Few Israelis Near Gaza Feel War Achieved Much

Truckin'. Still truckin'...

Moderator: stilltrucking

stilltrucking

Few Israelis Near Gaza Feel War Achieved Much

Post by stilltrucking » January 21st, 2009, 3:53 am

Elad Katzir, a potato farmer in Nir Oz, an Israeli kibbutz abutting Gaza, is nervous about sniper fire from the other side of the border. “I do not feel any victory,” he said. “I still do not feel safe.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/21/world ... ml?_r=1&hp

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » January 21st, 2009, 11:35 am

Of course we don't feel safe. We'll feel safe when there's a firm government leading a people who can call themselves Palestinians within a homeland that is theirs. We'll feel safe when they can set up shop and get on with the hard work of creating a new country.

We'll feel safe when there's someone there to recognize the existence of Israel and stop trying to obliterate us.

That safety will come a lot faster if we give back the West bank, the Golan Heights and Jerusalem, or at least half of Jerusalem.

And that's my opinion. Elad Katzir only stated his opinion. He's only one person. Unfortunately, there's been a lot of media coverage given to his opinion, but that doesn't mean that it's the only one.

Also, unfortunately, since our fields are right next to the Strip, he's been a target of sniper fire for 8 years and so it's no wonder that he's worried. There is no one opinion - there are all kinds of opinions - a complete gamut of opinions. The media publishes only that which will attain readership (as could be expected).

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » January 21st, 2009, 12:15 pm

judih : "There is no one opinion - there are all kinds of opinions - a complete gamut of opinions. The media publishes only that which will attain readership (as could be expected)."

So true, so true... for any country's media. All media is pretty much opinion while meanwhile truth becomes more and more obscured in our ever increasing opinionated world.

I didn't know your kibbutz was that close to the border. Sleep must be a precious commodity. I hope the cease fire will apply to Hamas also.

Take care and walk in light, my friend.

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » January 21st, 2009, 12:37 pm

i got my opinion
israel should block the south border completely
since egypt won't do it
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 23rd, 2009, 8:30 am

I see or I read that Germany is going to send a technical unit to Egypt to help them secure the eight mile border.

I got no military opinions
you know that jimbo
I hit you a low blow
with the reference to the PTSD and toy soldiers
you keep working it out jimbo, maybe some brass will read one of your letters to the editors and say this grunt got a point, a fine point.

Meanwhile I am still reading Life Against Death, N. O. Brown's book on Herr Docktors Freud and Swift.

Thirty five years I been reading in that book,

j I deleted this bit last night cause I don't want to talk about it,

But in the spirit of Friendship

I am putting it back
<center>
Obama sitting at his desk in the oval office with a big high window behind him. on the front page of my local paper a nice feeling. I don't have much in the way of opinions left Except maybe about the stupidity of politicians It may be the Holy Land, but it don't seem to make the politicians any smarter than the bunch we just voted out. In fact the only politicians more stupid than Israelis are the Palestinians. So many false starts, so many wrong turns, so much innocent blood lost, I can see why the Palestinians call it their catastrophe. I am happy that peace has broke out. I hope something can be worked out. I heard that Germany is sending a team of technical experts to Egypt to help secure the border. I don't know what is going on J, I read the papers I been reading the Israeli papers too. I keep hearing about the Hamas charter being the problem, but nobody mentions Fatah's charter. I thought they both called for the end of Israel?

Time will tell

IT THINK the TIME FOR ALL THE FEEL GOOD WE AIN'T RACIST PAT OUR SELVES ON THE BACK BLACK MAN PRESIDENt BULL SHIT has COME AND GONE.

I think the media should stop playing the race card about Obama.

"There is no short term history" G W B

I been thinking more FDR Cecil.

Been a long strange trip these past eight years.

I was paranoid this day would never come.

It felt so good to see Shrub* get on that helicopter
I am still waving bye bye.

Still thinking about your streaming video problem, I found a huge area of my brain is missing, the area I am looking for has to with video accelaration in windows but I cant remember it is win 98 or win xp

Chick Flicks
Sohphies Choices

Return to “Asylum for the Terminally Vain”