Mme de Lafayette

Discuss books & films.
Arcadia

Mme de Lafayette

Post by Arcadia » June 1st, 2005, 11:15 pm

La princesa de Clèves: I have to find and read the book in fifteen days wich is something near science fiction for me... and sure the translation will sound like reading directly from el siglo de oro.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » June 2nd, 2005, 10:20 am

Good luck, Arcadia. I know nada del libro... nada damn thing. :wink:

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » June 2nd, 2005, 9:29 pm

Powellsbooksdotcom has it
http://www.powells.com/s?kw=Mme+de+Lafa ... earch.y=13

Speaking of URL's that link on the musical farewell did not work, had to go back to the home page for the band there was a zillion songs listed, was there a particular song on there you refered to?

Cecil, that collage you sent me last year, "all these things can live in harmony" I hope it was not soaked in the great phar lepht flood of 2005. One of my guilty pleases is those Travis McGee novels. He says to Myer his old friend, "a friend is someone who you can say any dam fool thing to and still be friends"

edited once, twice
BTW
No body could throw banana cream pies like SooZen and Anniefay. I still got custard in my ears.

You would not believe my garden. it is a jungle out there.

see you after labor day, I hope

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » June 3rd, 2005, 1:20 pm

gypsyjoker: farewell music, the link wasn´t to a particular song, it was to the group main page. Today a friend will give me back my two Xenos cds, I´ll look for one and post the name if you wanted it. Choose one or some that you like in the meantime. Thanks for the link to buy La princesa de Clèves!. I´ll try first in used books stores of Rosario and Buenos Aires.

cecil: my friend Julieta will look for the book in Buenos Aires used book stores this weekend. I have to finish Othello in the meantime. Thanks!

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » June 4th, 2005, 10:29 am

gypsyjoker: I have the cds again!. I suggest if you are feeling something near sad the beautiful "Sao Roma" ore some embrobis. If you´re not feeling sad some cocek will be great "Radka Piratka" is one of my favourites. I choose Radka Piratka for today.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » June 4th, 2005, 10:42 am

gypsyjoker: to be more specific I think the perfect song is "Sa-Allan-Allan".

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » June 28th, 2005, 1:22 pm

I had to read "La princesa de Clèves" for today but the local university is on paro. I didn´t read the book yet, I´ll photocopy it this week.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » July 7th, 2005, 9:03 pm

I didn´t photocopy the book at last!. I found it this evening in one downtown librería de usados "El ojo". 3 pesos. The book is an 1993 spanish edition and leíble. I noticed that in the first page it has also the sello of other librería de usados of the city "El pez volador" .
I have to read it and write something about it in the next two weeks.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » July 14th, 2005, 6:53 pm

well, page fourteen... more names than I can bear... Is there somewhere a film of the book?

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 14th, 2005, 7:05 pm

wish i could help you, have you checked out the internet data base of movies. I am sure it you will probably find some there. How could there not be a decent movie about her.

Return to “Literature & Film”