My life on the screen as a compulsive scribbler:

Truckin'. Still truckin'...

Moderator: stilltrucking

still.trucking

My life on the screen as a compulsive scribbler:

Post by still.trucking » May 15th, 2009, 10:04 pm

Life on the screen
Brought to you by Amalgamated Yard Sale Supply L.L.C.

What I learned about writing today.
A colon will fix any sentence fragment in Microsoft Word

Random Quote:
<center>I am not disembodied Reason.
Nor am I Robinson Crusoe,
alone upon his island.
Isaiah Berlin3</center>

http://triceratops.brynmawr.edu/dspace/ ... appelJ.pdf

·
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

gypsyjoker

Post by gypsyjoker » May 15th, 2009, 11:14 pm

Chicago
Halstead Ave four am meat packing plant
walking between my truck and the all night diner on the corner down the alley lined with truck trailers.

He calls me over wants to show me something between the trailers. I don't go because I am thinking about Richard Pryor's routine about the voice of god coming out of an alley in Cleveland.

Gypsyjoker is that white boy, calling me to venture down that dark space between the trailers. I was hoping to make a genleman out of him. But he is a lost cause.
Free Rice
Avatar Courtesy of the Baron de Hirsch Fund

'Blessed is he who was not born, Or he, who having been born, has died. But as for us who live, woe unto us, Because we see the afflictions of Zion, And what has befallen Jerusalem." Pseudepigrapha

Diana Moon Glampers

Post by Diana Moon Glampers » May 16th, 2009, 12:11 am

She is a wonder to me.
I feel a strong identification with Vonnegut's depiction of her as someone who the people of Rosewater thought too dumb to live.

God Bess You Mr Rosewater

I hardly ever think about her as a woman anymore. I thought she was going to be some alter ego feminine voice within me. But hope faded there too.

I often feel too dumb to live. I hardly grasp the concept of irony.

Free Rice

"a sixty-eight-year-old virgin who, by almost anybody's standards, was too dumb to live. Her name was Diana Moon Glampers."

MrGuilty

Post by MrGuilty » May 16th, 2009, 3:50 pm

MrGuilty feels so grateful for being born a man and not a woman that he feels guilty. All he can do is have compassion on women and do everything he can to make it up to them by giving them all the good times he can.

In short, he is "god's gift to women"

I like that song by Jewel a lot.

I guess MrGuilty was inspired by a Randy Newman song

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PxYTILdWRaU&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PxYTILdWRaU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
I used to be smart

Free Rice

constantine

Post by constantine » May 16th, 2009, 4:25 pm

god bless you mr. guilty

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » May 16th, 2009, 5:28 pm

Did somebody sneeze?

I edited the song link for the randy newman song after you replied. I remember the night a post by judih inspired me to come up with the MrGuilty handle.

Thanks for reading even Constantine. Mostly I write stuff here for whoever I had in mind at the time. Certain people here cross my mind more than others. I think it is in direct proportion to the amount of times I have read their poems or looked at their art or listened to their music.

Santayana a brilliant mind, seems not to be hip anymore but he is to me.
Last edited by still.trucking on May 16th, 2009, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

constantine

Post by constantine » May 16th, 2009, 5:51 pm

i believe you know a thousand times more about philosophy than i do.

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » May 16th, 2009, 6:13 pm

Is that what I was talking about?
I think I decided to vote for George W. Bush in 2000 because he said the one philospher who had the most profound influence on his life was Jesus Christ.

I don't know anything about Santayana's philosophy Constantine. In fact I don't know jack shit about any philosophy. I got holes in my education and reading you could drive a truck through. You know you know more about it than me. I think Mingo is a philospher, I think poets are linguistic philosphers.
I think more than I drink
That could be my major malfunction

Time I started flirting with ehtanol.
I am too old to be an alcholic at this point.
Sorry I fucked with those videos I am going to change them back.

Free Rice

constantine

Post by constantine » May 16th, 2009, 6:22 pm

philosophy - you get it where you find it. same as poetry i guess - a synthesis of experience, inner and outer - observations - they add up to something akin to philosophy. i'd like to think so anyway.

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » May 16th, 2009, 6:41 pm

You get it where you find it. I would also like to think that is True.

It keeps coming at you.

I think we had this conversation before.

Free Rice

constantine

Post by constantine » May 16th, 2009, 6:44 pm

could be. my short term memory has taken a hit - i've been trotting out these chestnuts for a lifetime.

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » May 16th, 2009, 7:06 pm

lived forward understood backwards, famous quote about life.

But I think I understood it better as a kid.

As if I am trying to get back to east baltimore in my philosophy, just see the world again as I first saw it at twelve or thirteen when that last brain cell synapsed in to place.

Piaget had a name for it I think.

Maybe we were talking about something else, coming at you. THe news I think. My faulty memory not yours .

Free Rice

constantine

Post by constantine » May 16th, 2009, 7:15 pm

something about your old neighborhood that always fascinated me. i'd stroll down baltimore past central and look at the storefronts - the old names on the bldgs. - old synagogues - closed. saw one on milton and fairmount - around there anyway. man, i miss baltimore.

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » May 16th, 2009, 7:57 pm

I don't know why I have not read Dr Sax. I suppose it is my vanity.

Just bits and pieces about Lowell, that son of a bitch could sure type.

Free Rice

Return to “Asylum for the Terminally Vain”