Who am I kidding

How to, where to, links, etc. A reference library.
stilltrucking

Who am I kidding

Post by stilltrucking » September 1st, 2010, 3:55 pm

SadLuckDame

Re: Who am I kidding

Post by SadLuckDame » September 1st, 2010, 5:40 pm

I had no idea they were throwing out the which.
Thanks, Jack.

I've also decided to throw out the semi-s.
I really don't need them, do I?
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 1st, 2010, 6:55 pm

http://www.studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtop ... 69&t=18961

That which makes me dumber

I just Woke up from a hell of a nightmare, another lost and morphed dream, I was at a house with my little rock and roller, he left on an errand but would be back soon, I decided to go for a walk but got lost, aking for directions people would tell me wrong and snicker. I kept walking into blind alleys, one alley ended in a ten foot drop to a street below, I dangled my legs over the edge and comtemplated jumping, but decided it was too far and I would break a leg or worse.

I fell asleep listening to my breathing, maybe I should go back to listen to the radio.

Thanks dame
I mean thanks for an opening
I was going to post this to artlog dreaming but when I went there I saw constantine had posted a poem and I did not want to kick his name off the top of the forum. a very nice poem at first I thought it was titled The Comestibles,

Which reminded me of part of the dream, I just noticed something else about the new software that is tricky. There was a bit about McDonalds and a traffic jam in my first attempt to put the dream down here, also there was something about an estate sale, someone had died and the people were all carrying books and things, I was carrying a book too but I was trying to tell the people it was my book. They seemed to think I got from their dead relative.

This is a condensed version of my dream because I lost the longer version when I went away from this text box to check out the spelling of comestibles. The older version was more forgiving you could hit the return arrow and come back to your post in the preview but now if you go away from the post before you submit it you will come back to a blank text box. Live and learn.

Yeah I agonized over that/which a couple of hours ago when I was posting about where I got my new signature

http://www.studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtop ... 17&t=19078

Speaking of semi-s I am sure you are probably familiar with Vonnegut's bit on that.
Here is a lesson in creative writing. First rule: Do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites representing absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Kurt Vonnegut, A Man without a Country
I been feeling like a man without a country lately. Thinking about those Chilean miners trapped and singing patriotic songs. America The Beautiful, still gets to me though.

Sorry for the long ramble.
Thanks for the directions out of that blind alley.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » September 1st, 2010, 8:02 pm

If you have lost dreams, does it mean you're searching for something?
I'm not remembering being lost too often, except I'm always in a state of lost, as in it could be anything and never what it is, so I never know where I really am. That sort of lost. It started from a catfish riddle. All goes this way or that, which could be this or that.

I'm ready to sleep and it's early. Adjusting to schedule.
But, I've been happy since this afternoon.

I know, I was just reading his poem a little while ago. I think I've liked every piece mr. ever wrote that I read, he's got a way with words.

I didn't know it, no, but I'm thinking it works for me and me types. I never did go to college, lol.

Sweet dreams u, talk with you tomorrow.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 1st, 2010, 9:52 pm

Ohh... I didn't delete this forum after all... the other day I posted that I deleted it. I thought I did... as I was using the software, learning how to do stuff with it, hadn't figured out how to make sub-forums yet and I thought I deleted this because I didn't know where to put it... I'm glad I didn't! Here it is! Cool!

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » September 2nd, 2010, 4:46 am

I don't know what I am searching for dame, maybe a way out of here. My lifestyle is pretty suicidal for a man my age. Gotdam virtual suicides I am trying to have compassion for them.

Had another lost dream last night.

I was in Israel looking for lost family members who did not escape from Poland and Russia, naturally I got lost, almost got creamed in a traffic accident, when I stopped and asked for directions, you remember you said all we have to decide is if we are dreaming or not, a couple of years agoI had a couple of dreams about flying to England. Later I could hardly remember if I had actually been to England looking for a friend from the sixties.. Fell asleep listening to the BBC news again but not intentionally. I was listening to a show called Fresh Air on NPR when I fell asleep.

You know dame I don't feel lost when I am awake, I only feel powerless. Maybe I been searching for someone who cares to read my gibberish.

Yes I am glad you did not delete this board D. I will check out my posted links see if any are broken. I despair when I read the writers here, I know enough about writing to realize what I don't know. That/which was driving me nuts trying to figure out.

Thank you
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 2nd, 2010, 10:55 am

I think I will do an I Ching to see why I have so many "lost dreams"
It is cheaper than psychoanalysis

Asked question
What am I looking for?

Cast Hexagram:

21 - Twenty-One
Shih Ho / Biting Through

The merciless, searing judgement of Lightning fulfills the warning prophecies of distant Thunder.
Sage rulers preserved Justice by clearly defining the laws, and by delivering the penalties decreed.

Though unpleasant, it is best to let justice have its due.

SITUATION ANALYSIS:

A terrible reckoning is due.
A wrong will be righted -- and even if it has been you who has been wronged, you will tremble at the terrible power of Justice untempered by Mercy.
Pray for your oppressor, that his punishment will fit his crime.
Tried again
Asked question
What am I looking for in my lost dreams?
Cast Hexagram:

53 - Fifty-Three
Chien / Gradual Progress

The gnarled Pine grows tenaciously off the Cliff face:
The Superior Person clings faithfully to dignity and integrity, thus elevating the Collective Spirit of Man in his own small way.
Development.
The maiden is given in marriage.
Good fortune if you stay on course.

SITUATION ANALYSIS:

Adaptability mixed with integrity will bring a calm, steady progress.
Move from your center, always faithful to your principles, yet with the flexibility to weather any tempest.
Yours is not a meteoric rise to the top, but the solid, confident footing of one who has a clear vision of what can be, and who is willing to climb the distance to reach it.
The oracle foresees companionship along the way -- a Divine comfort on any journey.
http://www.ichingonline.net/rw/17373043 ... ost+dreams

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » September 2nd, 2010, 6:15 pm

I decided I'd go ask, too.

I asked, "Where is he?"

Cast Hexagram:

59 - Fifty-Nine
Huan / Dissolution

Wind carries the Mists aloft:
Sage rulers dedicated their lives to serving a Higher Power and built temples that still endure.

The King approaches his temple.
Success if you stay on course.
You may cross to the far shore.

SITUATION ANALYSIS:

Walls meant to protect have instead separated and isolated.
Your defenses have kept you apart from those whom you most need to touch.
Whatever the reason for discord between you, it is time to lay down your arms.
Dispel the inflexible demands and fears of the Mind so that you may reunite in the Heart.
If you have begrudged, forgive.
If you have torn down, repair.
If you have injured, heal.
If you have judged, pardon.
If you have grasped, let go.

~I don't know why I never know exactly where I am.
I just don't find things very solid anymore,
maybe it all is able to morph and I'm extra awares.

It's funny to think that way, then think about how I can't just sleep anywhere. I like to sleep where I'm comfy or else I won't sleep. Like sleep is the ultimate and has to be in a good spot.

Peace in the next time you're lost dream.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 3rd, 2010, 5:48 pm

I got that I Ching a few weeks ago. What question did you ask?

I left the question box empty.

I don't know what I am looking for in my dreams, a way out I think. According to my I ching I am looking for love. Maybe. But there is nothing lovely in my dreams.

I think I am trying to find my way which is silly really.

Because my way is the only way as St Jack said.
"Your way is the only way"

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » September 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm

I didn't leave it empty, I'd asked, "Where is he?"

I guess it was unsure of me.
My palm reader had said I was nuts, she saw in my hand that I'd turned my back on the ex, but after accepting that I was a bit mean, she then looked and said I'd find true love when I was old. lol, not much of a love reading.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 4th, 2010, 7:54 am

Where is he?

Geez I could have told you that.

He is in your back yard, he is sitting in that tree in front of your house. You don't have to search for him, just click your heels together 3 times and say
"There is no place like home"

Love and The Goddess, Bill Moyer and Joseph Campbell from the TV show called The Power of Myth

I always liked this bit

For as all true loves know, love is perfect kindness
I always like this movie a lot.

The Princess Bride:

Miracle Max: Sonny, true love is the greatest thing, in the world-except for a nice MLT - mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » September 4th, 2010, 11:26 am

In my back yard I can see this large fruit tree, I'm not even positive what type of fruit is growing on it, I can only guess it's apples, but sometimes I think it's peaches or oranges, depends on how the sun is hitting it. Actually, if the sun is not hitting on it right and the shadows are all over, it's nearly impossible to even see fruit, I only see it during that time of day cause I know it's there and so then the curve of a fruit will become somewhat visible.

These gigantic animals hang out to eat that fruit and then I start thinking it's some sort of magic tree with special fruit that makes animals larger than normal.

Anyway, I find him there a lot.
~Lewis Carroll

Return to “Postips & e-sources”