Fake Love/Can I trust myself

Truckin'. Still truckin'...

Moderator: stilltrucking

stilltrucking

Re: Fake Love/Can I trust myself

Post by stilltrucking » September 4th, 2012, 10:35 pm

I am watching it now, very be t full very
we got to let women be what they be
I feel this choking suffocating sensation when I think about life for a woman in 19th century Denmark. Poor old Regina she never read Anais Nin. she never read lolita in tehran.

This is a video to the zone episode that inspired me on this one. Somebody did a nice job to editing the 30 minute episode down to around three minutes. They cut it to the bone but did not miss a thing. The Youtube video is better than the show.
What is there left that I can believe in the desert, the wind, the sun, or myself? Can I believe in my self anymore?

Diana Moon Glampers

Post by Diana Moon Glampers » September 4th, 2012, 11:05 pm

What a waste :cry:

I would have pulled her mother board and hard drive and just installed it in another polyester bride back on earth. :P

September 1st 1939
From Luther until now
That has driven a culture mad,
Been thinking about that poem for days now.
Not to change the subject will not change just segue
into the I dream of genie episode

found an interesting web site while I was googlin that poem. I think I like it so far

It's called the Christian Century. Thinking critically. Living faithfully.
http://www.christiancentury.org/article ... ets-buddha
I am usually skeptical about claims for direct Asian influences on the Mediterranean world, but one of Sugirtharajah’s examples intrigues me. In the Epistle of James, the King James translation of verse 3.6 declares that “the tongue . . . defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature.” Different translations offer widely varying versions of the words here translated “course of nature,” but the Greek phrase is trochos tes geneseos, which can be rendered “wheel of birth.” That sounds distinctly Buddhist or Hindu, especially in the context of describing the evil effects of improper speech. As Sugirtharajah says, “If there is any influence of Eastern ideas, it is here that it is visibly prominent.”

The whole Epistle of James has attracted Asian thinkers. In his classic Water Buffalo Theology, Kosuke Koyama cited James as the most promising means of introducing Christianity to Southeast Asians, especially to Buddhists, who would feel immediately at home with its style of writing as much as its teachings. This is, he notes, just what popular Buddhist scriptures look and sound like. Asian wisdom literature sounds a lot like Judeo-Christian wisdom literature, including James but also Thomas. The Dalai Lama himself is no less enthusiastic about James, praising James’s declaration that human beings are a mist, a vapor that rises and vanishes away. What a wonderful image, he says, for the transience of human life!

Free Rice

"a sixty-eight-year-old virgin who, by almost anybody's standards, was too dumb to live. Her name was Diana Moon Glampers."

silent woman

Post by silent woman » December 12th, 2012, 11:48 pm

yes exactly so, a woman as nigger
it is all in the hardware
and women have such soft hardware
If you can't give me love and peace, Then give me bitter fame. — Akhmatova.

Free Rice

avatar courtesy of Baron de Hirsch

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » December 13th, 2012, 11:42 pm

You'd up and put it all in a new model, a more modern version.
Which is what I don't understand about. There is only the one, only the first Eve. What other else we see is just decoration. There is only me for the girl and you for the boy.
Only ever was.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

silent woman

Post by silent woman » December 14th, 2012, 1:26 pm

watched a little bit of a TV show about how women experience heart attacks, the warning signs difference from men.

My thoughts of women are pretty abstract these days. It must be the way I want it, I think it was a choice, but I am not too sure of too many things anymore so maybe it was fate.

That was a spooky show for me, creepy to think how much I objectify a woman's body. Like trying to walk a mile in her shoes, when I don't know her at all, all I know is my own desires which I have projected onto her. An immature view of women. And I am sure there are women who do the same to men. Immature women and men best thing for them is to get married and have children. Let the children raise them.

my morning blah blah
going to get warm today
Isabella been crying for 15 minutes now
not feeling well
I got to go check her out
If you can't give me love and peace, Then give me bitter fame. — Akhmatova.

Free Rice

avatar courtesy of Baron de Hirsch

Return to “Asylum for the Terminally Vain”