Cinema Paradiso

Discuss books & films.
bennie2

Cinema Paradiso

Post by bennie2 » April 13th, 2008, 7:04 am

The more I watch this film, the more I fall in love with it... I think it's going to replace Withnail and I as my favourite film before too long...

<a href="http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseacti ... 362">Nuovo Cinema Paradiso</a><br><embed src="http://lads.myspace.com/videos/vplayer.swf" flashvars="m=15623362&v=2&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="430" height="346"></embed>

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » April 23rd, 2008, 7:59 pm

bennie: "my favourite film before too long... "

as of today it's been ten days since you wrote that. has it replace 'withnail' yet as your favorite..? just curious.

I saw this flick several years ago and found myself rather mesmerized by it. I'd have to watch probably several more times before I'd do any ranking of it tho...

this is an interesting cut...

constantine

Post by constantine » April 28th, 2008, 9:10 am

tornatore is a remarkable director; i've seen most of his work. the ending is one of the most original and beautiful endings in cinema. his film Star Maker is disturbingly beautiful as well - oracular; see it and see if you don't agree. he is consistent in quality.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » May 6th, 2008, 2:23 pm

It was a great success and everybody´s loving film here (in times where old cinemas were closing its doors to become shopping centers or evangelist temples...) I remember I saw it in the cinema in a special función for the University... really blurry!!!. I vaguely remember that I liked it :lol: (the small town, the meaning of cinema in people´s life, cinema being part of people´s life, the oficio of proyector, south of Italy?, the kid and the old man...) I have to see it again!!!!! :) :wink:

Return to “Literature & Film”