but my mind starts to spin
i know that world politics are slicing through puff-ball dreams
revenge for the killing of a terrorist looms in every city
at home, a student is being left to fate
my heart shakes in fear for innocence about to be butchered

some folks send valentines today
in honour of a poor lovesick jailbird
i used to tell that story to kids
but it's a tale for another time, our time is laden with love as much as possible, whenever it can be found
i'd rather tell a tale of honesty, being straight and hoping for reciprocity

no time for games today
it's now or never

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 14th, 2008, 12:38 am

It is now or never again

My head spins
My heart dreads
My spirit hopes

How many times I have heard it said
Live in hope and die in despair
Everything flip flops
in my digital mind
do I live in despair?
will I die in hope ?

world politics
painful compromises
the hand that rocks the craddle
rules the world
That's a pretty thought

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VPO2d3xJEPA&re ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VPO2d3xJEPA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » February 14th, 2008, 1:58 am

ya know what, baby?
this cradle rocks to its own hand
laws of physics seem to prevail even if we try to deny them

thanks for bon jovi!
can always rock to a good bon jovi

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 14th, 2008, 9:22 am

This was the video I wanted to post first but I changed my mind at the last minute. “Keep the faith baby” was the political slogan of Adam Clayton Powell the preacher/corrupt politician from Harlem in the 50’s. His answer to every scandal was “keep the faith, baby”

The laws of physics not what they used to be. This is not Newton’s universe anymore. There are no more Einstein’s. It is all about the hardware now. No more thought experiments with a pencil and note pad. It is about atom smashers and ever more elegant machines. Listening to a tape of Bertrand Russell called “What I believe” Apparently he believed there is no mystery. We will have an explanation for everything. Science is going to provide us with all the answers after Einstein.

Strange novel called “my first two thousand years by the wandering jew. A line I can’t forget is “Every few thousand years a little genie comes along and p*sses on the pillars of science.”

Quantum physics was Einstein’s baby, one he was not comfortable with. Suppose god does play dice with the universe?

“Entanglement” as in cat states was something that spooked Einstein I think. How atoms become entangled on opposite sides of the galaxy, change the spin on one and the other changes too. And they can spin in two directions at once.

I sit and watch the body count mount, all over the world. Innocents slaughtered, just karma maybe. But karma is something I have a hard time getting my head around. It works for me as an adult, but it smacks too much of original sin. I don’t know why innocents have to be born and live three days and burned alive in Darfur. I wish I could be a Hindu and believe there are no accidents.

Sorry
The last thing on my mind is hijacking your post. I am entangled up in blue.
With you.

“Oh baby baby take care.
It’s a wild world out there”

Entanglement by moonlight

And everybody makes mistakes. Einstein argued against the existence of black holes, which are now beyond dispute, and disliked the element of chance that underlies quantum theory, saying "God does not play dice with the universe." He also cooked up an unnecessary "cosmological constant" because his theories seemed to require a universe that was expanding or contracting -- a notion that seemed too weird. When observations by U.S. astronomer Edwin Hubble proved that the universe was expanding, he called the constant "the greatest blunder of his life."
http://whyfiles.org/052einstein/genius.html

It changes day today, hard to keep up with the latest scientific myths. Now they say that Einstein did not blunder and there is a "cosmological constant" I don't know jack sh*t about it, but i think the only constant is change.

“Painful compromises” a phrase that stuck with me from Amos Oz’s interview on that Finnish radio station.

sorry about the quotes
Happy heart day
May you stay
Forever young
Image Surce

Artguy

Post by Artguy » February 19th, 2008, 6:00 pm

It's kinda odd...In Harlem Powell, King and X all have streets named after them...running parallel...yet no 3 men could be any different...

And on terrorists: Terror is waking up in the morning everything else is cake...

Return to “judih's Inner Jams”