2005-2006

Jan 2006
izeveryboyin

Post by izeveryboyin » December 31st, 2005, 8:16 pm

I was hoping that it wouldn't come to this but it did... it's the end, it's my doom, we gone die... may I introduce the bride and groom? Are they somewhere in the room? Are they somewhere in the room? This is a wedding, right? I heard a woman scream in fright cuz her bra strap was too tight, she got pissy drunk last night. *Barf*. Wait, but why the noise and streamers, why the sentimental reamers? Why the evil old renditions of traditions I forgot? Why not... why not wedding cake and Harlem Shake, electric slide, glide on down the isle... smile! Your special day... no, the end... THE END, I SAY. OF this year, of my life, of that would-be husband, and his cant-be wife. Of this pontification, this ALIEN-nation. This simpering wimpering fat whore of a slob that is my job. My fucking 9-5, my 2-10, my afternoon gin.... again. "Do it right in '06, get your kicks in next year, get in gear," I can't hear that shit right now. I furrow my brow. Because next year, somehow, I'll still manage to stop smoking for the fiftieth time, I'll do time in some jailhouse in Paletine for smoking too much weed on the corner of 3rd, haven't you heard... I'm a junky... I get down and funky. Mos Def was my man and I had a dope plan "You know the motto, stay fluid in staccato" Do not know if I'll make it through this alive, without the White Stripes, Snoop, and the motherfucking Hives. I had a pretty shit year, I had a pretty shit week, we had enviromental crisis, I've got spit on my cheek. I would weep in despair, I don't care, and I swear it, I just wanna go to sleep. Pass the gin... yes again, I'm no friend of weak beer. I like scotch, pass the vodka... and oh yes... Happy New Year.
sometimes I just like to breathe.

www.technicolorfraud.blogspot.com

rsar51

Post by rsar51 » December 31st, 2005, 8:44 pm

panta rhei

Post by panta rhei » December 31st, 2005, 8:57 pm

the new year is two hours old
rainy and wet
shivering with lingering smoke
and the ember of bonfires
shrinking to ashes

2006 baby
just born
silent now
after the first screams

welcome

mnaz

Post by mnaz » December 31st, 2005, 9:37 pm

Another trip around the sun,
back to an arbitrary start point.
And its damned cold outside.
I forgot what A.D. stands for....
Imagine that.

What's all the fuss about?

And where's my drink?

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » December 31st, 2005, 11:10 pm

Greetings

I can hardly wait to ring in

2006!

If I don't get it right this year

then next year

I quit!

:wink:
I used to walk with my head in the clouds but I kept getting struck by lightning!
Now my head twitches and I drool alot. Anonymouse

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/mousey1/shhhhhh.gif[/img]

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » December 31st, 2005, 11:11 pm

i don't drink new years
i breathe a surfeit of air
sleep a dream of infinite possibilities
walk through hidden paths of maybe
hitch a ride on a milky way
and collide with perhaps

the year has clicked in
but my head still lingers in 1008
an interesting state
mead and moments for thought

rsar51

Post by rsar51 » January 1st, 2006, 12:35 am

Hey you got any Spanish Blood in you?.... :lol:

Umm...

Yummy... :lol:

Artguy

Post by Artguy » January 1st, 2006, 2:54 am

waisted away again in Margaritaville....
Last edited by Artguy on January 1st, 2006, 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

mnaz

Post by mnaz » January 1st, 2006, 2:58 am

You easterners get the jump on everything!....

It's not here yet...

Wait for it... Wait for it!....

mnaz

Post by mnaz » January 1st, 2006, 5:52 am

well glory hallelujah,

just as our forefathers and mothers imagined.

fade....

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » January 1st, 2006, 8:18 am

fade to black
dust lifts
and all's green and merry
ha! a fantasy!

yeah, uh huh
it's a hot day out here in the navel of the universe and the cows are singing you are my sunshine

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » January 1st, 2006, 8:24 am

Here's how Charles Bukowski celebrated it many years ago!!!!

Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 19th, 2009, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » January 1st, 2006, 8:44 am

Bringing in the new year courtesy of the cut up machine!!!! :D

U.S. Rings in 2006 With Parties, Fireworks And Car Bombs

rained over the Las Vegas Strip as 2006 with quickie weddings, parties at posh world's largest simultaneous toast — 14,000 Chardonnay-filled
"Las Vegas knows how to throw a annual blowout, billed as the largest New Square.

Hours earlier in Manhattan, a 76-year-old Dick time since suffering a stroke, saying from have missed this for the world."

The numbers confetti clouded the air, while the massive Broadway and the surrounding streets sang "Auld jazz funeral procession in memory of Hurricane of a devastating year with concerts in a giant gumbo pot — a Cajun the countdown began, Mayor Ray Nagin asked moment to remember all those people who Boston honored the hurricane-ravaged New Orleans with Orleans" parade featured carnival masks, and jazz million people were in Boston to celebrate to 4 inches of snow and lows the city, where ice sculptures, parades, parties Night celebration.

The public square was quieter in to draw 20,000 revelers to six downtown start. Fire officials said they had safety the region.

"It was just pouring rain and continue," Dave Dean, organizer of the Giant I'm just devastated."

The Black Eyed Peas, Death scheduled to perform; organizers said they would in the West also forced Reno, Nev., until Monday.

In Vegas, gusts of 30 mph firework display, complete with 40,000 devices and and winds calmed, allowing the show to after midnight.

"This skyline was looking good tonight," its finest glory."

Downtown revelers also attempted to largest simultaneous toast with 200 cases of a $200 cover to ring in the posh nightclub, Tryst.

Business was also brisk at chapel.

Newlyweds Rick Hanson, 36, and Kiarra Hansen, to tie the knot.

"It's a new start of new year," Hansen said.

BAGHDAD, Iraq on Sunday, a three-hour window, as insurgents continued their injured at least 20 people but killed on Sunday said six kidnapped employees had it would close its embassy in Baghdad, in Iraq four months ago also was a relative said Sunday.

In Baghdad, the first as Iraqi army soldiers were patrolling a Bilal Ali Majid said.

Seven more car bombs wounding a total of nine people, police detonated a ninth car bomb in a car bomber detonated his car near an Lt. Ali Jasmin said. Iraqi police had officials had no immediate information.

Two car bombs targeted an American convoy, causing no injuries, bomb targeted a police convoy, wounding three a dozen gunmen attacked a police checkpoint three policemen, police Brig. Saed Ahmed said.

U.S. officials had expected attacks to increase after the Dec. 15 parliamentary elections were relaxed.

"We're "This is perceived, inappropriately I would say, a time of vulnerability as the government kidnapped employees of Sudan's embassy were released to the six of them by phone now at the house of one of d'affairs, Mohamed Ahmed Khalil.

The Sudanese Foreign Ministry its embassy employees had been kidnapped — had set a Saturday deadline for Sudan its relations" with the Iraqi government, or Friday it would close its embassy in release.

The terror group has kidnapped and killed employees in a campaign to scare Arab in Iraq.

In July, al-Qaida abducted the top two Algerian diplomats. It later announced they two Moroccan embassy employees in June and death, though it never stated whether it holds both Cypriot and Lebanese citizenship, was His brother, Avo Jekerjian, told The Associated Saturday after a ransom of $200,000 was Geto Trading Ltd., a Cyprus-based company supplying Islam prohibits consumption of alcohol. His brother but he would not say how much.

On in a series of bombings and shootings. Saturday from a mortar attack in Baghdad, death toll in 2005 at 841 — political progress and dogged U.S. and Iraqi of 846 troops died in 2004 and that as more Iraqi police and army over responsibility for security from American troops. ability of Iraq's ethnic and sectarian groups have the legitimacy to deflate the Sunni DeGarmo and other entertainers treated hundreds of Year's Eve show on Saturday. The performers Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Peter Pace to thank the troops.

Iraq's electoral commission, country's political groups to remove from their Saddam Hussein's Baath party before

And Car bombs

LAS VEGAS - Fireworks hundreds of thousands of revelers rang in nightclubs and what organizers hoped was the plastic glasses raised just before midnight.

party," Mayor Oscar Goodman said at the Year's Eve party outside New York's Times Clark returned to television for the first a studio above Times Square, "I wouldn't 2006 lit up over Times Square and crowd stretching more than 10 blocks up Lang Syne."

In New Orleans, after a festive Katrina's victims, the city celebrated the end the French Quarter and the lowering of twist on New York's Waterford crystal ball.

As the thousands gathered to "just take a did not make it to 2006."

Further north, Marti Gras-themed festivities. The "Spirit of New bands joined in.

Organizers estimated more than a the new year, despite forecasts of 2 in the 20s. Car horns honked across and fireworks kicked off the annual First Los Angeles, where a concert party expected blocks was canceled hours before its scheduled concerns as a drenching storm moved through it looked like it was going to Village bash. "Something terrible could have happened. Cab for Cutie and other groups were hold a makeup event.

Flooding from new storms to postpone its New Year's Eve fireworks and scattered showers threatened cancel the $500,000 10 rooftop launching pads.

But the skies cleared light up the Strip for 8 minutes said producer Phil Grucci. "It was in break the Guinness world record for the Chardonnay. Others sought more exclusive gatherings, paying new year at Wynn Las Vegas' newest downtown's Wee Kirk O' the Heather wedding 45, said they came from Farmington, Utah moon and a new day and the Iraq - Twelve car bombs exploded around including eight in Baghdad that detonated within attacks in the new year. The bombs no one, police said.

A Sudanese official been released two days after Sudan announced meeting kidnappers' demands. A Cypriot man kidnapped released after his family paid a ransom, car bomb exploded at about 8:15 a.m. northern neighborhood, wounding two soldiers, police Lt. exploded over the next 2 1/2 hours, said. One suicide attacker died. Police later controlled explosion.

Just north of Tikrit, a suicide American patrol, injuring six civilians, police 1st no information on American casualties and U.S. also exploded in Kirkuk, including one that police Brig. Sarhat Qadir said. The second civilians, Qadir said.

In other violence Sunday, about in Mosul, killing one bystander and injuring Brig. Gen. Donald Alston on Sunday said the security measures put in place for seeing that increase right now," he said. or inaccurately perhaps, by the enemy as transitions ... to a permanent government."

The six on Saturday, a Sudanese official said.

"We talked and they told us that they are their friends," said the Sudanese embassy's charge reported on Dec. 24 that six of including the mission's second secretary.

Al-Qaida in Iraq to "announce clearly that it is cutting it would kill the hostages. Sudan said Baghdad in an effort to win their a string of Arab diplomats and embassy governments from setting up full diplomatic missions Egyptian envoy in Baghdad, Ihab al-Sherif, and had been killed. The group also snatched said that it had sentenced them to carried out the sentences.

Garabet Jekerjian, 41, who kidnapped by gunmen in Baghdad in August. Press that he was released in Baghdad paid to the kidnappers.

Jekerjian had worked for food and alcoholic drinks to U.S. forces. said the company contributed to the ransom, Saturday, at least 20 people were killed

A U.S. soldier also died from wounds the military said, putting the American military five short of 2004's record total despite efforts to quash the insurgency. A total 485 in 2003.

The United States hopes forces are trained, they will slowly take Much of that expectation hinges on the to form a broad-based government that will Arab-led insurgency.

"American Idol 3" star Diana U.S. forces in Baghdad to a New were traveling with the chairman of the as part of a six-nation holiday tour meanwhile, repeated a call Saturday for the tickets 90 former members of it issues final election results this week.
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 19th, 2009, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iblieve

Post by iblieve » January 1st, 2006, 1:53 pm

It was a beautiful end as the minutes fell away to seconds
a cheap champagne, a lover’s touch upon my skin,
One year dies another begins much like life its self.
Reaping the harvest of trust and understanding,
a forsaken past dies with a recollected shudder
and I now navigate with new stars as my guide
the light in my loving wife's eyes.
Sometimes we have to cut away the dead
to make room for new growth to flourish
to welcome the rain as well as the sun
because its take both to grow a luscious garden.
In life pain and pleasure both contribute
to the spiritual growth of man.
Leave the past in 2005 and in 06 come alive
new growth, new dreams new love
even with the one you’ve been loving for years.
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a97/iblieve/9e35dd63.gif[/img]
iblieve
DARC Poet's Society.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » January 1st, 2006, 2:15 pm

a touch links seconds
timeless moments drift into hours
when did it begin and how can it end?
not when you're here
in a steaming present tense
a link from ancient mythology