Moderator: stilltrucking

gypsyjoker

"wagon TRACKS and peanut sacks"

Post by gypsyjoker » August 3rd, 2008, 11:03 pm

<center>Buffalo Bill Carson</center>

He worked in Hollywood as

a wagon master in the westerns

he could handle a twenty-mule team.

He finally got a speaking part, Randolph Scott or maybe it was Hoot Gibson asked him if he thought the Apache's were going to attack
His whole speaking part consisted of one word
"Probably"
He spent days rehearsing it, when the scene was finally shot they had to take after take as he flubbed the word.

Huge man lived with his wife and daughter in a sixteen-foot travel trailer in Nashville when I met him.

He did a Carney sharp shooter act.
a machete mounted in a box with edge of the blade facing out, he would put a small target about the size of a penny on each side of the machete
then shot and hit the machete blade splitting the bullet so that both targets were hit.

Jitterbug hired on as his public relations director for planet earth and regions beyond.

He would say things like "you can't rush the rhythm’s of slow moving cosmic time"

Talked about the old days as a carney when the wagons would gather in some small town in Arkansas and put on a show, and then they would scatter the next day leaving only wagon tracks and peanut sacks behind to mark their passing.

He called my gypsy boy
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » August 3rd, 2008, 11:34 pm

a really nice snippet.

is that where your handle, gypsyjoker, came from?

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 4th, 2008, 5:19 am

I guess it did in a way but just coincidently. I stole from a trucker driver who tricked me once. It came back to me one night when I decided to use it one night to tease Geoff Parsons about walking around with "tented pants". I told him the story about an old blind trucker who poked both his eyes out choking his chicken. I hope old Geoff is doing ok. I realize now how much I envied him his youth.

Maybe my favorite CB handle was "tarbaby" I like that old Uncle Remus story a lot.

I never could figure out how Bill did that trick with the rifle and machete.
Is it really possible to split a bullet on the blade, it was an antique looking old rifle. He would stand pretty far away. It must have been a "flat shooting" rifle.

This was about the time I had my first cup of jimson weed tea. I don't think I will ever do that again.

I am happy you liked the snipp.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » August 4th, 2008, 9:57 am

I once was witness to a woman who did that trick, I tried & tried but she would not tell me how it was done. I knew she was near-sighted, she couldn't get a driver's license because the great state of Yew Nork considered her legally blind even with corrective lenses, which she couldn't afford anyway. Anything much beyond ten feet to her was just a blur and she always stood back from that blade about thirty feet. I was coaxing her one day and plying her with a carton of Chesterfield's when she said "for a boy with two good eyes you certainly have a problem with the obvious, don't ya know ya don't need to see?" I answered, "I know its a trick, Sally, but how is it done?" "I didn't say it was a trick, boy, she replied, I said ya don't need to see, ya got a problem with your hearing too?"... it was one of those moments that, once they happen, stick with you all the rest of your time here. Good shot,st.
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 4th, 2008, 10:16 am

I thought about wagon tracks and peanut sacks last night while I was talking to a cyber pal. Both of us are orphans from a website called litkicks, not much left of litkicks for us now except wagon tracks and peanut sacks.

thanks for reading mingo

Return to “Asylum for the Terminally Vain”