robust.
"These words don't make me a poet, these Eyes make me a poet."

The Poet's Eye

Return to “#4 - 2004 Election Party”