dream book

Truckin'. Still truckin'...

Moderator: stilltrucking

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » January 31st, 2010, 8:45 pm

Last night's dreams were possibly a bit violent, but I'd gone out to an ex's bday bash, so I'd fallen asleep on three drinks. Was a good time.

The shot gun was something. I was buying time to get the right key to unlock the door out of the two skeleton keys. Well whoever it was was up on me too quickly, so to buy time and distract him I shot his reflection in the mirror on the door I was at. He grabbed for his chest, a panic stricken look-- while I got the door unlocked. He was unharmed, I just gave him a trick in a rotten way to escape quick.

I'm fond of a side long glance, it's a bit spooky almost.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

zero_hero

Post by zero_hero » February 1st, 2010, 1:13 pm

Interesting book, she says that men's dreams in Tibet have more in common with men's dreams from Hoboken than they do with their own wives dreams. Something like that.
Happiness is a warm gun. It is a powerful feeling to be holding a shot gun on your enemy. I never dreamed about shotguns not that I remember, but I would go to sleep many a nights when I was a young man thinking about a rifle under my chin. Maybe I repressed the dreams but I remember the pre-conscious thought/image..
Gender in Indo-Tibetan Dreaming page 147-148

When women dream they subtly voice a connection those powerful and possibly dangerous dream women of the male imagination. In several of the texts surveyed here women's dreams are often a form of protest against something their husbands want to do, something that the men have not actually articulated but which the women are capable of perceiving. Despite the fact that husbands frequently dismiss and denigrate their wives’ dreams (the Buddha, Prince Vessantara, Padmasmbhava and Marpa all do so) subsequent events prove the women’s dreams to be accurate prophesies.
Free Rice

"the lesson is... if you want it? keep a copy of it." Doreen Peri

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » February 1st, 2010, 11:55 pm

I'm reading that link for Dreaming in lotus, I'm captivated for the time being with it. I'm very well dressed, you've good taste. See you in the am and sleep with oil on the eye lids...ty trucker.

P.S.
You don't know me you say
and I know, I know,
but you're my friend regardless
and I may have tried fixing the shot gun image...
could bees. I don't know a better exclamation for it.
But, I could be saying it only cause of the power of suggestion thing too. What a trip. Looking west, looking in and around we go again.
Beat you to a race...I'm faster than you...
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » February 2nd, 2010, 11:39 am

I kind of glossed over the salve on the eyes thing, what caught my attention the most so far is the distinction between "having and seeing."
we "see" dreams not "have" dreams.

Down 14 pounds, give me a few more months and I will race you to the river.

"just because you say I am your friend
does not mean you are my friend"

something Dylan said ?
quoted from geezer memory

that guy sure is a peckerhead.

thanks for being a cyber pal
jt et al
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » February 19th, 2010, 11:55 pm

Been dreaming about my grandma's house again, a reoccurring theme, though never the same items in the house.

Also dreamt about white legos (thousands of them in the basement) and walking across glass down there. I wasn't worried about walking on the pile of it, I was more concerned about pulling out the glass before walking on the floor, because it seemed to me having it cut the surface was fine, but going deep I didn't like the thought.

Kissed up an old beau in secret there in the basement, guess I've been thinking whom to go flirt with. Lately, I thought I might with the local professors, maybe he'll have a stuffy suit, glasses, gray hair and talk monotone, but he could have a lot of stories for me.

Urgh, to see dreams? I don't know, I'm 'living' them Jack, a lot of sensations just as in reality, more freedom, almost more real in some ways. It's more than sight I think...but I don't have the info, just recollections.

How's your dreaming feeling lately to you?

All of my ramble brings me to this...have you ever eaten in a dream? That's one thing I cannot recall ever doing. But, I wonder if maybe others do? I've slept in dreams, smelled, touched, talked, but don't remember eating.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 25th, 2010, 7:15 am

I can't remember eating in a dream. But I have driven many miles in my sleep.

I been dreaming a lot lately. Good dreams, I mean interesting. But all forgotten. I remember one vaguely. About cars, British sports car with right hand drive.

I have not smoked any weed for a week. Still trying to get a handle on my diet. I think I have smoked enough pot for a while.

My sleep is irregular again. Up in the middle of the night.

I am waiting to die.
Reading about labyrinths
The Geometry of the Labyrinth

Parabola's Summer 1992 issue:

Labyrinth Few symbols are more perplexing than the labyrinth, and perhaps it is because it so aptly describes our human condition that it holds such fascination. The realm of angels may be characterized by order and peace, but our mortal realm is one of confusion, in which we are lost and yet into which we are born in order to seek redemption. On the most ordinary level, we are drawn to puzzles and enigmas, a natural and inborn response to solve any mystery including the mystery of ourselves. Throughout the history of humankind, the labyrinth appears and reappears in many different variations, in story and myth, in architecture, art, and dance, in the games of children, and in traditional rite and ritual. Its constant reemergence is a testimony to the eternal search for the solution to the puzzle of human existence :

But when we speak of a maze or labyrinth, are we trying to chart some sort of structure in which we could survive and accommodate ourselves, like smart laboratory rats? Or are we searching for a way out, or conversely, some sort of secret at the center of the maze? Are we seeking some absolute which is protected os that we cannot reach it?.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » February 27th, 2010, 2:47 pm

After I said that about not eating in a dream, of course that night I dreamt of eating. I can't recall now, the details of it, but it was humorous and made that way exactly just to laugh at me! It was as if I, in my dream life, was like ha! I'll show 'me' and there I ate. I think it was food I don't enjoy at all, like seafood, oysters and shrimp.

Had artistic dreams last night.
One of this amazing lady, gorgeous with overly painted eyelids and lips, I thought it looked distracting and too much, but we'd fallen asleep together and when I saw her in the morning, only her make-up was 'less' and slightly rubbed, then I thought she looked very impressive! and I was amazed by her artistic abilities with her make-up. I even told her so.
One eye was shades of blues, very lightened by then and the other eye she hadn't slept as much on and it was like an orange desert mountain. Her lips shimmered to add to the effect.

Had a dream that is by far one of my most artistic to date. If I tell you of it you'll laugh and think I an even more predictable type, or foolish or something such. But I'll still tell of it, for I don't mind if you think I'm very lame,
I dreamt of being atop a scenic mountain view...looking out at this extremely blue lake surrounded by a lot of desert colors...sand colors and browns, like that of the rock in the banner today.

I was with someone I don't know at all, may not of even liked. He was telling me of how my girl friend is destructive in her relationship. To describe it in a way I could picture, he used the scenic view to show me. He brought the lake in full view for me almost as if using binoculars. Then he made ripples go one after another on the lake's surface. Some small and some large ripples, but constant.
He said, "The problem with her is she's continuously creating ripples on his lake." He was very serious with me, and his concern. But at that moment while I was looking at the ripples on the water I had to admit I thought only how extremely beautiful it was. I couldn't help not to. We walked down the mountain a bit, then he got a 'dang this silly girl' look and asked of me, "and what will you do? Marry? live with someone?" I shook my head and told him no, I'll never be dependent, not I, not again and said I'd only wanted someone to let me make ripples on his lake.

Anyway, tonight's a full goody moon and with my dreams heightened (I've much more I've not mentioned), I'm looking forward to sleep.

I like that you'd driven on the British side. What played out on the radio? I think you've mentioned music in your dreams once.
~Lewis Carroll

Diana Moon Glampers

Post by Diana Moon Glampers » February 27th, 2010, 9:01 pm

My dreams are pretty lame compard to yours

Yes men who speak to women about women

in dreams

remind me of the man from boston
who drove around in a little red austin
there was room for his ass and a tank for of gas
but his balls dragged on the ground so he lostum

I dream while driving today.
I have had some of my best sleep while driving a truck
just for a moment I drifted off and my 1995 mazda protege with 185,000 miles and a noisy water pump became a Porsche 356c

it was sweet in the setting sun reflected in a rippling stock tank

Sometimes I wait for you

Free Rice

"a sixty-eight-year-old virgin who, by almost anybody's standards, was too dumb to live. Her name was Diana Moon Glampers."

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » February 28th, 2010, 12:42 am

Your dreams are heavily male, and so I'm more interested in hearing them then my own. I've a giant ego, but it doesn't include that, what it does include is I very often re-read and re-edit my writing. It used to be for grammar, then for punctuation, and now guess why I'm doing it? It is because I talk so much of myself I have to return read to be sure I'd included what it was I'd meant to reply to whom I was wanting to speak to begin with. Now if that isn't nuts, I'm still nuts.

Men could teach a woman a thing or two.
I could learn, on my own terms, but more likely to learn from a male on certain topics, than from females on others. Not always that way, but often enough to mention.

Where will you drive to next? If tonight then you'll have a more vivid experience at the wheel with the view and asleep behind it with the moon's influences. Might drive a camel, or pilot an aircraft tonight. Going and gunning it, 120 down the yellow line.

me too, but who's counting.
~Lewis Carroll

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » February 28th, 2010, 5:28 am

If figures that men could teach women. After all God was made in our image. :P

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oc5CW9wgj1Q&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oc5CW9wgj1Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Last edited by still.trucking on February 28th, 2010, 5:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » February 28th, 2010, 5:39 am

Just woke up, in a mood. Thinking about a magic carpet ride
looking down on this earth from a hundred miles out, thinking about God and Randy Newman
And something mnaz wrote.

THinking about preachers on TV and their maps and politics
Thinking thinking thinking
like a steppenwolf.
a bit a schanps and Herman Hesse
whiskey river take my mind

drowning in my sleep
wake in terror
have you ever had sleep apnea
happened to me a few times
flash back to the old woman on her death bed
and the sound as she drew her last breath
and the death rattle in her throat

Men got it so easy
one child left to carry on

something good
listening to this song in my mind a lot
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tYkFKNroBVA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tYkFKNroBVA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Use in the movie Heart Worn Higway

Free Rice

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » February 28th, 2010, 11:45 am

I fell asleep thinking about it, thinking if the writer don't wanna read their own writing, then who would or what makes a writer like writing, is it cause the writer likes their own stuffs (but they should or why put the effort) and I couldn't drown out the drumming.

Anyway, I like all sorts of my poetry, though I'm lacking on the responses at times and don't find them too very thrilling, so guess they get the edits and second thoughts/responses too, but I'm not much thinking of them after the submit. I do think a lot about my poetry though.

I've someone to see there and I've me in between the lines, and it got me good when I closed my eyes.

Phew, after all that Jack I woke up and couldn't remember not one dream, not even a little tit for tat, all was gone.

I like your new way of going, taking the carpet out for a spin, taken heights, thinking bout some treats. A head full of living.

I've been reading this link sweetwater had posted about simulation and imagination then reality and how to to distinguish between the two, or what does it matter realizing which is real or not, and etc. The places we can be, the things to do, doesn't matter much if we touched it in truth or not, since even if we had...well so what, it just stores up a second later in memory anyhow, which is the same place it'd go if we hadn't truly touched.
I don't know what to make of it yet, haven't finished the reading, but I see a lot of truth in it.

People need guided to a spot to feel childish, simulate it in order to release themselves, but all it is is the illusion because the ability to release in the first place is there with them anywhere. I love how dreams remove all those imaginary lines we create when with too much control.

Never had sleep apnea, I sleep well now days and only thing keeping me up at night before were fears and paranoias or babies crying. I'm a good sleeper. I do take my time though to fall asleep to begin with, that's where it's not as easy.
After all God was made in our image...
You're right Jack, and I need to hear from you to learn this stuffs males teach, all the teacher men, I likes much, you know.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 28th, 2010, 12:06 pm

I read my writing
Sometimes I like it sometimes I hate
Sometimes I edit it
sometimes I don't

Sometimes I delete stuff because it is like a note in a bottle
I only intended it to be read by one person
and then I take it down.

I try to be carefull most on the creative board.
My brain is deformed
not by fetal alcohol syndrome.
dear old mom
18 year on man awaiting sentencing for murder his future is execution or life without parole
his defense attorneys making a plea for life in prison cause his momma liked to drink when she was pregnant. who's to bless and who's to blame.

Watching to have and have not withmy with baby sister
"Who was the girl steve?"

I may need a new mattress pretty soon.

I teach by example
By the absurdity of my life
I will be honored to be your wrang wrang

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » February 28th, 2010, 12:10 pm

The Books of BokononA wrang-wrang is "a person who steers people away from a line of speculation by reducing that line, with the example of the wrang-wrang's own life, ...
www.cns.uni.edu/~wallingf/personal/bokonon.html - Cached - Similar

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » February 28th, 2010, 12:56 pm

Often I've the thought that I could be being tormented and made fun of, but if I don't truly know I am, then what really matters is if I'm having fun regardless. I think it was Algernon...not positive, but the part when the mentally disabled boy worked in the cafe, and 'his friends' teased and tormented him, but he was unaware, to him being unaware meant he was able to think of them as his friends...it was only later when he gained the knowledge they were but tormenting him, that it caused so much disorder.

I'm reading this link you posted, be back after-words.

P.S. It bothers me when it's takin down, cause then I worry it was all in my head. But, I'm guilty of doing it once or twice myself :P

"Who was the girl steve?"
Who was that couple? Be back with that.

I like this one...
On cosmology: [ 85 ]

"... wherein Borasisi, the sun, held Pabu, the moon, in his arms, and hoped that Pabu would bear him a fiery child.

But poor Pabu gave birth to children that were cold, that did not burn; and Borasisi threw them away in disgust. These were the planets, who circled their terrible father at a safe distance.

Then poor Pabu herself was cast away, and she went to live with her favorite child, which was Earth. Earth was Pabu's favorite because it had people on it; and the people looked up at her and loved her and sympathized.
And loved his response! Has me laughing.

Also liked the bit about God saying to live like a child...
On his own re-birth

A fish pitched up
By the angry sea,
I gasped on land,
And I became me.

Be like a baby,
The Bible say,
So I stay like a baby
To this very day. [ 49 ]
Do you know I've returned to that a zillion times in my head throughout life and have decided it's a good living?
~Lewis Carroll

Return to “Asylum for the Terminally Vain”