Well I Saw "Into The Wild"!!!!

Discuss books & films.
Dave The Dov

Well I Saw "Into The Wild"!!!!

Post by Dave The Dov » October 28th, 2007, 5:28 pm

I looked for our star Scootertrash. But I did not see him. So I'm guessing that either his scene was cut out or it flew right by and I did not see it. Anyway the movie was great!!!! Talk about bringing the whole real story and feel of what that guy went through was something else. I would highly recommend this movie to every one.
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 24th, 2009, 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » October 29th, 2007, 12:48 pm

I listened to Eddie Vedder´s music for the film and I like it!. Maybe at the end of february before the Oscars is here. Thanks for the recommendation! :wink:

Scootertrash

Post by Scootertrash » November 12th, 2007, 3:23 am

It hasnt hit here in Podunkville yet, as far as I know...I did talk to a friend up in the city and she said she didnt see me in it either....maybe I'm just too pretty and detracted from the major star, Emil Whatshisname. yeah, that was prolly it...they cut me out because Im too pretty
Check One:
_Yes, I would like to receive information on Nigerian Oil Investments
_Yes, I would like to receive information on pyramid and triangle-based investment opportunities

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » November 15th, 2007, 5:21 pm

Oh no fair you would have added to the movie!!!! :D
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 24th, 2009, 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Scootertrash

Post by Scootertrash » December 24th, 2007, 4:47 am

Well, except for the richly beautiful and stunning photography and a really good performance by the kid in the featured role, I thought it sucked rocks. And I'm not just saying that because they cut out my scene(hell, they were here shooting for a week in the same place and didnt use one frame of it-they cut out hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of local filming), I thought the editing of it prevented the viewer from developing a deeper connection to the characters which detracted from the dire drama that boy created for himself. Like just when you were starting to feel something, there'd be another goofy "flashback" type scene....I walked out about 10-15 minutes before it ended-maybe I shouldn't a read the book, the book told the story in a linear matter of fact way..I dunno, maybe Im just getting too old to enjoy films in the theater anymore..too goddamned set in my ways or something...I dunno. I really didnt get much of a sympathetic reaction for the central character-he came off as so self centered and shallow, not to mention lacking in common sense
Check One:
_Yes, I would like to receive information on Nigerian Oil Investments
_Yes, I would like to receive information on pyramid and triangle-based investment opportunities

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » December 25th, 2007, 5:31 am

ST that's okay about how you felt about it. Everyone has their opinon and I like that. I perfer that people speak their minds about rather then not say anything about it in the end. I loved it all the way through!!!! I hope everyone gets the chance to see it!!!! The cinematography will blow you away!!!! I found myself drawn into the person being shown in the movie. I did not read the book myself though I did some what page through the book when I came acrossed it before it became a movie.
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 24th, 2009, 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » March 5th, 2008, 12:38 pm

dave! I have the film waiting at home !!!!!!! but I still didn´t find the time to watch it!!!!!!!!!. I´ll tell you later!! :)

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » March 5th, 2008, 2:38 pm

Ohhhhh you'll love the look of the film!!!! I know I did!!!! :D
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 24th, 2009, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » April 1st, 2008, 2:23 pm

I saw last friday the film at home with an anthropologist friend (after doing long talk-catharsis from the last week events) and since it was end-of-the-month and we didn´t have much money to do something else :lol: .
My sensation at first... great photography, great music and a bit on-the-road stupid story... ( at the same time it reminded me somehow a film with Robin Williams as literature professor and a kid commiting suicide at the end, I don´t remember the name -the Thoreau thing) then I liked the other caracters beyond the kid, I liked also the kind of empathy and :?: and movilization a wandering kid can produce. Then I thought in a kind of Robinson on purpose without Viernes and a neo-impossible-lonely kind of paleolitic subject, a mad alaskan inram with the only guide of books. In resumen, I liked the film despite/also because? the sad and provocador end (yeah, it was sad and stupid and lonely despite the insightfull and lovely images and words near the death ). I would have been great that he returned after meeting his grandfather to the love of the young joni mitchell, spent time with his hippy friends, sent a letter to his family saying something like "I´m ok, don´t worry", gave cigarettes to his friend in jail, found some job, engage in some cause , kept reading books and maybe wrote one... :lol: :shock: (paradoxically I always feel an asshole thinking like that when I found the film is based in "a true story"...)

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » April 2nd, 2008, 10:22 am

So you liked it then????
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 24th, 2009, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » April 2nd, 2008, 3:37 pm

dave... do you still want a yes-no answer!!!!!!!!! :lol: well, here you have one: I liked it!: it has a lot of welcome and exit doors!!!!!!!

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » April 2nd, 2008, 4:12 pm

Some say yes and some say I'm out of here!!!!

Return to “Literature & Film”