Truckin'. Still truckin'...

Moderator: stilltrucking

one of those jerks

Tuesday morning January 8

Post by one of those jerks » January 8th, 2009, 2:08 am

She is twice the man I am.

the mingo

Post by the mingo » January 8th, 2009, 10:33 am

Rockets on the patio - There's a Good Mornin' for ya - I see the sons of Ham are still intent & busy about broadcasting the nakedness of their father in his tent -
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

one of those jerks

Post by one of those jerks » January 8th, 2009, 10:57 am

Waiting For Jesus
The Good Tiding Awaited by Christians and Muslims
by HARUN YAHYA

We are Muslims who love Jesus, believe in all his miracles and noble morality, know that he will come back to the world again to save humanity and we are eagerly waiting for this great and blessed event to happen.

Islam gives us this expectation. The Qur'an is definite in its assertion that Jesus is alive and that he will come back again to this world. Our Prophet Mohammed, may God bless him and grant him peace, announced in great detail that Jesus would come back to the earth miraculously in the last days and bring peace, justice and happiness by uniting Christians and Muslims in a common religion and morality. This is God's great and wonderful promise and there is no doubt that it will be fulfilled.

Moreover, the Prophet Mohammed and those great figures of Islam who interpreted his words have given an account of the signs that will precede the coming of Jesus and have indicated a specific period of time for that coming. Nearly all of the signs have come to pass.

http://muslim-canada.org/jesus.html

the mingo

Post by the mingo » January 8th, 2009, 1:00 pm

I hit your link & read with interest the article I found there. Why did you want me to read it? I do not know the man who wrote it but I could not help but notice there is a hole in his understanding big enough to drive a whole fleet of 18 wheelers through. That gap exists because no matter how flowery his pictures of sweetness & light are his error is because he does not know the Scriptures or the power of God. Yes, there are signs that have come to pass, but not all. One of the most frightening signs of the horror that is sure to come is the current idea that all religions believe the same thing more or less and the frenetic push to unite them all under a common banner "for the good of mankind & the planet" as I have heard it expressed. Even though men are involved in this it does not have it's origin in the will of man and it is not of his doing. Mr. Yahya does not mention the greatest of these signs. Where does he say anything of the Man of Lawlessness? (2 Thessalonians 2: 3-4) You can read that chapter to the end if you wish, it won't take you but a few moments & will give you a good notion of where I'm coming from here. Where does Mr. Yahya mention or even speak of the Anti-Christ? This person is mentioned all through the New Testament. I won't bore you with chapter & verse on this one, you grab any halfway decent concordance of the Bible and it will give you more refs than you want to know concerning the Anti-Christ. Where does Mr. Yahya make mention of the Beast? Anywhere? All these things are conspicuous by their absence in his article. Yet they are of first importance and must come to pass first, and only then will the end come. Following that then will the Kingdom of the Children of God be established forever. But of this Mr. Yahya says nothing, not a single mention. Not one word. Why not? Maybe he forgot. Gives ya a nice warm feeling, don't it?

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » January 8th, 2009, 3:51 pm

Interpretations are much like opinions, everyone has one... and biblical interpretations are no exception. Why are there so many 'branches' within the Judeo/Christian religions..? Interpretations of one thing, one book or another. It's human. Nothing wrong, per se, with that as long as the truth is not omitted. The same divisions are within Islam and Buddhism and more than likely every religious belief system there is. Again, it's human. And to take anything human and make it divine is in deference to the third commandment as written in the Old Testament. Anyone who speaks 'for God' is fooling not only themselves, but their listeners. This is where interpretations and religious opinions show their ultimate weakness.

And, yes, what I have written above is merely another human opinion but I have avoided speaking for (a) God. :)

Accept my apology for interrupting your topic, truck.

one of those jerks

Post by one of those jerks » January 8th, 2009, 6:49 pm

This was a very interesting thread mtmynd started but everyone lost interest in it but me.

Good Grief Gaza

I got to go mingo
be back later
I really got to go now.

But I have more on this I want to write.

one of those jerks

Post by one of those jerks » January 9th, 2009, 12:14 am

I can't accept your apology Cecil because none is required.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Cecil wrote:
Anyone who speaks 'for God' is fooling not only themselves, but their listeners.
I think anyone who thinks they can defend God are fooling themselves. I never will understand that.

mingo wrote.
Why did you want me to read it? I do not know the man who wrote it
I did not read the whole article. I was just surprised to learn that the Muslims have their own end time scenario. That is all.
Sorry I should have made a note of that. I used to belong to a Quaker meeting, maybe I still do. Some church goers do not consider the Quakers Christian. But I found a lot Christian tolerance among them. The Friends say that the Bible was divinely inspired.

I just don't have much interest in the New Testament. I have read very little of it.

I spent a couple of years working my way through this book

The Faith of A Heretic

It is heavy going but well worth reading. He pretty much ruined theology for me. I recomend the book very highly. Well worth your time. Like I say it took me two years to work through it. One of those books where I skipped around a lot. I did not read it from cover to cover. But after two years I started noticing that almost every page had underlinings and annotations in the margins.

Sorry I wasted your time with that link. I should have put a notation
Something like this
Say mingo check this paragraph out. I did not know Muslims are waiting for the Messiah to return. But I was in a hurry, dam it.

The only gospel I have read is Luke. But I would like to get my hands on the Jefferson Bible.

Jefferson, Thomas, 1743-1826 . The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth: Extracted Textually from the Gospels Greek, Latin, French, and English
Electronic Text Center, University of Virginia Library

http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/toc/moden ... fJesu.html

the mingo

Post by the mingo » January 9th, 2009, 7:29 am

Ok, Jack Looking, got it. Mornin', mt, ain't it a hell of a grand day?

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » January 9th, 2009, 12:00 pm

Thx, truck... your links are always informative. i always admire your google-bility to seek and distribute info. A+, amigo! I will peruse the newest offerings when time is on my side.

el mingo... indeed the day is definitely worth celebrating, not just living. my mate and i are joining a couple of friends for Phar Lepht's excellent mexican food this noon. i may even indulge in a cold beer seeing as the weather is beautiful and kind.

Return to “Asylum for the Terminally Vain”