some last dictadura prohibited kids books

Discuss books & films.
Arcadia

some last dictadura prohibited kids books

Post by Arcadia » March 20th, 2009, 1:25 pm

thanks to the request of one of my fifth year students!. I knew about them, I was always near to read them but I never read them until now!. I was surprised to know that in the most important public library of my city there were only one book of each one ... We read them today with the fourth and fifth year students, they were very interested and they liked them!....... "Un elefante ocupa mucho espacio" by Elsa Borneman, "La torre de cubos" by Laura Devetach.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 20th, 2009, 6:43 pm

As the journalist Judith Gociol (2) in Part A blow to the books (1976-1983): "While the bans have been installed on all fronts, there was a space that the eye of the censor monitored strongly: the children's literature. The military felt the moral obligation to preserve the children of those books that, in his view-were concerned sacred values such as family, religion or homeland. Much of this control was exercised through school, as evidenced by the instructions of the "Operation Clarity '(signed by the Chief of Army, Roberto Viola), designed to detect and sequester Marxist literature and to identify the teachers who advise subversive books."

In the same issue, Laura Devetach recalls those dark times: "The tower blocks were first banned in the province of Santa Fe, then continued to the province of Buenos Aires, Mendoza and the South, until he became national decree. A From there I spent the very bad. Because this was not a matter of academic prestige or that whether or not the book in bookstores. One had a green Falcon in the door. I lived in Cordova and more than once had to sleeping outside. We finally came to my husband to Buenos Aires in search of work and anonymity. Throughout this period I wanted and I could not publish. "

A Tower of Blocks
I would like to read this one.
This book consists of fifteen short stories that speak of liberty, of friendship, solidarity, justice Here, anything can happen: that the circus animals decide to rebel, that a girl has a very long plait, which the mirrors reflect the past or the future, one that begins a journey endless caresses for the field, and more.

An Elephant In Too Much Space
[/quote]

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » April 13th, 2009, 9:38 pm

sure you can, s-t!!!!!!!! :wink:

gracias for reading!!!!!!! :D

Return to “Literature & Film”