Tarnation

Discuss books & films.
AQuestion

Tarnation

Post by AQuestion » September 17th, 2005, 2:05 pm

wow. I was impressed. documentary about a son's relationship with his family, specifically with his mother, coz he`s fuck her a few times; detailing his feelings about who he was and what h was affected by the type of upbringing that he had. It was produced and directed by, none other than the son himself, who is: John Carouette.

I really did dig it. and recommend it.
It`s so erotic & cool!
Everything is surreal and i'm still not sure which decision I'll make.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 17th, 2005, 2:12 pm

Thanks! Adding it to my Netflix queue.

e_dog

Post by e_dog » November 1st, 2005, 11:18 pm

i don't know which version you saw, but AQuest's description doesn't exactly fit this docu film;

"about a son's relationship with his family, specifically with his mother, coz he`s fuck her a few times"
whatever that's spossed to mean doesn't come from the film.

this ain't no Oedipus flick, mon.

and
"It`s so erotic & cool!"
is very difficult to figure, unless you find electroshock therapy, mental breakdowns and uber-anxiety to be 'erotic'. but it is 'cool' as far as editing goes, but definitely a disturbing story.

worth seeing.
I don't think 'Therefore, I am.' Therefore, I am.

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » November 3rd, 2005, 1:21 am

great description
it could be kind of erotic
kinky :lol:

I hope I am laughing with you not at you.
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

AQuestion

Post by AQuestion » December 22nd, 2005, 5:52 pm

Ok, um, I am just now coming back to this post after weeks and weeks and here I find that someone has come and fucked with this thread because the following are not my words:

" coz he`s fuck her a few times"

I did NOT type that. I know damn well that that documentary is NOT about anything like that.

And I also never typed this either:

"It's so erotic & cool"

I just didn't. I wouldn't have typed that about that film.

So what gives?
Everything is surreal and i'm still not sure which decision I'll make.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » December 22nd, 2005, 6:41 pm

Hi Annie... Welcome back! Good to see you again! Sorry to read this happened!

The site was hacked back in September. The way the hackers got in was to hack a few names somehow and change some posts. Then they somehow got into the admin panel, made a name an administrator and proceeded to remove the entire setup... When you hit the site, there was a big message on the page (instead of the forums) which said "Hacked by Turkish Hacker" or something like that.

I suspect that your post being changed was related to this same attack on the site since the date is in September and that's when it happened.

We've upgraded the forums to a newer version which has safeguards to keep it from getting hacked again (or so they tell me... fingers crossed!)...

Again, apologies.... You can edit your original post. If you can't edit it any more for some reason, let me know how you want it to read by email or pm and I'll edit it for you.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » December 22nd, 2005, 7:53 pm

hacked by CyberSoldier. Remember he signed in as a new member first. then the attack came.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » September 19th, 2007, 5:11 pm

brave, interesting film!.
the sequence where the eleven year old boy appeared so full of pain and at the same time as a great actor :shock: me.

Tarnation is a part of a collection of films newly edited here in dvd format(some national films and others from different countries not seen in cinemas are also there).

Return to “Literature & Film”