Autumn films 2009

Discuss books & films.
Arcadia

Autumn films 2009

Post by Arcadia » April 13th, 2009, 10:03 pm

Milk: in dvd format. I didn´t knew the story of Harvey Milk before seeing the film, but while seeing it I had the feeling that there was supposed to be someone like him... Some kind of biographic cinema bordering didactics. It´s necessary sometimes, I like it!!!! :) ... touching view of an emergent person and context!. And always a pleasure (for me) to see Sean Penn acting!!!!!

The reader in dvd format. Interesting take about human justice, beliefs, social conditioning, freedom, memory and life´s holes/wholes. Also a brief-intense Bruno Ganz appeareance (I don´t know why, but I like a lot the atmosphere that actor produce in the films!)

Antes de que anochezca on tv cable. Film in auto-biograpic narration tone based on Reinaldo Arena´s writings. It makes you wonder about Lezama Lima´s biblioteca, arms & testosterone, control societies... I applaudded Bardem, was surprised by Depp and desired a more relaxed and at the same time more free times for the island! :)

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » April 17th, 2009, 2:13 pm

Look for "The Times Of Harvey Milk" and watch that first!!!! That will give you very good insight on him before you see, "Milk"!!!!

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » April 19th, 2009, 9:26 am

well I already saw "Milk" dave... :lol: , I´ll google what you mentioned and also try to see it (inevitable) after Milk! :wink: gracias!!!!!!! :)

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » April 24th, 2009, 2:02 pm

Go to YouTube they got the whole thing on there!!!! :D

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » June 3rd, 2009, 9:07 pm

gracias again, dave! :)

not too much time to see films (I still have in my to-see-list two local ones: Días de Mayo and La última estación). But I made company to a friend to the cinema without knowing what would I see and I sintonized Europa Europa last week, and happily I enjoyed the two films! :)

Then she found me, last time I saw Helen Hunt was in the Robison family, I guess! :lol: I enjoyed the acid humor, fiction-acceleration and humanity in the film!

Mon ange a 2004 film by Serge Frydman. Sweet, devastated, magic and talked in french!

My brother gave me "Entre muros" and "The edge of heaven" but I still didn´t see them.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » June 28th, 2009, 4:26 pm

there is one more film that I saw some weeks ago, also in tv cable:

Carrie´s war a 2004 film, I enjoy it very much! :D

Return to “Literature & Film”