haiku untitled:. Ha.

Post by stilltrucking » August 22nd, 2008, 3:39 pm

seventen sylables
more or less
sunshine and thunder

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 23rd, 2008, 8:01 am

This is a gem,St
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

constantine

Post by constantine » August 23rd, 2008, 5:33 pm

is it ok if i hide out here for a while.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 23rd, 2008, 10:43 pm

Can't speak for ST, Dino, if he says no ya can crash over to my place, be a big big plus if ya brought westcoast with ya. Ain't seen her around for awhile. She pulled her log, tent, stakes and all. I was waiting for that erotic novelette she was always talking about, but...of course, I forgive her, hell, she could lie me up blue & it wouldn't matter in the least, face like that and full of .... heart,...anyways, what ya hiding out from? I like to think ya killed a man, but thats just the romantic in me...will I have to cover the door, carbine in hand, shotgun loaded & at the ready, gunsmoke in the air?...ah yes, the literary life!...

judih
Site Admin

Post by judih » August 23rd, 2008, 11:03 pm

haiku brings romance
westcoast trips, loaded pistols
lookout rotation

constantine

Post by constantine » August 23rd, 2008, 11:21 pm

well that was a close call. i miss westy. she inspired me; i could write for her. she had that effect on me.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 24th, 2008, 7:29 am

Clay is having lots of fun
how is doreen doing?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/voqL5ksOuoo&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/voqL5ksOuoo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 24th, 2008, 9:21 am

judih! - *kiss*...I just love watching the threads that form,judih, off these things...it's not the poems or the writing so much that attracts me to sites like this, its the threads, they are the real life of the place.
Threads have a life of their own, ya never know what's going to fire them off, ya never know when or where. A thread uses all participants like oxygen, to breathe. Ya never know either when any particular thread is going to fade back into the mystery from which it came. Sometimes I think that people post a piece because, unknown to themselves, they are answering the call of a thread that needs their particular piece of work to get itself situated in the matrix of the flow and away everybody goes>>>>>>>>The people I meet & the threads that form are the kick for me. Thats why I like jam, it's making the conditions for a thread to form on purpose (could be pride, but, what the %#&^) plus ya get to play the hell out of words to boot. Too, it's not like nothing gets done on a thread, they are more productive than anything anyone writes on purpose. A thread always produces insights, laughter, (anger,too) notions, thoughts, all the vagaries of the human heart, satisfactions, from time to time,even joy. See?, even got me going here, Still Trucking calls my posts like this exegesis (I had to look that word up the first time he used it, don't tell him) (thanks) and maybe he hit that nail square, but its how I get a focus on some notion in my head that had been without form before. OK, I gotta get some control now, O judih!! *kiss*

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 24th, 2008, 9:32 am

Dino - she inspired me too, ah...anyways...you still can crash at my digs, with or without the girl. I got mourning doves, chipmunks, eggs, bacon, toast, coffee, how do ya like your eggs?

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 24th, 2008, 9:45 am

ST - Mornin' Mornin' Mornin', thanks for the vid, shaping up to a beautiful day back up here. I may even get to beginning to paint my old Cordoba, got a few cans of flat back ready to go. Poor girl is so old her original color is faded bad, plus they use salt on the roads up here in the winter so any bare spots on the metal get eaten up fast then the whole thing goes...trying to slow that process down, I may have to hold on to her until I get too old to drive the way things are going. Once I get it all blacked over who knows?...could graffiti it, do a little Jackson Pollock on it. Write a poem in titanium white across the hood or around a fender, reflective tape on her sides, I had a couple of great uncles that were famous locally for putting all kinds of reflective devices all over their vehicles, I could take the opportunity to honor their memory here. One thing I know I'm gonna do is the lip of the trunk is vertical & about 2 & a half inches wide, I'm working on a graffiti font for it. When I get that straight I'm going to use it to write "Bombs Away, Dream Babies" across its length...ha! possibilities possibilities!

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 24th, 2008, 11:20 am

I am happy clay is having a good time
I hope doreen is too

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0zGGzsiA1dA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0zGGzsiA1dA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Speaking of paint jobs:

I would rather drive on new years eve with the drunks than on Halloween night with the tricksters. My partner the one who shot the mean drunk in the alley was in Utah a couple years later, someone had hung a cinder block on a rope under an over pass as a Halloween prank. They placed it perfectly, windshield high.

And then there was the Halloween night I met up with that sixty-five olds convertible, a big 444 model, the fastest oldsmobile ever built, it was painted all in gray primer with a shark's mouth painted on the right fender with white spray paint.

Fucking with me speed up slow down, he comes pass me and gets in my lane and slows down to 35 mph. this on the interstate ten in Arizona in the nothingness between the Texas Line and the Texas canyon near Geronimo's Stronghold.

So I pass the oldsmobile and speed up to sixty-five again. He passes me and slows down to thirty-five again. But I don't play because I am happy to be alive, on a clear night in the desert when I can see every star in the galaxy. So I back off way off and he gets bored with me and he goes on and starts to fuck with the gasoline tanker in front of me.

They check those tanker drivers out carefully; give them all kinds of psychological profile tests to make sure they are not hiring some maniac. Well this guy must have passed that test with flying colors, cause when the olds passed him and slowed down he passed the olds and then hit his brakes hard to teach that sum bitch a lesson.

The olds driver slamed on his breaks to keep from rear ending the tanker and then he proceeded to past the tanker and when he got in front of it he slammed on his brakes hard came to a stop, that tanker driver come down on his brakes so hard to keep from hitting the olds that every brake on every wheel was billowing smoke, and the trailer was fish tailing.

I am a half-mile behind them watching the show, wondering how bright ten thousand gallons of gasoline was going to light up the night.

That is what I like about the west; there is always someone faster on the drawl who will come along. And there is always someone crazier too. I used to tell the young drivers that sometimes you just have to go looking for trouble because there isn’t enough to go around.

Nothing to do with nothing just thinking about spray paint cans, primers and heavy metal from detroit.

sounds like a sweet ride mingo enjoy
enjoy the Cordoba.

Sunday morning coming down nicely but no Sunday Stream from mtmynd yet.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 24th, 2008, 5:07 pm

Yes anytime constantine
It would be an honor
to have you hang out here.

Return to “Asylum for the Terminally Vain”