Un buda

Discuss books & films.
Arcadia

Un buda

Post by Arcadia » July 17th, 2005, 12:16 pm

an argentine film. It´s strange but the first thing that appear in my mind after seeing a film is the sound of the film. Then, some images and then the plot. I suppose they are inter-conected but this is the evocation sequence for me. Pedro Aznar was in the music direction, beautiful and some times predecible music. Clear Córdoba senderos in the sierra, centro and barrio streets of Buenos Aires, night-bass. The story of two brothers whose parents were killed in the last dictadura. The father practiced zen buddhism (but that wasn´t the cause of his dead). The cause. That´s a point. The film hits in some point of our generation, we sometimes are too much obssesed with causes and past. I used to ask myself when I was younger why my parents were still alive and others not. Then I asked them, dialogue could be a nice yoga for causes sometimes. One of the actors act very dumb, at first sight it moves you to think his is a bad performance. I wonder why we use to consider bad performances as inverosímiles.

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » July 28th, 2005, 5:52 pm

Que es el nombre de la pelicula?

Un Buda?
lunes 27 de junio, 12:01 AM
Infinito adelanta imágenes de la película "Un buda"

Buenos Aires, 27 de junio (Reporter). Antes de su estreno en los cines, la audiencia de la señal de televisión Infinito podrá ver imágenes exclusivas de "Un buda" y también escenas del backstage de la ópera prima del actor y director Diego Rafecas.

El próximo sábado 9 de julio a las 22 -con repetición el domingo 10 a las 18-, estará en la pantalla de Infinito el programa especial que permitirá al espectador anticiparse a un estreno cinematográfico vinculado a la temática del canal.

Infinito presentará lo más destacado del filme y un atractivo backstage para quienes estén interesados en conocer más acerca de la película del mismo realizador del corto "Vivir en Nueva York", protagonizada por Agustín Markert, Carolina Fal, Julieta Cardinali, Iván de Pineda, Tina Serrano, Vera Carnevale, Nelly Prince, Juan Manuel Tenuta, Boy Olmi, Paula Siero, Luis Ziembrowsky, Paula Montero y Fabián Bril.

"Un buda" cuenta la historia de un joven que, inserto en el mundo de la gran ciudad, lucha por evadir y posponer sistemáticamente su particular y profunda necesidad espiritual, el desesperado anhelo de su alma por saber quién es él.

La pérdida, el desengaño y la tragedia lo llevan irremediablemente a adentrarse de un modo extremo en el abismo de prácticas espirituales ascéticas, para abandonar por completo su vida, su entorno, su alimentación y sacudir el mundo de las personas que lo rodean.

Su hermano, profesor de Filosofía en la Universidad de Buenos Aires, y su novia, actriz e hija de una importante empresaria del medio televisivo, serán los interlocutores de su extraño viaje.

Además de poder presenciar parte del filme antes de su estreno en la pantalla grande, los televidentes de Infinito podrán participar de un concurso en el que se sortearán 200 pares de entradas para la avant premier que se llevará a cabo el lunes 11 de julio en el cine América -en Callao y Santa Fe de esta capital-. (Reporter)

LL
http://66.218.71.231/language/translati ... -tab-web-t
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » July 30th, 2005, 9:19 am

yes, the name of the film is "Un buda", "A buddha".

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » July 30th, 2005, 10:32 pm

I like this film, am encouraged that both jazz and Zen are in Argentina, also find it appealing because it is a Spanish language film and sort of out of the reach of, say, Norteamericanos, yet it is possible that the Independent Film Channel might cover it, or that it might make its way up here. or down here, really, since everybody knows that the south pole is really on top, just our Eurocentric prejuduce that orients us upside down....

I do some Zen meditation, have a great amount of respect for the westerners who have turned to Zen for spiritual sustenance.

Meditation is really to develop the consciousness of spaciousness, which allows us to be more present, open, in a more subtle way, to others and to ourselves.

Bravo I hope to find this film someday.
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

Return to “Literature & Film”