we are all one

Firsthand accounts from members around the world.
Whitebird Sings

we are all one

Post by Whitebird Sings » May 9th, 2005, 6:06 pm

You don't have to believe in something beyond the fact that you are alive... and breathing... and part of a food chain to be concerned with what is happening on our planet.

You don't have to believe that you can make a difference... take action anyway!

While I believe in creating beauty ...while I believe in dancing and drumming and sculpting AND that through these things we can re-create and co-create our world... I split my time between artistic activities and making a difference in other ways...

Please add your voice... to here for example:

http://www.ifaw.org/ifaw/general/defaul ... uid=874611
Last edited by Whitebird Sings on June 22nd, 2005, 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whitebird Sings

Post by Whitebird Sings » May 9th, 2005, 6:21 pm

Below is confirmation that I did my part today...

I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

Here is a copy of mine:

...thanks for taking action on Protect Whales from Naval Sonar.
Your support is greatly appreciated. Every letter that you send brings us one step closer to victory for the animals.

Together we can make a difference!

The following individuals were targeted for this action:
Secretary General

Here is a copy of the message you sent:

Dear Secretary General and Permanent Representatives,

Please don't ignore our request for help. You are caring and compassionate people who have the power to make a difference. I represent the voice of the people and the people must speak for the animals.

I implore you to do everything in your power ensure that NATO and its member countries stop needlessly inflicting harm on whales and other marine mammals with the use of high-intensity sonar during training exercises.

I know that you are aware of what is happening, and so am I along with millions of others. With awareness comes responsibility.

This is what you and I and others know:

Marine mammals depend on their extraordinary hearing to navigate, find food, locate mates, avoid predators and communicate with one another. Blasting their environment with intense sound over large expanses of ocean disrupts these critical behaviors and threatens their very survival.

It is now well established that sonar can also kill whales directly. Military exercises using sonar have resulted in whale strandings around the globe, from Washington state to the Canary Islands, the Bahamas, Madeira, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Greece.

Whales and other creatures do not have to die for routine military training. NATO and its member countries can no longer ignore the unnecessary harm inflicted by this dangerous technology. There are simple ways to protect marine mammals that would not hinder military readiness. I urge you to immediately adopt such common-sense measures to keep marine mammals safe.

STOP those who would kill us!... As the animals go, so goes humanity!!

Protect us all... it is within your power. And there are billions of us supporting you... depending on you!

OUR lives are in your hands.

Peace to you
May you have the courage to do what is right,
With kindest regards and undying gratitude

NOW... please show me yours :)

Whitebird Sings

Post by Whitebird Sings » May 10th, 2005, 8:54 pm

no time to be bored,
too much to do...

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeacti ... 1115772682

all good :)

Whitebird Sings

Post by Whitebird Sings » May 10th, 2005, 9:05 pm

this is what you get when you sign...

Thank you for signing "Save Endangered Whales from Deadly Fishing Gear". Your signature will
help reach our goal of 12000 signatures! Together
we can truly make a difference!

This message confirms that your signature has successfully
been added as the 1,537th person to sign the petition

Please help!...
together we DO make a difference... :roll:
I know we do!

I also have no doubt that many of you are doing many good things for this planet in addition to what you share with us here...

How can I help?

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » May 10th, 2005, 9:31 pm

Thank you for posting this, Whitebird.... you are a beautiful, caring, vibrant spirit.

I am grateful our paths crossed.

I feel overwhelmed in this world. There is too much to do to try to help and I worry that any efforts are futile.

A positive voice like yours is a blessing.

Thank you!

Whitebird Sings

Post by Whitebird Sings » May 10th, 2005, 10:15 pm

Thank you Doreen for your kind words...

...Dear Heart, people like you who bring sunshine into others lives also bring it into their own...

...you make a difference in many ways, by gathering images and constructing them into so much beauty -- sights and sounds -- "you make what you gather seem the best!" ...that's Dorothy Dix who said that, wasn't it?

Dorothy also said something else that will speak to your heart. She said, "It is only the women whose eyes have been washed clear with tears who get the broad vision that makes them little sisters to all the world."

...this applies to men too I think.

And now,
Doreen (playing with the words of Violet Fane)

Lets you and me rise
and open the gate,
to breathe the wild warm air of the heath,
and to let in love,
and to let out hate,
and anger at living and scorn of fate,
to let in life, and to let out death...

That's all any of us need to do to make a difference...
seems to me.

{{{hugs}}}

Whitebird Sings

Post by Whitebird Sings » June 22nd, 2005, 8:00 am

They protected her... they kept her safe from men with dark hearts...

We ARE all one !
8)

Kidnapped girl found safe with lions

Last Updated Tue, 21 Jun 2005 20:04:49 EDT
CBC News

A 12-year-old girl who was missing for a week was found being guarded by a trio of lions, said police in Ethiopia.

The girl had been abducted by a group of men who wanted her to marry one of them, said Sgt. Wondimu Wedajo from Bita Genet, about 560 kilometres from Addis Ababa.

Police said the men beat her before she was found on June 9 after spending half a day with the lions.

The lions left her when police and relatives discovered her on the outskirts of Bita Genet, said Wedajo.

Local government official Tilahun Kassa corroborated the police account, saying one of the men wanted to marry the girl.

A government wildlife expert said the lions may have mistaken the whimpering and crying girl for a lion cub and taken her into their protection.

Kidnapping has long been part of Ethiopia's marriage custom. The United Nations estimates more than 70 per cent of all marriages in Ethiopia are the result of abduction.

Return to “Eyewitness Reports”