"Pensar Bolivia" Rafael Bautista S.

Discuss books & films.
Arcadia

"Pensar Bolivia" Rafael Bautista S.

Post by Arcadia » January 29th, 2010, 11:06 am

To find librerias in La Paz downtown is not easy. Asking I could find three near the Plaza where is located the casa de gobierno. I wanted to find some book written by a bolivian about the process of the last years. From the three bookstores two of them had regarding politics or social sciencies books and magazines against Evo´s government and printed material about indigenismo edited only by catholic órdenes: Verbitas, Salesianos... (one of the libraries had also a very loud radio turned on yelling about the government all the time I was there): those books maybe also were interesting to read but I could only buy one or two and I prefered keep searching for some line more in touch to my thought. The third library was in charge of an old man in an impecable suit and kind smile like landed form other times that showed me and a friend at least ten interesting books, the last one the one I bought, a collection of essays published previously online. I was reading part of it during the travel: very intesting and I also like the way it was written, I´ll try to find online articles of the author and post them so if you are interested you can do your own translation.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » January 31st, 2010, 9:39 am

Return to “Literature & Film”