Into The Wild

Discuss books & films.
Scootertrash

Post by Scootertrash » June 28th, 2007, 2:29 pm

Check One:
_Yes, I would like to receive information on Nigerian Oil Investments
_Yes, I would like to receive information on pyramid and triangle-based investment opportunities

Scootertrash

Post by Scootertrash » June 28th, 2007, 2:36 pm

panta rhei wrote:hi cecil --

"my" film will be on tv next spring (probably)... i hope to be able to record it on dvd, and then i could send you a copy.
Dearest Panta....I've gotten pretty good at seeking out, downloading and burning to dvd, films and tv shows that are uploaded to bittorrent sites around the world. There is a good chance your movie is upped somewhere- if you let me know the title I'll start searching and if I can get it I'll be happy to send a copy to any and all who want.
I really want to see it because you are a very attractive woman in your photos and it would be cool to see you in motion and hear your voice.
Check One:
_Yes, I would like to receive information on pyramid and triangle-based investment opportunities

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » June 28th, 2007, 2:55 pm

We all love Sean Penn no doubt
have had a few wilderness experiences myself
mostly backdoor from civilization
but I gotta get the book and see the movie
it gives me new hope and energy.

i remember once i said that i was gonna make a radical break from society
left my temp job in longy beachy, caught a bus to the foothills of the mountains north of LA, picked up my dog at a kennel where he'd been staying for a month (i visited him weekly)
walked across the mountains into the desert
that's about as far from civilisation as i got
lived outdoors for four months
up and down the west coast

but this guy had the vision for a quest
i just ordered the book
first one i've bought
in a while
need a bit of courage
just to go to work
with a smile
until Miss Betty says
"I got to put up with you today?"
then it just flows.

alaska in chitistone pass
summertime tundra
old pros·pec·tor and his dog
stopped by the camp
walked in
walked out
had a cabin to "winter" in
prospecting just his excuse for a lifestyle
like a bohemian artist
in the wild
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

Scootertrash

Post by Scootertrash » September 20th, 2007, 10:12 pm

September 21, 2007 is the release date for Into The Wild....of course Im nervous as hell as to whether my big scene was left in or left on the cutting room floor(sigh)...Oh well, guess I'll know soon enough....just in case anyone sees it and is wondering...Im the dude driving the brown jeep at the "Orrick Store"..

Ciao, babys
Check One:

Peevette

Post by Peevette » September 21st, 2007, 9:31 am

Scootertrash wrote:September 21, 2007 is the release date for Into The Wild....of course Im nervous as hell as to whether my big scene was left in or left on the cutting room floor(sigh)...Oh well, guess I'll know soon enough....just in case anyone sees it and is wondering...Im the dude driving the brown jeep at the "Orrick Store"..

Ciao, babys
It looks like a movie that I would totally enjoy!! The trailer has intrigued me into wanting to see the movie. Unfortunately, we have only one little movie theater here, and that is in Caribou. I do not see this movie listed as one they are playing this weekend.......I may have to wait until its out on DVD!!

Let us know if they cut your scene or not! How cool is that, dude???

Wicked proud of ya!
[i]Some days you're the bug; some days you're the windshield.[/i]

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » September 22nd, 2007, 7:21 pm

today´s La Capital´s note about the music in the film:

El cantante Eddie Vedder le puso música al nuevo filme de Sean Penn

“Into the Wild” no es solo el nuevo proyecto cinematográfico de Sean Penn, sino la oportunidad de que el cantante de Pearl Jam demuestre lo que puede dar de sí como. Después de ocho álbumes editados con Pearl Jam y haber colaborado con artistas de la talla como Bruce Springsteen, U2, REM, Red Hot Chili Peppers o los Rolling Stones, Eddie Vedder concretó su primer disco solista bajo la producción de Adam Kasper. Todos los temas están compuestos por Vedder excepto dos oscuras versiones: “Hard Sun”, compuesta por Gordon Peterson e incluida por la banda Indio en su álbum “Big Harvest”, y “Society”, del cantautor Jerry Hannan. El primero de estos dos temas —una canción folk donde Vedder lo canta a dúo con Corin Tucker de Sleater-Kinney— originó un video que en los próximos días estará en las cadenas musicales de televisión.

  El CD recién editado recorre cada paisaje y sensación del protagonista de la historia de Penn: “Intenté volcar toda su emotividad, tanta a partir de baladas como de canciones de rock bien afiladas, capturando a través de la música y la letra la fuerza de una comprometedora historia real”, reveló el músico.

   El filme, cuyo estreno está previsto para el 21 de septiembre en los Estados Unidos, está basado en el best seller “Hacia rutas salvajes” del escritor estadounidense Jon Krakauer y narra la experiencia de un joven interpretado por Emile Hirsch que abandona la civilización para internarse en las zonas más duras de Alaska. Esta increíble e intensa historia real tocó la sensibilidad de millones de personas en todo el mundo que leyeron el libro.

Esta no es la primera vez que el líder de Pearl Jam se corta solo, aunque nunca había grabado un LP completo. Antes había contribuido con canciones sueltas para otros proyectos en los que participó Penn, como “Mi nombre es Sam”, donde intepretó “You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away” de los Beatles y “Mientras estés conmigo”. Teniendo en cuenta estos antecedentes, es de esperar que los nuevos temas de Vedder apunten a un perfil acústico de cantautor, más que al corte netamente rockero de su banda.

Eddie Vedder lidera a Pearl Jam, banda formada en Seattle en 1990, que es el emblema actual del grunge con ocho álbumes de estudio lanzados desde su primer disco en 1991. Además de su voz, Vedder aportó a la banda su faceta de multiintrumentista, tocando en algunas canciones guitarra, batería, ukelele, armónica, acordeón y sitar.

felicitaciones!!! :D

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » September 23rd, 2007, 5:52 am

Heeeeeeyyyyy just rereading the previous posts and now that the movie is out. I'll have to go and see it just so I can see Scootertrash up on the big silver screen.

Video of the actual bus where he lived and died. Funny it looks like the same type of one that Ken Kesy used as well.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a4IC6ghMb60"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a4IC6ghMb60" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 24th, 2009, 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peevette

Post by Peevette » September 23rd, 2007, 10:02 am

I need a translater for Arcadia's post..........

I speak French......not Spanish
[i]Some days you're the bug; some days you're the windshield.[/i]

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 23rd, 2007, 10:14 am

I went to http://babelfish.altavista.com/
& copied and pasted Arcadia's text, selected spanish to english and this is what it said... i have no clue how accurate it is...
The singer Eddie Vedder put music to him to the new one films of Are Penn "Into the Wild" is not single the new cinematographic project of Are Penn, but the opportunity of which the singer of Pearl Jam demonstrates what can give of himself like. After eight albums published with Pearl Jam and salary collaborated with artists of the stature as It brushes Springsteen, U2, REM, Network Hot Chili Peppers or the Rolling Stones, Eddie Vedder made specific its first solista disc under the production of Adam Kasper. All the subjects are made up of Vedder except two dark versions: "Hard Sun", composed by Gordon Peterson and including by the Indian band in its album "Big Harvest", and "Society", of the cantautor Jerry Hannan. First of these two subjects -- a song folk where Vedder sings it to pair with Corin Tucker de Sleater-Kinney -- a video originated that in the next days will be in the musical chains of television. ??El CD just published crosses each landscape and sensation of the protagonist of the history of Penn: "I tried to overturn all its emotividad, so much from ballads as of sharpened songs of affluent rock, capturing through music and the letter the force of a compromising real history", revealed the musician. ???El films, whose opening is predicted for the 21 of September in the United States, is based on best to seller "Towards wild routes" of the American writer Jon Krakauer and narrates the experience of a young person interpreted by Emile Hirsch that leaves the civilization to go into in the hardest zones of Alaska. This incredible and intense real history anywhere in the world touched the sensitivity of million people who read the book. This is not the first time that the leader of Pearl Jam cuts itself single, although never had recorded a complete LP. Before it had contributed with loose songs for other projects in which Penn participated, as "My name is Sam", where intepretó "Yoúve Got to Hide Your Love Away" of the Beatles and "While you are with me". Considering these antecedents, it is to hope more that the new subjects of Vedder aim at an acoustic profile of cantautor, than to the cut net rocker of his band. Eddie Vedder leads to Pearl Jam, band formed in Seattle in 1990, that is the present emblem of grunge with eight sent albums of study from its first disc in 1991. In addition to its voice, Vedder contributed to the band its facet of multiintrumentista, touching in some songs guitar, battery, ukelele, harmonica, accordion and sitar.

Hey Scoot! Long time no see. Great news! Lookin forward to seein' ya on the big screen! Well hell, I'd look forward to seein' ya on any size screen. Which reminds me... I've never seen you before at all, other than photos you've posted. Head on out to Virginia and we'll go see the flick together, wanna? ;)

e_dog

Post by e_dog » September 25th, 2007, 5:17 pm

Whoa congrats, stars! Was the names these films?
I don't think 'Therefore, I am.' Therefore, I am.

Scootertrash

Post by Scootertrash » September 26th, 2007, 12:40 pm

doreen peri wrote: ________________________

Hey Scoot! Long time no see. Great news! Lookin forward to seein' ya on the big screen! Well hell, I'd look forward to seein' ya on any size screen. Which reminds me... I've never seen you before at all, other than photos you've posted. Head on out to Virginia and we'll go see the flick together, wanna? ;)
Yo Do!...man, I'd love to come to old Virginny and see you folks...hell, I'd love to go anywhere!...Hey, you were on the west coast this summer but you didnt come up and see us! You would'a gone nutso with your camera...The Oregon Coast is so much more photogenic than the one in California....plus, you can hang on isolated Oregon beaches and not worried about having your vital organs removed by Satanists for religeous ceremonies, etc....

Sorry I wasnt around much this past summer....yeah, was so busy with the fishing business and when I was on the beach I was sleeping not websurfing..
Check One:

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 29th, 2007, 6:54 am

Arch Campbell gave "Into the Wild" 3-1/2 stars... he says it's a great movie, an oscar contender! Opening this weekend in my area. Looking forward to seeing it!

Please keep us posted, Scoot, and let us know if the scene you were in made it in the movie and which scene it is so we can keep an eye out for ya! oooooohhh... I'm so excited for you... what fun! huh?

i would have loved to visit you when I was out on the west coast in August but you're quite a distance from San Francisco which is where I was.... accompanied by my elderly mother. It would have been almost impossible to do. I was only there a week. Would love to come another time!

Send me some photos of the Oregon beaches and I'll create a coupla banners with your name on them, OK? ;) Sounds beautiful!

Scootertrash

Post by Scootertrash » September 29th, 2007, 10:10 pm

oh, Im not much of a camera buff....this summer I took one of those buy-at-the-grocerystore-drop-it-off-for-developing cameras with me everyday to record fish pix..this nice one of Cape Disapointment Lighthouse is the only one I took..

the rest of'em somebody else took of me and whoever was fishing with us that day...

Check One:

Dave The Dov

Post by Dave The Dov » September 30th, 2007, 6:26 am

Okay who's more proud to have caught the fish here hmmmm????
Last edited by Dave The Dov on March 24th, 2009, 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » September 30th, 2007, 2:59 pm

Cape Disapointment Lighthouse!! great name and beautiful photos!!!
I guess I remember your face... don´t you were in some bergmanian photo before??!!

best wishes,

Return to “Literature & Film”