I want to make a

Discuss books & films.
Axanderdeath

I want to make a

Post by Axanderdeath » August 14th, 2005, 1:16 pm

film.
but it will be hard
because I am the only person who belives that a story abouit my lkife would be any good! They always say what is the point. I say none, I just want to make a movie--mother fucker!
thus spoke G.A.P.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 14th, 2005, 1:23 pm

getchyerself a video camera....

go for it!

Get a copy of iMovie.

(I think they make it for both mac and pc... not sure... if not, there are other digital movie editors out there.... )

Axanderdeath

Post by Axanderdeath » August 14th, 2005, 1:28 pm

doreen peri wrote:getchyerself a video camera....

go for it!

Get a copy of iMovie.

(I think they make it for both mac and pc... not sure... if not, there are other digital movie editors out there.... )
camrs arer spensive no?

some one told me a deposite for on of the good ones is like 500 dallars?

I just saw brocken flowers and jim jarchesè movies make me want to do somthing--it was good--you should see it...
thus spoke G.A.P.

K&D

Post by K&D » August 14th, 2005, 1:42 pm

you don't need a really high end camera to make a great film...damn i wish we had had this descussion earlier, i was going to get a better camera...right now i have a high 8 video camera and i was going to up grade to a mini-dv and donate my camera but i desided not to because i can rent camera's in college...when i come in this christmas remind me and maybe i can send you my high 8 camera...when i get a new camera for school.
Blah!

Axanderdeath

Post by Axanderdeath » August 14th, 2005, 6:17 pm

K&D wrote:you don't need a really high end camera to make a great film...damn i wish we had had this descussion earlier, i was going to get a better camera...right now i have a high 8 video camera and i was going to up grade to a mini-dv and donate my camera but i desided not to because i can rent camera's in college...when i come in this christmas remind me and maybe i can send you my high 8 camera...when i get a new camera for school.
sureÉ

I don`t know if you couldÉ
thus spoke G.A.P.

K&D

Post by K&D » August 14th, 2005, 9:51 pm

i've never mailed a camera before....but i'll sure try come christmas...i'm not going to do anything with it.
Blah!

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » August 14th, 2005, 10:07 pm

K&D

you are such a sweetheart to offer your camera like that... i'm just totally bowled over with your generosity... i mean, geez.... geoff wants to make a movie, you offer a camera... how beautiful is that?

speaking of beautiful... it wis wonderful to finally see your lovely face!

yer a cutie, gurl! love the avatar photo!

;)

K&D

Post by K&D » August 14th, 2005, 10:16 pm

yeah, to tell you the truth it took me a while to line it up...its hard to find pics of me alone...so that was one of me with my friend, Jen before going off to celebrate halloween...i'm a Cat Burglar...or a Beatnick Cat...but i tell people that i'm a beatnick cat and some people don't get it, so i'm a Cat Burgler...i thought halloween would never get better during my teen years after i got over the trick or treat thing but last halloween rocked.

i'm not going to use my camera after i get a new one...i figure, why not right? its was a very nice camera when i bought in, what three years ago...it works just fine.
Blah!

Axanderdeath

Post by Axanderdeath » August 15th, 2005, 6:00 pm

K&D wrote:yeah, to tell you the truth it took me a while to line it up...its hard to find pics of me alone...so that was one of me with my friend, Jen before going off to celebrate halloween...i'm a Cat Burglar...or a Beatnick Cat...but i tell people that i'm a beatnick cat and some people don't get it, so i'm a Cat Burgler...i thought halloween would never get better during my teen years after i got over the trick or treat thing but last halloween rocked.

i'm not going to use my camera after i get a new one...i figure, why not right? its was a very nice camera when i bought in, what three years ago...it works just fine.
what do you use your cam for now? You make the movies?
thus spoke G.A.P.

K&D

Post by K&D » August 15th, 2005, 6:04 pm

i use the cam for school...i'm a sophmore film major, i use it to shoot personal peices which i then show to my fellow film students...might use it if i cant borrow a cam at college becauase they are all loaned out or something like that.
Blah!

Axanderdeath

Post by Axanderdeath » August 15th, 2005, 6:14 pm

I used the word cam becuase it sounds more like I know what I am talking about--no I really used it because I don't like long words like camera--and spell it wrong--but what do you think about the new jim jarmusch movie--do you like jim??

Movie--i really just want to write a movie, I am trying to get in to a script writing class or something, and i kind oof know a couple people that are in the bizz, and it seems like it may be a bit more lucritive than trying to be a novel or poetry or writer writer..

You have to be kidding about the camera... But flim school? My X-girl friend was in some film classes--she dis-liked them--they were boreing to her--it sounded kind of easy to me though, I have to admitt but I know it is probally not too easy.
thus spoke G.A.P.

K&D

Post by K&D » August 16th, 2005, 10:26 am

ddon't buy one of those programs that helps you write a script, waist of money, anyone with a pen an pencil and some good ideas can write a script.

haven't seen broken flowers yet...i liked parts of coffie and cigerets but thats understandable since i'm really into some of the people he featured in that film...i think, from what i heard, Broken flowers will be one of his better films.
Blah!

Axanderdeath

Post by Axanderdeath » August 16th, 2005, 10:31 am

K&D wrote:ddon't buy one of those programs that helps you write a script, waist of money, anyone with a pen an pencil and some good ideas can write a script.

haven't seen broken flowers yet...i liked parts of coffie and cigerets but thats understandable since i'm really into some of the people he featured in that film...i think, from what i heard, Broken flowers will be one of his better films.
It is really good. Billl Murry is a funny guy. There are no cool rockers or waits oor iggy in it though--Bill Murry is a rocker comic--I think. I was thinking it was going to be a boreing middle age--coming to terms with--movie but it turned out to be good--maybe a bit coming to terms with.

And about the internet script writing thing--I donèt belive anything on the net--this is some film co-op thing in monteal... Like a class that I will physically be present in--like taking up space..

Watch
down by law
mystery train

I think those are the best by jim
thus spoke G.A.P.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » August 16th, 2005, 10:14 pm

you want to make a film? That sounds good!. When you finish it tell me, there is something like a film festival here in Mar del Plata.

Return to “Literature & Film”