Nemesis - Phillip Roth

Discuss books & films.
Arcadia

Nemesis - Phillip Roth

Post by Arcadia » March 25th, 2015, 9:48 pm

I read the book in three days but I felt I´ve been reading it (and it´s posible variations) since a long time, weird ... :shock: The three day express-reading despite/thanks? its tortuosity it made me smile.

WIREMAN

Re: Nemesis - Phillip Roth

Post by WIREMAN » March 26th, 2015, 4:18 pm

i still haventfinished portnoys complaint.... :lol:
me I feel like I'm becoming some kinda Kung fu t.v. Priest.....

Arcadia

Re: Nemesis - Phillip Roth

Post by Arcadia » March 26th, 2015, 8:29 pm

portnoys complaint... no idea of that one, Wireman, but I have to say the complaint- thing is itself at least both a very present & challenging subject ... :lol:

My uncle from father´s side had polio at three years old and he was at the hospital for one month recently (he surprisingly scape from that place five days ago and alive after a color cáncer operation :!: ). The fact activated a lot of time to talk with him (also about long ago internations & polio times & nowadays challenges). It also activated some kind of ancient family memory (& conflicts & fears & feelings & questions & learnings , of course). From nowhere (I mean, some internet search) the Némesis book clashed from the universal library into my hands, to read it at that moment was an interesting, familiar & also odd experience, and yeah, it made me smile ... literature has that power!

Return to “Literature & Film”