you get the point." In all my deathly honesty,
I'll respond, "duh, nope."

Lights out, ...
http://www.studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtop ... ght=#30709
Free Rice

"the lesson is... if you want it? keep a copy of it." Doreen Peri

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » January 28th, 2010, 11:28 pm

I think all of our deaths are in our one life, cause I couldn't tell you how many times I've died since I was born. It is beautiful.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 29th, 2010, 6:03 am

Thanks for the comebacks Sad Luck Dame. Talk at you later on the the others. I got to go back to bed before I start eating. I lost Ten pounds in ten days, feeling better.

I went to law school for a little while. I was so bored Logic is important to lawyers. Important to Jesuits too.

I would like to check this book out sometime.
Plato and a Platypus Walk into a Bar A short course in logic

A perfect illustration of something you learn in logic

Informal fallacies
post hoc ergo propter hoc

This older guy marries a younger woman and no matter how hard he tries he cannot satisfy her. He goes to his rabbi, the rabbi
He says, “rabbi what should I do about this?”
The rabbi says we had this problem before what you do is get a younger guy to stand by the bed and wave a towel over you while you are making love to her
He does. And she feels nothing at all. He goes back to the rabbi. And the rabbi says

“ Yeah we have had this problem too, what you do is make a slight adjustment, you put the younger guy in bed with your wife and you wave the towel. So he goes home and does this and she screaming with ecstasy and he looks down and says “SCHUMCK that’s the way you wave a towel!
Image Source

I liked this joke too from the same book
The relativity of time:

"A snail is mugged by two turtles; when the police ask him what happened?
The turtle says, "I don't know it all happened so fast."

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » January 30th, 2010, 3:11 am

Liked that cartoon, Jack.
You'll be able to find many who'll suggest logic, and be able to even explain God logically, but I'm just not able. Mine is more in relation to that cartoon on most of my beliefs. I believe in magic. I also think magical and otherworldly things exist within the pages of the Bible. Dreams play a large role there, so do naming a person, etc. and none of those figure in much with logic or fact in my mind. Mostly it goes more with not seeing, just believing on a mind's capability to extend past what is obviously seen.

The most trickery I've observed, is often from that which I can look right at.

Thanks for this.

And congrats on the 10.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 31st, 2010, 5:48 pm

12 pounds now.

The bit about God disaprearing in a puff of logic is from a novel by Douglas N. Adams. But I can't remember which one I will have to google

Math is as logical as I could ever get. Wasn't Lewis Carroll a mathematician? I think so.

Ten four on the dying, if a coward dies a thousand deaths I only got about two or three left to go till I am done dying.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » January 31st, 2010, 9:06 pm

Lewis Carroll a math man for sure. I could get lost all day in the enjoyment of counting in all his pieces and actually I've spent a few hours one day doing so. Sure, Lawyers useful, but I just not understand a thing they say.

You're on a roll.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 31st, 2010, 9:52 pm

Here is the D.N.A. quote from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Hitchhiker's Guide of the Galaxy
written by Douglas Adams

T... The Babel fish is small, yellow, leechlike, and probably the oddest thing in the Universe. It feeds on brainwave energy received not from its own carrier but from those around it. It absorbs all unconscious mental frequencies from this brainwave energy to nourish itself with. It then excretes into the mind of its carrier a telepathic matrix formed by combining the conscious thought frequencies with nerve signals picked up from the speech centers of the brain which has supplied them. The practical upshot of all this is that if you stick a Babel fish in your ear you can instantly understand anything said to you in any form of language. The speech patterns you actually hear decode the brainwave matrix which has been fed into your mind by your Babel fish.
Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the NON-existence of God.
The argument goes like this:
`I refuse to prove that I exist,' says God, `for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.'
`But,' says Man, `The Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED.'
`Oh dear,' says God, `I hadn't thought of that,' and promptly disappears in a puff of logic.
`Oh, that was easy,' says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.
Most leading theologians claim that this argument is a load of dingo's kidneys, but that didn't stop Oolon Colluphid making a small fortune when he used it as the central theme of his best-selling book, "Well, That about Wraps It Up for God."
Meanwhile, the poor Babel fish, by effectively removing all barriers to communication between different races and cultures, has caused more and bloodier wars than anything else in the history of creation.

http://www.whysanity.net/monos/hikers.html

Return to “Asylum for the Terminally Vain”