real life with still life: Poo-tee-weet

Truckin'. Still truckin'...

Moderator: stilltrucking

tarbaby
Location: Oz, or someplace like Kansas, but mostly stilltrucking's vanity

Post by tarbaby » July 16th, 2008, 2:05 am

<center>Smoking</center>

When the bear was sixteen years old he was gut shot by his girlfriend's father. The guy was beating on his daughter and the bear stepped between them. The guy pulled out gun and shot him in the gut. Claimed self defense.

And the guy walked, had the best criminal lawyer in Texas, and the lawyer said to the bear after the trial, "No hard feelings son, that's just the way it is."

What else did you ask me? Sorry my attention span is pretty well shot.
“Where is that man who has forgotten words that I may have a word with him?”

tarbaby
Location: Oz, or someplace like Kansas, but mostly stilltrucking's vanity

Post by tarbaby » July 16th, 2008, 2:08 am

Oh yes the pie is delicious, thanks for asking

More about the Bear later.
“Where is that man who has forgotten words that I may have a word with him?”

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 16th, 2008, 10:17 am

<center>LOST in thought</center>

I have turned a corner, going down an unfamiliar street
Every thought stranger than the last
Maybe I ought to stop and ask directions
I can't seem to pass GO

I have won a beauty contest
I could use the ten bucks.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » July 16th, 2008, 10:38 am

I could use ten bucks too but I'll never get it with my beauty...you're one lucky trencher, jack...ya know, I watched so many movies in my life that I can do whole conversations without stepping outside anything I first heard in a screenplay dialogue...maybe I should be worried...naw...been thinking of painting my old Cordoba (El Gringo Girl) flat black & then doing the Pollock thing and fling white paint at her...and blue paint...and yellow paint...etc....one of these days I'm gonna pop off & do it...it will be like stumbling upon america all over again- thanks for telling on the bear...I know there is more....

o the sky is
the inside surface
of a gigantic egg
and none of us
has even been born yet
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 31st, 2008, 5:51 am

4:56 AM CST
<center>
Dreaming</center>

Woke from a dream about wireman and lightning rod

I don't remember the year
They both walked through a wall into another world, another consciousness, and we all marvelled at the coincidence of it happening
on the same day, December 10th.
My sister was in it too

Wireman morphed into my big brother my homeboy
Then it started to snow and he went out to his big black 1953 Pontiac limousine to take a nap. I was much relieved, because I was afraid he was leaving.

mr mingo I have watched my life from afar with a distant mind
a remote consciousness
as if it was movie
I can quote you what I had for lunch sixty years ago
it is one of the blessings of longevity I suppose.

so long mingo

the mingo

Post by the mingo » July 31st, 2008, 8:48 am

ya I know the feeling - I've 57 notches on the stick & everyone a gunslinger. Some days I'm afraid to do anything, even breathe, not that I have a choice. Some days I've all I can do to remember where I work and getting there & walking thru the door. When things get like that I walk away from words and paint - I can't draw, mind you, but I can paint - I can paint x's & o's & the coastlines of places that don't even exist & songs that no one has sung yet...Good Mornin', St.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » July 31st, 2008, 3:48 pm

I am wondering about this feeling of morbidity,
A balancing act of life and death
A seduction of volition
Seems as if every breath
Is more precious than the last

And yet I seek a reason to live
Must be boredom

Good afternoon mingo.

I found a very nice
Excellent pen yesterday
Such a pretty shade of blue ink
It will look good on a yellow legal pad
I been seduced by this technology
So simple open a text box
Make the text appear
I think I am going to try hand writing for a change
I remember when the first ballpoints came out after the war.

I love that expression
After the war
Oh yes
Which war?

I guess it was around 1946 or 1947 the first time I ever saw a ballpoint pen. My uncle bought one, (comma Use (consider revising) they were very expensive.

I find myself deliberately ignoring the best writing advice I can find.
I love loading my text boxes with all the superfluous words I can, any place I can squeeze in three words instead of one, I do it.

I am hateful
I despise writing
It tortures me
But it kills the time
so efficiently.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » July 31st, 2008, 10:06 pm

...I have a morbid streak 2.3 miles wide...I don't know where it comes from or why I have it...its the clouds in my coffee some days...
sometimes I give in & indulge it no end until it gives up...then I'm lonely or free - I have yet to figure the difference on that one...I used to like fountain pens, the kind that had cartridges but I haven't had one, let alone seen one since...since...well, since a long time...and Papermates when they were still made in this country - before they Bic-ified themselves...they used to be weighty & smooth like a Cadillac...somedays I like writing, other days I can't go near it... I know what you're saying about the textbox - I can fill that sucker too...not that I make any sense...I used to get excited "bout writing poems but not anymore...I just do small things, like
"My owl walks around on cool hooty feet"
or, "Atlantis is a Martian tale, after all, set to a Negro rhythm" - things like that - I don't know when I lost the ability to sustain a thought past its original blooming but thats how it goes...if a thing won't go by itself then its not for me - too much work...lazy is much more in my line these days...I can see myself at 70 sitting in jail for writing on somebody's wall "My owl walks around on cool hooty feet"...

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 2nd, 2008, 9:49 am

"My owl walks around on cool hooty feet"...
I feel intimidated by you Mr. Mingo
Maybe that is not a good word choice
maybe awed would be better word choice.

Another writer who awes me is Sylvia Plath, not so much her poetry which I hardly get, but her novel. I must have read that got dam thing 15 times, no shit. I I can quote you whole pages dam near.

Sometime I would like to donate my body to the men's studies department at Smith College. Maybe they could study my brain and find out why I have been so stupid about women all my life.
Before I die I would like to make a pilgrimage there and see Sylvia Plath's thesaurus. They say it is a sight to behold with its underlings and notations in the margins of the pages.

Do you ever use a thesaurus?
I been trying to write phonetically the birdcalls that I hear in the mornings.

I must have three or four thesaurus lying around and I never use them.
When I was a kid I used to read the dictionary I have always been fascinated with words. They seem so magical to me.

This whole business of writing in light on a computer seems miraculous.
As if there are tiny sensors in the keys on this keyboard that suck the thoughts out of my brain down through my arms and out my fingertips.

It is so seductive and I feel in such a hurry to try and write before I enter a world of silence.

I been trying out the pen but it writes so quickly I can hardly keep up with it. Unlike this slowly moving cursor that moves across this text box and leaves a trail of text behind it.

Sorry to take so long getting back to you I been looking for some notes I made on Bertrand Russell's " "What I Believe"
I would be interested to hear your thoughts on it. e_dog says Russell often parodies himself.

In the essay, which was written in the 1920’s, he is saying that physical science has reached its limits. As if everything is known, there is no mystery left. It is boring. I wonder if that is a parody?
In the 50's he was singing a different tune I think

Image Source
{Dam dam that image link is wrong, I don't have time to fix it now, it is supposed to be a link to one of Russell's later works.}

<center>twitter
(is that a bird call, I need to check my thesaurus) </center>

Listening to an NPR show about the Neuroscience of Virginia Woolf's novels.
Fascinating.

RE: Smith College
Why are women... so much more interesting to men than men are to women ---Virginia Woolf'
ramble ramble

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 3rd, 2008, 4:33 pm

sure, st, I use a thesaurus alot, sometimes to find a shade of a word for us but other times just for fun, because, like you said, words are magical things, and, transcendent of that, they rise into the spiritual.
I've one of those handheld digital dictionaries, standard field use,
comes armed with 200,000 definitions and Baby's Got Back with 500,000 synonyms. Pushkey ops., totally portable, and backed by a limited guarantee ! I get lost in a thesaurus. I go in for one word, right? I find it, bring up the synonyms (so far, so good) but, (and from here it's all downhill) I begin to wonder about one of the synonyms so I punch up the synonyms for it and get a dozen more returns on another load that every word is carrying - it's as bad as the cow on the evaporated milk can and comes uncomfortably close to addiction. I read some things by Plath but it was sometime long ago. I remember my impression she was a siren, a waif at the edge of the moors with her hands out forever in beckoning. She was a scarecrow & I never went back, as they say, my ways went elsewhere. I had to look up the word "Parody" because I can never remember exactly what that word is talking about...I don't know the instance but for sure Russell certainly was capable of parody. Catch you latter, st, I'm outta here

diesel dyke

Post by diesel dyke » August 3rd, 2008, 6:28 pm

I appreaciate you taking the time to reply,

all I got time for is this compulsive scribbling
amazes me that you even bother to read it.
"We are made to be immortal, and yet we die. It's horrible, it can't be taken seriously. —ianeskimo"

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 4th, 2008, 8:54 am

I enjoy the trails you leave across your textboxes, st, they are always entertaining, and, thoughtful,...they engage both mind & heart and , even if you're writing about something sad, there is a certain resilient
quality to the spirit behind it all that just leaves me satisfied,ya know?
You write clean, straight up, and you're always true. Believe it. Now what more could any reader ask?

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 5th, 2008, 8:15 am

Well nothing sadder than decay I suppose
I been wondering whether the dead do know anything
I have heard that the last thing to go is our sense of smell
wouldn't that be ironic

you honor me Herr Ming.

Diana Moon Glampers

Post by Diana Moon Glampers » August 6th, 2008, 9:01 am

I wrote somewhere above on this thread
Some distant quantum consciousness
A final act of free will,
a choice
of
A Free Man's Worship
A point of Scholarship Herr Mingo
I bet you a dollar to a donut I ripped that bit in red from you
I usually try to at least put quote marks around what I have ripped, I used to try and put footnotes, or parethetical expressions after them to give the source.
I can even remember the thread I read it on, the one about fate,

I am thinking is everything i write already prerecorded in memory, pull the string in my back, trip my trigger, give me a word any word and it start the tape machine.

Well I been a real chatterbox today, barely daylight here and I have made damn near ten thousand posts today.

God I love DMG, she is the woman I would want to be if there is such a thing as reincarnation and next life cycle I got to come back as woman.

Free Rice

"a sixty-eight-year-old virgin who, by almost anybody's standards, was too dumb to live. Her name was Diana Moon Glampers."

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 6th, 2008, 1:49 pm

and I've enjoyed them all but got to shag on to work now - catch ya later, say Hi to DMG for me.

Return to “Asylum for the Terminally Vain”