"all google bots"

Truckin'. Still truckin'...

Moderator: stilltrucking

gypsyjoker

Re: "all google bots"

Post by gypsyjoker » December 5th, 2012, 12:51 am

I like Kesey a lot. I did not know that was where Firesign Theater got that title for their album. One of my favorites.

Happy Holidays mi amigo

Lately I been feeling like Charlie Brown.
Attachments
lucyandcharlie.PNG
lucyandcharlie.PNG (62.22 KiB) Viewed 733 times
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » December 5th, 2012, 1:42 am

congo.PNG
How many times today did I read or see something about Africa today. :?:

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » December 5th, 2012, 2:56 am

Kerouac's Jew
in On The Road
I am almost past that
Attachments
rahel.PNG
Free Rice

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » December 5th, 2012, 2:58 am

She hated her Jewish background and was convinced it had poisoned her life. For much of her adult life she was what would later be called self-hating. Her overriding desire was to free herself from the shackles of her birth; since, as she thought, she had been "pushed out of the world" by her origins, she was determined to escape them. She never really succeeded. In 1810, she changed her family name to Robert... And in 1814, after her mother died, she converted. But her origins continued to haunt her even on her deathbed. ...

She considered her origins "a curse, a slow bleeding to death." ... The idea that as a Jew she was always required to be exceptional - and go on proving it all the time - was repugnant to her. "How wretched it is always to have legitimize myself! That is why it is so disgusting to be a Jew."[6]

Rahel's husband published an account of her deathbed scene, which Amos Elon described as "stylized and possibly overdramatised", including her alleged last words:

What a history! A fugitive from Egypt and Palestine, here I am and find help, love, fostering in you people. With real rapture I think of those origins of mine and this whole nexus of destiny, through which the oldest memories of the human race stand side by side with the latest developments ... The thing which all my life seemed to me the greatest shame, which was the misery and misfortune of my life—having been born a Jewess—this I should on no account now wish to have missed.[7]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahel_Varnhagen
Free Rice

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » December 5th, 2012, 3:20 am

Return to “Asylum for the Terminally Vain”