Post by mtmynd » April 20th, 2008, 7:54 pm

Scootertrash

Post by Scootertrash » April 21st, 2008, 5:00 am

Say, that looks like mighty snazzy stuff alright...I'll be waiting for that one

Wanna go for a walk? Dont look down!

http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1438490562
Check One:
_Yes, I would like to receive information on Nigerian Oil Investments
_Yes, I would like to receive information on pyramid and triangle-based investment opportunities

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » April 21st, 2008, 12:27 pm

Hey, Scoot! how goes it, movie star?

Thx for that link... not being a fan of great heights, that was unbelievable! The fellow who did that was fearless, imho... walking over pipe over 100 yrs old (btw: how did they do that??). Somewhere along the path he'd have to come down... double freaky.

Scootertrash

Post by Scootertrash » April 22nd, 2008, 3:41 am

Aw, it's goin' okay, Cec....getting sick of winter but other than that things going good enough.... Yeah, hiking around on crumbling concrete and rusty pipes over some gorge isnt exactly my recreation of choice, either...that guy musta been tied on or else part cat to do that...

My movie career is on hold at the moment because of this dumb job Im doing...Robert Duval and Charlize Theron are doing one here on the beach starting in about a week-but I dont think I can take the time off in case they need extras..I might show up for the call if it's within my schedule to do so...

life goin okay for you??
Check One:
_Yes, I would like to receive information on pyramid and triangle-based investment opportunities

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » April 22nd, 2008, 6:22 pm

Say speaking of movies what ever happen to "Cthulthu"????
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 24th, 2009, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » April 22nd, 2008, 8:06 pm

DtD : the trailer : http://www.cthulhuthemovie.com/

H.P. has got it on hold... ;)

Scooter: All is going like it should... sometimes not with my knowledge or okay, but life has it's purpose. You know what that's like.

Saw the doctor today. It was my 3 month check up. First question he asked me : "Are you still not smoking?" Of course I haven't... but that doesn't mean the thought doesn't come up... purely a psychological deal... the body has kicked the nicotine habit. All else with Cecil is good... the blood work showed all such tests normal, blood pressure is normal. The doctor is happy for me. It's been 7 long months with a lifetime to go. But you, scoot, sometimes I want to smoke a pack of camel straights, drink a bunch of shots of a good tequila and not have to worry about any consequences. A dream but a good 'un. :lol:

Scootertrash

Post by Scootertrash » April 25th, 2008, 4:31 am

Oh that smoking is the worst goddamn habit ever invented...that shit should be illegal....shit, I've done every drug known to mankind ( and a few known only to livestock, too) and never struggled so hard with any of it as I have with the cigs..damn those things all to hell! I quit last year, coldassed turkey and made it exactly 9 months without so much as a puff-I had my head in the right place and I was an ex-smoker. Felt great for it and about it......then, around Xmas last, I was just overwhelmed with a fiendish craving that came outta no where..I was at work late at night and someone had left a pack of cigs in the office....I knew if I smoked just ONE I would be a gonner, but that didnt stop me-no sir, it didnt. God, that first cigarette just knocked me on my ass-could feel the nicotene coursing all the way through the nerves in my body-felt like I was going to Hell but I didnt care. Of course, the habit sucked me back in like my soul was getting sucked through a hookah....Got to get my head back into it-the flesh is weak, and right now so is the spirit... curses
Check One:

Scootertrash

Post by Scootertrash » April 25th, 2008, 4:58 am

Dave The Dov wrote:Say speaking of movies what ever happen to "Cthulthu"????
I dunno...I hear rumors of showings around the PNW, but by the time I hear about'em, it's all over but the obigatory moaning and groaning
Check One:

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » April 26th, 2008, 6:22 pm

Yeah really!!!!
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 24th, 2009, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jacob

Post by Jacob » June 16th, 2008, 1:40 pm

*ahem* Back to the topic of "Machine Girl", in which all I have to say is
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow. No really. I was laughing hysterically when the chaos began. :lol: Me thinks we will never find that trailer on American telivision. Is it even on air on Japanese television? In either case, it REALLY reminds me of the B-Movie experience, with images of "Grindhouse" in my mind.

Due to what the current wiki article says, it's a fairly new movie, was a video release on the 3rd of this month, and a theatrical release in Japan August 2...anyone own the video? And please tell me it's still in Japanese with English subtitles. Wouldn't be able to stand the dub. :wink:

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » June 16th, 2008, 3:10 pm

Thanks for the images Cecil.
It is better than the video coming out of Iraq
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » June 24th, 2008, 5:36 pm

Like I said laughter is a pretty normal human reaction to over the top violence.

I am just too much of a nebbish to watch it jacob. About 30 secs. The decapitation bit.

But I like the Itchy and Scratchy cartoons on the Simpsons even though they are gruesome, seeing bart and lisa laughing at them makes me laugh too.

I hope I did not sound condenscending
enjoy the movie
jt
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

Jacob

Post by Jacob » August 4th, 2008, 5:56 am

Alright, so I ACTUALLY BOUGHT THE MOVIE about a few weeks ago. And here I thought I would only rent it or borrow it off of someone. No, I bought it, and only because I thought it would be completly random, and I need to use up my Best Buy coupon. Best $2 I've ever spent. :D

Sure, the movie is very over the top, making you want to facepalm every other minute, questioning why they went that extreme, making you either want to laugh or cry (laughter for me). Despite all this though...it's actually very well made. The story is bad in terms or what others would consider a "good movie" in "normal" cinemas, but for its genre (doesn't make sense and is meant to be that way), it's VERY good. My friend who watched it with me can testify that I was commenting on the style of certain scenes every few minute or so. The director and cameramen really knew how to film a movie, bizarre and crazy that it was. ;)

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » August 4th, 2008, 4:18 pm

A regular "Salad Days" then????
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 25th, 2009, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

e_dog

Post by e_dog » August 10th, 2008, 5:35 am

Where was that climbiung vid a video of? They was using ropes, how?
I don't think 'Therefore, I am.' Therefore, I am.

Return to “Literature & Film”