April films

Discuss books & films.
Arcadia

April films

Post by Arcadia » April 10th, 2011, 7:19 pm

I saw last week "Un cuento chino" and I enjoyed it very much!! (it made me laugh and cry a bit...). See the trailer:

a friend told me that today in TCM is Monthy Python´s 1983 "El sentindo de la vida". I´ll try to see it!, lot of time since I don´t see a Monthy Python´s film..!

Arcadia

Re: April films

Post by Arcadia » April 26th, 2011, 8:38 pm

I didn´t see Monthy Pyton´s film that night, I was too sleepy...! :lol:

other films seen last week:

"Five minutes of heaven" (after an year of been lost between other cds). People in the same town fighting one against other during the seventies & the "reconciliation" possibility... it sounded familiar..., I liked very much the actuation of the main characters, specially the one that not was Liam Neeson?.

"Ajami" in El Cairo public cinema... so complex reality showed there... wanting to leave the room after an hour of seeing the film, but I stayed.

Arcadia

Re: April films

Post by Arcadia » April 28th, 2011, 7:41 pm

another one that I saw two weeks ago, I almost forget it:

"Revolución": De la Serna looks more borbonic & rosy than San Martín was supposed to look like & it was somehow "realistic" and odd at the same time to listen to him talk in spanish-spanish...!. It makes an interesante break with another older filmic version of the life of the prócer and the Cruce de los Andes: "El santo de la espada" (The sword´s saint....) I liked the others characters´s/actors perspective from which the story was told in "Revolución", though it´s sad to even imagine thanks to films times where war was the only way out to some freedom...

Return to “Literature & Film”