hi jack

Truckin'. Still truckin'...

Moderator: stilltrucking

mtmynd

hi jack

Post by mtmynd » June 24th, 2008, 12:27 pm

what's this all about? had another mood swing?

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » June 24th, 2008, 1:45 pm

<center>onward!

don't look back...

rear views are only for checkin' the ass...

:wink:
*</center>

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » June 24th, 2008, 3:11 pm

"been a good day so far
Keeps up like this it will be a five farter
"

made me laugh. and i was just thinkin' this whole deletion deal was like an enema for you... cleansing your constipated conscience.

you do feel better...

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » June 24th, 2008, 5:01 pm

From now on, I'm going to tell people that all my most brilliant and inspired poetry was posted as replies to your artlog and has since disappeared, unfortunately.

It will be the perfect excuse.

;)

But seriously, liberating or not, I hate to see all your years of writing disappear like that. Hope you at least kept it for yourself. Our loss.

I remember a Washington Post article 10 years ago or so... it was titled "So-in-so is deleting himself" ... it was about a guy who was posting stuff on a website and apparently he was worried about his employer finding his posts or something. Or his wife. I don't remember exactly but it was a long article.. because this was a new thing sorta.. the internet... and they were exploring life on the net and how it effects some people because it was relatively a new thing back then.

Anyway, I took my own name because I thought that was the smartest way to claim my own poems and to get my name out there.

In retrospect, I wish I'd taken a pseudonym.

Sorry all your posts are gone, Jack. Then again, if that's what you wanted, that's cool. They're yours, after all.

Just please don't be going through all the other threads other places on the site and deleting your posts because it will make it so the threads don't make any sense.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » June 24th, 2008, 5:25 pm

Jack... I chose the sub-title based on the fact that you have so many screen names. I thought it was a clever title! And that it would explain to readers why so many "people" are posting here.... so many different names.

I certainly didn't mean to hurt your feelings! Jeez. What don't you like about it? Hey, it was just supposed to be clever, as I said.

If you want to change it, let's change it. We can call it anything you want!

I thought you picked "Truckin', Still Truckin'" and I just added the subtitle.

Hey, just let me know what you want the title and subtitle to be and I'll change it for you. No big deal.

Sincere apologies that you don't like what I thought was a clever sub title. I must be a lousy writer. Sigh.

Edit... I removed the sub-title... Man it's been several years now. Why didn't you tell me before?

Let me know what title and subtitle you want. Thanks.

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » July 2nd, 2008, 9:34 pm

cleaning house again?

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 3rd, 2008, 7:27 am

Doreen
Whimsical Deb is right about my writing
I can't seem to say it right
I can't express myself in words
Sorry

Yes Cecil
must be all those peaches I been eating.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » July 3rd, 2008, 10:23 am

I don't know what you're talking about.

lol

wasn't that funny? ;)

Seriously though, if you want to keep deleting your posts on your own artlog, that's entirely up to you. But it is a loss for the community.

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » July 3rd, 2008, 12:56 pm

I used to get upset when you misunderstood something I wrote. Took me a while to realize it was because of my not being able to express my thoughts clearly.

This is all ramble from here on down, I love this little artlog of mine. Thanks for providing me with it.
Given the cultural barriers to intersex conversation, the amazing thing is that we would even expect women and men to have anything to say to each other for more than ten minutes at a stretch. The barriers are ancient -- perhaps rooted, as some paleontologist may soon discover, in the contrast between the occasional guttural utterances exchanged in male hunting bands and the extended discussions characteristic of female food-gathering groups.
— Barbara Ehrenreich (1941 ), American columnist, author; Guggenheim, 1987; from The Worst Years of Our Lives, 1991
Women are so strange to me
I am such a solipsizer of women. I create these barbie doll images in my head and confuse them with the flesh and blood creatures of my desire.

Let Me Go
Help me make it
through the night
let me go

One man one woman
Joined at the loins
The zeal of the organs
The flesh cleaves to flesh

Solipsizer to solipsizer
He has a party doll
Barbie has her Ken
Life goes on

In the morning
Two perfect strangers
Side by side
Too naked to lie

Sometimes that morning light
Comes years too late
Children and mortgages
What to do now

Its another somebody done somebody wrong song
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » July 3rd, 2008, 1:36 pm

Hey Jack, I never meant to upset you. Believe me, there is MUCH I don't understand of what I read on the internet. I probably don't understand more than I do understand. You're not the only one I've told I didn't get it. I tell people that quite often. They probably think I'm stupid. And yanno what? Maybe that's the whole problem.

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » July 3rd, 2008, 2:07 pm

See
that is what I mean
I am not upset
I am happy as a clam

Speaking of the internet I been into quotes today

I liked this one
Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.
...Anonymous
I found a Zen site I like a lot I will find the link later, but it was called The Zen of not getting it.

Sounds like The Way for me.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RvEFRpthMJc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RvEFRpthMJc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Free Rice

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » July 3rd, 2008, 2:27 pm

gypsyjoker wrote:I used to get upset when you misunderstood something I wrote. Took me a while to realize it was because of my not being able to express my thoughts clearly.
What I was saying was I never meant to upset you. I didn't say you were upset now. I said that by not understanding your posts, I didn't mean to upset you. Then I explained that I don't understand a lot of what I read. In other words, it has nothing to do with your writing. It has to do with my ability to understand what I'm reading on the screen.

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » July 3rd, 2008, 3:23 pm

Oh
never mind then.
I didn't read what you wrote carefully enough.

Reading on the screen can be a drag
I wish I wasn't such a ink miser.
I like reading from a printed page the best.

Maybe it is the ergonomics of it?

Here is the link to the Zen website I mentioned above
Believing in Yourself
Zen Master Soeng Hyang
http://www.kwanumzen.org/primarypoint/v ... rself.html
Free Rice

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » July 5th, 2008, 11:45 am

Aaaaarrrrggggghhhhhh...fucking disgraceful! Well I guess you've got the greater cajones(sp?) than I, erasing yourself. I sometimes think to delete all my words too, but usually come to my senses. That's not to say I won't some day, but you know, is it really fair and kindly to those who've taken the time to respond to be unceremoniously cindered too? Well, yeah, of course it's fine, but I just thought I'd add my...

JEEPERS! :?

Well, you begin anew, and that is good. One needs to refresh I suppose.
I used to walk with my head in the clouds but I kept getting struck by lightning!
Now my head twitches and I drool alot. Anonymouse

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/mousey1/shhhhhh.gif[/img]

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 5th, 2008, 1:22 pm

Did you know Jack Kerouac had a daughter, her name was Iphigenia

Mousey1
but you know, is it really fair and kindly to those who've taken the time to respond to be unceremoniously cindered too?

Sorry mousey1

THis was one of my favorite posts by you that I deleted.
Asuka?
I sulka?
I sucka?
face in the rain
overambitious
spitting dust again
the mist also rises
-- MOUSEYHITO (no relation to Hiro)
You posted that in reply to this post of mine.
"The mists rise over
The still pools at Asuka
Memory does not
Pass away so easily." --AKAHITO
And my reply to you
One of the upsides about the forlorn rags of old age
is it don't take much to make you happy. Just finding a treasured book for for 25 cents at a thrift store is enough to keep me happy for months
100 poems from the japanese kenneth rexworth
beautiful to read
but more than words on paper
a sensual experience to hold
bound in genuine Fuji silk

To love a thing,
a book a poem
a person
a woman a child
"I'm not talking about your pigtails
Im talking bout your sex appeal" ---Baby Driver
For Jan Kerouac in memory
to be continued

Took me days to delete it all
and I am very grateful to westie for the inspiration.

I have saved it all, and I am going to put most of it back

because I need something to do
to keep me out of trouble
I am in a mood to show my ass
to throw some bricks

But I respect this place too much to go there. So I will just cool it till my anger passes. Not going to let them rascals lose my cool.
“Our religion keeps reminding us that we aren't just will and thoughts. We're also sand and wind and thunder. Rain. The seasons. All those things. You learn to respect everything because you are everything. If you respect yourself, you respect all things.”
William Least Heat Moon quote

So I will confine myself to the little asylum here and sit on my hands till it passes. I am not as ambitious as I used to be
But still as vain

Thanks for dropping by
thanks for writing.
sincerely
jt
&
a belated thank you to Mtmynd for kick starting this thread

this one is for you old friend
May those that are born after me
Never travell such roads of love
---
Hitomaro, one hundred poems from the Japanese