Flowers

Truckin'. Still truckin'...

Moderator: stilltrucking

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 13th, 2008, 10:48 am

I was going to start a new thread call it December’s Child Re JOB 15:22 and 16:22

Thinking about your very nice new tagline:
Thin ice in the shadows, Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

You ever see Guys and Dolls? Probably my favorite Brando movie.

I especially liked the character “Nicely-Nicely Johnson”

I forget which book by K wrote about the spider in the outhouse, maybe it was Fear and trembling concept of dread, something like that

but I always think of of K when I read this bit from my highway hero Mr Ferlinghetti

a sophism of madness
But we have our own more recent
who also fatally assumed
that some direct connection
does exist between
language and reality
word and world
which is a laugh
if you ask me
I too have drunk and seen
the spider
Ferlinghetti
El mingo wrote:
I agree that the many churches today are not the church as it is spoken of in the New Testament.

ten four faithfull native american companion

The "Churchianity" of today is
a sophism of madness

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » October 13th, 2008, 3:39 pm

what was said of churches in the new testament, if you please... i'm biblically dumb about such things... but i do have a need to know, you know?

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » October 14th, 2008, 2:55 am

Theology is not my strong suit. Mostly what I know about any Christian church I learned here

Churchianity, the first time I heard that word was in 1974. The guy driving the tiger truck used it. He was telling me about the B'hai religion. Nice guy, they have a beautiful Temple in Illinois. I visited it a long time ago, there is nothing inside, no pews, no icons, just an empty dome with openings in the dome where you can see the sky. and intricately carved walls

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2221/241 ... 1f.jpg?v=0

I know nothing about Kierkegaard either. I tried reading him back in the seventies but he was too hard for me. But for some reason the bit about the spider in the outhouse stayed with me. Maybe because of my experience with LSD and sex.

I fucked a black widow once. Such a painless bite.

Thinking about the blood seeping through my jockey shorts.
And the thought crossed my mind that only women bleed.

"red blood on white panties"

I miss Illuminara, nobody else could write about dirty laundry with such sensitivity. Not even Erica Jong.
free rice

I used to be smart

the mingo

Post by the mingo » October 14th, 2008, 10:02 am

mtmynd - the subject you have asked about is the most revolutionary idea ever presented to the mind & heart of man & the one he is most blind to. Its foundation is in God's purpose for salvation and its King is His Son, Jesus Christ. The word translated into English as "church" comes from the Greek word, eclesia, New Testament meaning - the "called out ones" You cannot join this church of your own will as you might join any other. You must be called out to it and that by God, or you cannot come. It is God who initiates, God who brings it about, God who establishes. It is not of man's doing at any part for man cannot and will not. Those of this "church" wait for what has been promised by God and vouchsafed by His Son, first on the cross and then much more by his resurrection, that in the days to come what is mortal will be swallowed up by Life. This is the "Church" that Jack and I were speaking of.
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » October 14th, 2008, 10:14 am

Jack - Glad you like the tagline. I wrote it a couple of years ago on a tree in the woods and then forgot about it. Yesterday I was walking there again and remembered writing something on one of trees there but unable to remember what it was so I went looking to see if it had survived. It had, it was faint but I could read it. When I got back to the lodge here I typed it in and there you have it. I don't remember if I've seen "Guys & Dolls" or not, probably not though because I would have remembered any character whose name was "Nicely-Nicely Johnson".

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » October 14th, 2008, 11:12 am

Thx, el mingo, for the reply regarding 'church'... which i trust is not exactly what the original text had intended. Since Jesus was Jewish, I do believe he would have used the word reserved for places of worship by the the Jewish people, unless Jesus was using a new vocabulary which his followers would not understand.

But I do get the drift of what you're describing here, altho I certainly would elaborate on the intent through totally different eyes. ;)

Thx again!

silent woman

Post by silent woman » October 23rd, 2008, 9:37 am

Nicely, Nicely
Sit down your rocking the boat

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o7kzsZreG0o&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o7kzsZreG0o&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
If you can't give me love and peace, Then give me bitter fame. — Akhmatova.

Free Rice

avatar courtesy of Baron de Hirsch

the mingo

Post by the mingo » October 23rd, 2008, 10:11 am

Thanks,Jack, didn't know it was a musical. That's probably why I never saw it. Only musical I ever intentionally watched was Sweeney Todd.
My Babydoll just loves Johnnie Depp. Plus I can always look at Helena Bonham Carter with a jaundiced lustful eye. Or two.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 23rd, 2008, 11:13 am

You wrote my life John Kennedy Toole
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign that the dunces are all in confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift
Thoughts On Various Subjects Moral And Diverting

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 23rd, 2008, 12:30 pm

Unless you have read Toole's novel that will be meaning less quote, even if you have read the novel it maynot connect any dots.

I was thinking about his paragraph on broadway musical theatre.

Some novels I read over and over again, that is one of those.

fortuna that bitch goddess

RE: constantinople poem Butter.

no need to curse me with a life with out woman
"it was love that gnawed me then, it is love that gnaws me now"
probably a mangled quote from geezer memory of line from a Plath poem about a dialogue between a ghost and a priest in a church yard cemetary.

that was done a long time ago.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 12th, 2009, 2:43 pm

The nicest thing about being a christian is the sure knowledge that evil doers are going to hell.

Makes it so much easier to have compassion on them .
Nothing costs so much as what is bought by prayers.---
Seneca

Return to “Asylum for the Terminally Vain”