Judih ... Puppets!!!!

Graffiti and other wanderings.

Moderator: judih

whimsicaldeb

Judih ... Puppets!!!!

Post by whimsicaldeb » May 26th, 2006, 2:15 pm

The puppets are back! The puppets are back!
The Merry Wives of Windsor

We have tickets for June 23rd. Can't wait. I wish you could see it with us, cuz I know you'd love it. I'll have to take you along in my heart.

They don't allow photography so you'll have to make due with the publicity photos found at ...

http://www.calshakes.org/v4/06shows/mww ... sktop.html

The cast of The Merry Wives of Windsor
with puppeteer Geoff Uterhardt
The Merry Wives
of Windsor

by William Shakespeare
directed by Sean Daniels
May 31 – June 25

California Shakespeare Theater opens its 2006 season with a wildly imaginative puppet version of Shakespeare’s delirious comedy directed by Associate Artistic Director Sean Daniels. After the success of his puppet-infused Comedy of Errors in 2004, Daniels delves even further into the realm with The Merry Wives of Windsor, creating a fantastical production for children and adults alike, featuring more than 25 puppets ranging in size from two to 20 feet. -- http://www.calshakes.org/v4/06shows/mww ... index.html
~ohhhhhh
It's going to be great

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » May 26th, 2006, 2:23 pm

oh, how wonderful!
i've seen his work in books...never live...drooling with envy. yeah, bring along my eyes.

Fantastic looking figures - very rivetting.

one day, yeah, one day...i'll be shaking his hand and maybe puppeteering alongside or in parallel stages...

the fever's been blowing this way for a while now.

great timing (just speaking about puppeteering today)

thanks, deb

j

whimsicaldeb

Post by whimsicaldeb » May 26th, 2006, 2:29 pm

... one day, yeah, one day...i'll be shaking his hand and maybe puppeteering alongside or in parallel stages...

That would be nice.

Personally, I hope that that one day happens soon, say around sometime in June of this year (before the 23rd), in northern california at a remote place called CalShakes...

one day, yeah, one day perhaps
~grin~

whimsicaldeb

Post by whimsicaldeb » May 26th, 2006, 2:35 pm

ps...

Here's his blog:
http://blog.myspace.com/thegoogie

And we saw that 2004 performance of the Comedy of Errors, that was my first exposure and that's all it took, I was hooked. I'm so glad he's doing another one. I can not wait!

whimsicaldeb

Post by whimsicaldeb » May 26th, 2006, 2:49 pm

...drooling with envy. yeah, bring along my eyes.

I probably don't need to say this, but just in case ...

I don't mean to make you envious, I posted because I was excited and I knew how much you love puppets and I knew you’d appreciate these. I didn’t know about your admiration of his work.

I genuinely wish you could see it live, in person either with us, or best yet, now that I know your secret longing … working with him directly, live and in person.

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » May 26th, 2006, 3:00 pm

ha! deb! i'd be envious if you said you were looking at a green hill.
i envy but not covet. i relish your experience cause it's there for the relishing and you gravitate to such wonderful things.

i'd love to work with any great puppeteer. The folks i've worked with here are semi-pros. The level has gone way up in the past decade or so, but that's the time span i've been engrossed in teaching.

i checked out uterhardt's blog. He seems like a cool person who enjoys life and his work. The enthusiasm will for sure come through.

puppeteers unlike actors (in my experience) do not brandish ego in their private lives - they channel their attention into their puppet. The body is a conduit. The voice is an instrument, but it's not a reflection of 'them'. puppeteers are unique people.

Maybe you'll get a chance to talk to him or the others in the production.

i'm already digging the performance through your links.

and listening to Rodrigo while reading.

Return to “judih's Inner Jams”