Obituaries

Truckin'. Still truckin'...

Moderator: stilltrucking

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » April 11th, 2010, 7:18 pm

Code: Select all

"Darling, you're such blue ink words!" 

"There once was a sage named Niu-T'ou Fa-Yung (Gozu Hoyu, Niutou Farong Fa-jung) 594-657, who lived in a lonely temple high in the mountains. He was visited one day by a wandering monk, T'ao Hsin, the Fourth Patriarch of the Chinese Lineage of Ch'an. As the two were talking a wild animal roared close by, T'ao Hisn, a fully Enlightened monk, jumped. "I see it is still with you," said the Fa-Yung...refering, of course, to the instinctive "passion" of fright. Shortly afterwards, while he was unobserved for a moment, T'ao Hsin inscribed the Chinese character for the Buddha on the rock Fa-Yung was accustomed to sit. When the sage returned to sit down he saw the sacred Name and hesitated to sit. "I see," said T'ao Hsin, "it is still with you!"

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » April 12th, 2010, 10:37 am

I'd written one of my first with him and I over a cup of coffee and blue ink words, he'd smeared them across my arm. I'll show it to you sometime if I haven't already, if you'd like then let me know.

I found this when searching out the first love only love line.
The more one suffers, the more, I believe, has one a sense for the comic. It is only by the deepest suffering that one acquires true authority in the use of the comic, an authority which by one word transforms as by magic the reasonable creature one calls man into a caricature.
I'm going to read more on it today, looks true enough so far. We'll see how these things settle...and then themselves, you know.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/S%C3%B8ren_Kierkegaard
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » April 12th, 2010, 11:19 am

I have not been able to read Kierkegaard, but I have learned to spell his name right for some reason. It amazes me that I can remember the spelling.

He is a hard read for me, but little things have popped out to me over the years. He asked why are there preachers in Christendom. He wrote about dread and the spider in the outhouse. He was in love with a woman for years, but he had the hesitation blues and she died or married another, either way she was lost to him but he never loved another.

I show my ignorance I am sure some student of philosophy could point out my errors . He was a Christian I believe. Some call him the founder or father of existentialism.

I may try to read him again.

I have strange sense of humor, I should use more emoticons,

thanks for the reply.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » April 12th, 2010, 11:42 am

I still struggle to write Fyodor Dostoevsky's name and I read every single thing I can get my hands on by him, and won't put the books down till forced to.

Kierkegaard looks interesting, I'm going to read him a little today to see how well he sticks, but I'm sure I, too, will struggle on his name.

A side-note on first love.
I found an example...when I first married the 'x' ten years ago, I remember how I went into it, though it quickly dissipated. I'd ask him, "Tell me a story, any sort of story that'll take me away to somewhere else, then I can close my eyes and possibly go there."

Now he was highly intellectual, well read and that sort of thing, but I quickly found out his limitations, especially in the area of imagining or creating. He could not tell a story nor amuse me to even believe he could, and I'm very well gullible too.

What a first disappointment in the failure to simulate what I thought love would supply and where had I developed such ideas on love to begin with? So reading this on first love, it sort of makes much more sense to me now, like a little piece.

But, because of the catfish influence and his abilities with the imagining or breaking boundaries, I'm able to have Fyodor or Henry Miller or Henry James, etc. put me to sleep at night. And even the catfish, the magician and you. Otherwise, I find it especially difficult to close my eyes, if I've found myself in a dull mood(those particularly emotionless and boredom ridden days), I couldn't do it until exhaustion finally closed my eyes, then there was no release for such a playful way for my soul to heal up and happily so during my dreams.

Anyway, I'm just rambling.

If it's the only way to have the love I seek, then I go to it and meet it in the Ennui or the pond, if I must, at least I'm honestly happy and not at all worried if I don't suit the normalcy or what society appreciates. It's mine, it's mine and that is more important to me.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » April 12th, 2010, 11:54 am

And then (see my mind is going bonkers on this right now), as if that wasn't truly terrible of me enough, when I'd ten years later found the catfish, who taught me to walk to the pond, and I started developing such a liking for the arts, and artists and began dabbling in it myself, then the 'x' with his lack of vision and his logic; which put up boundaries, decided he'd not a like for my imaginings, so he tried to interfere with my lack of boundaries, tried to set me right to his liking, I couldn't allow it, and I was too far gone, which by then the dame was loudly in my ear.

I'm nuts, my apologies. I know you didn't invite my going on like this.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » April 12th, 2010, 12:25 pm

Fyodor Dostoevsky's
prolly why I have not read much of him but I am sure I have read a lot of bits and pieces. I can't believe I could have made through my years in the baltimore public school system or two years of college English without read something by Fyodor Dostoevsky's.

I got no stories dame I got the mind of a bean counter.
I got symptoms galore if that interests you
Symptoms of "a disease called man"

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » April 12th, 2010, 12:35 pm

I just wanted you to know how selfish I was, and self-centered, and to top it off I'd allowed a dame to develop within, and I used and abused her to go first and get what it was I very selfishly wanted.

I'm happy, yes, but I hurt those in my way, and still mis-treat them to be sure of my continued happiness.

Anyway, then we both are full of disease.
I should get drunk today.

But, whether you have stories or not, I like to think you do and I've stayed entertained here entirely.

The catfish says I'm easily amused. :P razz razz
~Lewis Carroll

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » April 12th, 2010, 12:42 pm

I am still a kid giving it all away

I got nothing but these sock puppets
and I am old so it does not take much to frighten me these days.

If I can amuse you
you must love Barry Manilow. :P
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

jackofnightmares

Post by jackofnightmares » April 12th, 2010, 12:45 pm

Wait I posted that to the wrong thread, this ain't battling razzberries
I am taking the day off, got stoned early
all cross threaded
well a day off is a day on
hope you are enjoying your vacation dame.

"The road goes on forever and the party never ends" The Flatlanders.
"Skepticism is the chastity of the intellect" Santayana The Idea of Christ in the Gospels

one of those jerks

Post by one of those jerks » May 19th, 2010, 7:15 am

"Selfless handyman dies protecting family in attack"

Jose Rosales was a devout Christian. He sent every spare penny he made as a landscaper and handyman back to his family in Guatemala, and he was so strong and industrious that he did the work of three men. He had the complete trust of the Brar family who hired him.
She is twice the man I am.

zero_hero

Post by zero_hero » June 1st, 2010, 8:52 pm

So hard to write a honest obituary. But I heard a rumor that Kitty Kelly is going to do an unauthorized biography of me. So figured I better come clean now.

He was always a selfish lover, he was in for his own pleasure. It came as a shock to him that nice girls liked to do it too.
And he only dated nice girls. Mostly nice Jewish girls cause they were the best his mother and grandmother told him. Later he found out that Quaker girls were nice girls too.
Free Rice

"the lesson is... if you want it? keep a copy of it." Doreen Peri

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » June 1st, 2010, 10:54 pm

I want there to always be some sort of interaction, Jack, you know, with people interesting to interact with (souls), and definitely spooks me out to think it'd only be my own thinking...all by it's lonesome. I'm talking about now, but even after.

It's a bit spooky I think.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » June 2nd, 2010, 6:18 am

I am not worried about it
Just getting down to my fighting weight
Training for the big fight
Me against me

Going to stick my head in a bucket of magnets.
I am sure I am in good hands
Just like Bukowski's cat.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » June 2nd, 2010, 8:02 am

Well, I was going to write about this guy I knew, but all I could think to say was that he liked big breasted women. That was it, and I'd have to make up everything else.
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » June 2nd, 2010, 8:05 am

Maybe I'd say something like, the girls did the chasing.
I'd have a lot to say on it, and I still might write about him someday.
~Lewis Carroll

Return to “Asylum for the Terminally Vain”