summer films

Discuss books & films.
Arcadia

summer films

Post by Arcadia » January 8th, 2013, 7:46 pm

more free time & maybe I needed also to try to be outside of my own drama in the last days, here are some films I´ve been watching in the last two weeks (the funny thing with films is that oddly they recreats your own drama somehow...! :roll: :lol:)

randomly on tv:

"Le piccole idee" an italian film that reminded me somehow argentine films of ten years ago, lovely!!!

"American history X" ... sad & sadic story ... great Edward Norton job ...

in the cimena:

"Seven days in La Habana": somehow endarkened but interesting visitor´s vision. The unconditional friendship in the story with Kusturica as an actor, the face of the palestinian voyager lost in time and the psicologist shouting for eggs in the middle of an electric cut were my favourite ones.

on dvd:

"El elefante blanco": daily life & conflicts in a villa ruled mostly by the narcos in the eyes of the "helpers" (not kelpers!)... thrilling & easily verosímil.

"To Rome with love.." it made me smile and also realized that W. Allen´s speed-talk is already history...

Arcadia

Re: summer films

Post by Arcadia » February 25th, 2013, 7:23 pm

I´ve seen yesterday thanks zapping "Soy Cuba" a 1964´s film of Mihail Kalatozov. It seems the film wasn´t well recived in that time neither in Cuba nor ir the Soviet Union for different reasons. I like it! .Interesting listen to it dialogue with "Seven days in La Habana"

Return to “Literature & Film”