Truckin'. Still truckin'...

Moderator: stilltrucking

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 10th, 2008, 3:36 pm

It looked like a garden of weeds sitting in his mother's front yard. It had been parked there so long the plants had taken it over. The weeds were growing up through the fenders where they had rusted. He had killed a three year old girl with it.

I don't know the details of the accident, was he speeding, or driving wrecklessly, or had she just run out in the street and he could not stop in time?

I don't know the details of his death. His mother found him sitting in a chair the next day. As I remember it his heart had just stopped beating. Was it a suicide? It haunted me for years, gave me nightmares.

All this from my lost years, between the abortion and the road. One of the worst nightmares I had after I started driving was being a parking lot surrounded by small children. They were all around my truck, they were running under it. They were standing in front of it, they were so small I could not see them in the mirrors. I could not move, I felt trapped. I could imagine how he must have felt. How do you go on living after killing a child.

Must be a story in there somewhere. I just watched a twilight zone episode that brought this all to mind. The magic coin and the magic dust. The rope breaks and his life is spared.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 10th, 2008, 3:37 pm

I remember
His mother told me that the child had run out into the street from between two parked cars.
His mother became a Jew for Jesus after he died.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 10th, 2008, 9:36 pm

You said yesterday,I think, that sometimes you open the textbox and wait for a true sentence to emerge. Seems to me you have a whole slew of true sentences right here in this piece. One right after the other. you go,ST.
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 11th, 2008, 2:28 am

It is a deleted thread.
I not only deleted my own post I deleted jimboloco's post too

Jimboloco wrote in reply
did the child find the light within?
the internal mother
for all abandoned babes

i saw a fat boy stomping on a small boy, 6 or 7, flat on the sidewak,
looking up,
"he already daid"
fat boy poised in mid jump