Look at it this way.

If you take the point of obsession and
draw a vertical line perpendicular to the
ritual behaviors of repetitive blinding force,
attention to free energy can become the
consequence of inventory and when that happens,
the reason for self-absorption becomes a warrior,
sane enough to be immovable,
shifting only when literally rearranged.

This is an entanglement equation,
This is an entanglement equation

....the first attention being the energy of ritual behavior, the
very consequence of mathematics, Love, being the apex,
where reason is annihilated by an assembly of entanglement and loss,
your mind being the immovable point beyond literal derangement.

What I am trying to say is that the apex of Love is
independant of the obession point which is the very point
where sanity and repetition begin, notwithstanding the
self-absorption of reason-entanglement which is primarily immovable,
other than the shifting of some
literal rearrangements of binding forces,
warriors, being the best mathemeticians
to decipher the consequence of inventory.

I hope this explains my views succinctly, and if not,
at least in a more-or-less, less-is-more kind of way
which could possibly persuade you to agree with me,
no matter whether our assemblage point
coincides with the hocus pocus or not.

This is not really poetry.

I take words that make no sense and string them together
until there are hopefully levels of meaning people can read into
and decide for themselves what it means to them just like

some shaman dude
some shaman dude

I am no self-appointed shaman dude!
I'm joking around. I find myself amusing.
Or not. I don't know.

Look at it this way.
There are abstract meanings in phone rings.
Vague is the distance between echoes.

http://studioeight.tv/musicpost/dp/lookatitthisway.mp3 )
Last edited by Doreen Peri on December 23rd, 2007, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trevor

Post by Trevor » April 23rd, 2005, 1:02 pm

Hi Dor,

First off...that must have been one hard read...sounded like you had a little difficulty at times... so many of the sentences have heavy stress patterns. I always like hearing the author speak their words, interesting to see how they intended the pace to be. I read it with a more hurried tone in my head, almost frantic like a person tying two knots in their head for every one loosened.

What I got from the poem was a person unintentionally entangling their thoughts as they try to untangle love and life and self ... like being drowned in thought while trying to understand that which they can't.

On whole, the poem lends itself nicely to spoken word, but the repetition in the words and thoughts comes across a little stale by the end of the read. I hated that you used shaman in a poem....can't stand that word in poetry because I've heard it sooo many times. I also didn't like hocus pocus being in there either because you have all these tight "big" words, then plop hocus pocus in...which really didn't blend in my opinion. Overall I enjoyed the first and second read, but it did become flat and less engaging after that for me....but then again so does a lot of work, mine included.

One part that really stood out for me:

"There are abstract meanings in phone rings.
Vague is the distance between echoes. "

I love these two lines, especially the last one. Think it was a fantastic choice to end the poem this way.

I also like this section, save for the hocus pocus line:

"I hope this explains my views succinctly, and if not,
coincides with the hocus pocus or not."

I think that binds the ideas above it.

All in all, an interesting poem...and I don't mean that in a patronizing way. I liked the theme, or what I took as the theme as explained earlier, though I thought the wording could have been tighter.

Anywhooo...thanks for the read.

Trevor

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » April 23rd, 2005, 6:55 pm

Thanks for your interpretation, Trevor, and for listening to the recorded piece.

This was sort of just a test post, in that the poem means absolutely nothing. LOL!

I was just curious whether anybody would get anything out of it.

Here's the history.... I go to another board quite often and one of the members posted this email that she got from someone claiming to be a shaman. She asked people to translate it and let her know what they thought it meant. To me, it was gibberish. It meant zero. So, of course, 'cause that's the way I am, I told her so since I call 'em like I see 'em.

So, the next day, I thought I'd be a wise ass or something and write similar gibberish to what the email said and my comments are what became this poem.

I thought I'd record it because I thought it was funny... like a mockery of poetry..... a mockery of philosophy... and threw in the laughter at the end, saying that anything can really mean anything, it's all about reader interpretation.

Anyway, I'm sort of amazed that you got anything out of it but I've proved my point, I guess, since you, as a reader, got this from it...
What I got from the poem was a person unintentionally entangling their thoughts as they try to untangle love and life and self ... like being drowned in thought while trying to understand that which they can't.
And hell, that ain't nothin'! That's something to get out of it, anyway.

The reason why I stumbled on some of the words when I was reciting it is that I never recited it before. We're just playing around with finally being hooked up to do audio recording for the net and I printed it out, scratched out some lines with my pen, added a few lines, and went to town when the red light came on.

As I said before, I'm sorta brave when it comes to putting my nonsense on the web. But I sure wish we'd figure out how to edit the errors so that I could punch in a fix to the stumbled words.

Coming soon to your local internet broadcast... lol!
maybe. ;)

Raw stuff .... Again, I very much appreciate your comments and critique! As usual, some of the stuff you said I agree with and some of it, I don't, but the main thing is..... You found SOMETHING in it that made sense even though I thought it was all hocus-pocus shaman shit which says to me that anything can mean anything. :D

hahahahaha
*wink*

;)

Thanks again, Trevor.

That was LR on the keys, btw.

Yejun

Post by Yejun » December 23rd, 2007, 8:11 pm

I was going to post an entanglement equation, but I couldn't get it to work.

Oh well, here're are some interesting tidbits:
Look at it this way.

If you take the point of obsession and
draw a vertical line perpendicular to the
ritual behaviors of repetitive blinding force,
attention to free energy can become the
consequence of inventory and when that happens,
the reason for self-absorption becomes a warrior,
sane enough to be immovable,
shifting only when literally rearranged.

This is an entanglement equation

....the first attention being the energy of ritual behavior, the
very consequence of mathematics, Love, being the apex,
where reason is annihilated by an assembly of entanglement and loss,
your mind being the immovable point beyond literal derangement.
. . . quantum mechanics has been highly successful in producing correct experimental predictions, and the strong correlations associated with the theory of quantum entanglement have in fact been observed. One apparent way to explain found correlations in line with the predictions of quantum entanglement is an approach known as "local hidden variable theory", in which unknown, shared, local parameters would cause the correlations. However, in 1964 John Stewart Bell derived an upper limit, known as Bell's inequality, on the strength of correlations for any theory obeying "local realism" (see principle of locality). Quantum entanglement can lead to stronger correlations that violate this limit, so that quantum entanglement is experimentally distinguishable from a broad class of local hidden-variable theories. Results of subsequent experiments have overwhelmingly supported quantum mechanics.
What I am trying to say is that the apex of Love is
independant of the obession point which is the very point
where sanity and repetition begin, notwithstanding the
self-absorption of reason-entanglement which is primarily immovable,
other than the shifting of some
literal rearrangements of binding forces,
warriors, being the best mathemeticians
to decipher the consequence of inventory.
There may be experimental problems that affect the validity of these experimental findings, known as "loopholes". High-efficiency and high-visibility experiments are now in progress which should confirm or disaffirm the influence of those loopholes. For more information, see the article on experimental tests of Bell's inequality.
I hope this explains my views succinctly, and if not,
coincides with the hocus pocus or not.
Entanglement is one of the properties of quantum mechanics which caused Einstein and others to dislike the theory. In 1935, Einstein, Podolsky, and Rosen formulated the EPR paradox, a quantum-mechanical thought experiment with a highly counterintuitive and apparently nonlocal outcome, in response to Niels Bohr's advocacy that quantum mechanics as a theory was complete. Einstein famously derided entanglement as "spukhafte Fernwirkung" or "spooky action at a distance"
This is not really poetry.

I take words that make no sense and string them together
until there are hopefully levels of meaning people can read into
and decide for themselves what it means to them just like

some shaman dude
some shaman dude

I am no self-appointed shaman dude!
I'm joking around. I find myself amusing.
Or not. I don't know.
Observations on entangled states naively appear to conflict with the property of relativity that information cannot be transferred faster than the speed of light. Although two entangled systems appear to interact across large spatial separations, no useful information can be transmitted in this way, so causality cannot be violated through entanglement. This is the statement of no communication theorem.
Look at it this way.
There are abstract meanings in phone rings.
Vague is the distance between echoes.
Although no information can be transmitted through entanglement alone, it is possible to transmit information using a set of entangled states used in conjunction with a classical information channel. This process is known as quantum teleportation. Despite its name, quantum teleportation cannot be used to transmit information faster than light, because a classical information channel is required.
For this speaker, it seems that the cat is half dead and half alive at the same time.

:shock:

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » December 23rd, 2007, 8:44 pm

OMG! I said all that? lol :shock:

Hey Yejun... seriously.. where'd you get those quotes?

Damn dead cat's half alive. Or is the glass half full? I forget. ;)

Thanks much for reading this and for finding all those relevant quotes. My god, who knew there was so much to this nonsense?

BTW, the link I had originally posted no longer worked. Apparently, I had moved the file. If you want to listen to it, here's a good link
http://studioeight.tv/musicpost/dp/lookatitthisway.mp3

Yejun

Post by Yejun » December 25th, 2007, 6:04 pm

Oh, I just took a section from the Wikipedia entry on quantum entanglement.

I have more to say about this poem, but don't have the time right now.

Return to “Workshop & Prompts”