On the Jhana Express

Truckin'. Still truckin'...

Moderator: stilltrucking

stilltrucking

Re: On the Jhana Express

Post by stilltrucking » August 3rd, 2012, 7:44 pm

I been thinking about Ikkyu, the wild thing.
and the ten thousand worlds

Billy Joe Shaver shot a guy in Waco a few years back. Bad old son of a bitch. He got off said he was defending himself.

Thinking about
what is behind me.

one of my favorite songs by billy joe
autobiographical

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 10th, 2012, 5:54 pm

With Satan behind me it was a bad feeling, so I turned around to confront it, but which ever way I turned I could not face my shadow.

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » August 10th, 2012, 7:02 pm

I can't remember last night's nightmare, I remembered a dream but it was not a nightmare I don't think.

I usually remember my nightmares. And sometimes a happy dream too. The happy dreams are the worst dreams. I always wake up to this.
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 12th, 2012, 7:26 pm

I can only hope I am not made in his image
Seems to me God is made in our image, for a while after the war I had hope that God was growing up, no more temper tantrums, no more human sacrifices. . . but lately I been singing old Aztec Gospel songs and life is good again. :wink:

Kristenastewart

Post by Kristenastewart » October 24th, 2012, 3:14 am

Most people wake up because of the body's reaction to the fear of being harmed, the adrenaline rush is usually enough to wake you so you don't have to go through it.

Many people will say no you never actually die or get hurt in your dreams and that you will wake up before every time... but that isn't true.

I myself have been harmed and have died in my dreams. I believe the reason is that I have a far different reaction than others to dreams. I did some role playing and acting when I was younger as well as did some stage craft behind the scenes making props, and stage managing the actors. I was always interested in special effects and watched many shows on how they make things look like they do. I believe its because of those experiences that my dreams are so vivid and yet don't scare me. Most people's nightmares are good dreams for me. I can watch horror movies and not be scared, (wigged out by bugs is different than scared :D) because I know what it takes to make that blood, or a decapitating effect. So in my dreams I can be chased by monsters, turn into a monster, see all kinds of blood and gore, even be beaten up (feeling some pain but not as bad as it should be) or even be killed and not be affected negatively because I both know what it takes to make the effects, and have acted so its more like my dreams are movies I star in rather than nightmares. Also I have the ability to do what's called lucid dreaming. If something goes terribly wrong I can usually stop and say "Hey that's not how its supposed to go" and change the direction of the dream. I have actually explained to other people IN the dream how the scene is supposed to go and why.

My nightmares are all about real life people in real life situations who hate me, even if they don't actually hate me in real life (like my husband or other family), the nightmare will make them hate me. Or that I am trapped in a job that I was actually fired from in real life. Those upset me terribly because there is nothing to be done about it, no monster that needs defeating, no killer at my door, no way out of regular every day life. Even when I stop and say "Hey this isn't how its supposed to go." It doesn't work. The scenery may change, but I wont wake up... actually I can't wake up, and the dream usually shifts to me in bed (not my normal bedroom) and screaming for help.

I much prefer being murdered in my dreams to that any day.

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » October 25th, 2012, 12:19 am

I was thinking about this poem when I read your post kristenastewart

http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.p ... ix#p131169

like two pitchmen in search of a double helix
by constantine » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:40 am

i don't understand anything
i worry each night that i'll die in my sleep
and wake up in the morning wishing i was dead

i'm wasting my time, my life
down one street and up another
it's the journey they tell me
it's all in the journey,
but where am i going
what the hell am i doing
the numbers on the clock keep changing
it makes me nervous
like i'm forgetting something

and my stupid friends
oh god, they are so stupid
they say go for it -
go for what?
she's better off without
my helping hands
my gravedigger hands
that corrupt in the name of love
like two pitchmen in search of a double helix
what will they do when they find it

constantine

"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

Return to “Asylum for the Terminally Vain”