Post by zero_hero » August 4th, 2010, 3:26 pm

No watermelons no cantaloupes
The garden is done
The tomatoes are finished
Free Rice

"the lesson is... if you want it? keep a copy of it." Doreen Peri

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 4th, 2010, 3:47 pm

93 percent of Americans have Bisphenol A—BPA in their urine.
I been trying to eat more fruit.

Next year a bigger garden I think. Those vines need room to run.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » August 4th, 2010, 6:19 pm

I just got back from shopping. Checked all my green teas for BPA, and I bought only organic/gluten free foods. Also finally got some good meat from Laura. Steak tonight. I'm starving.

What I need to find out is a list of seasonal veggies showing me what grows at what time, naturally.

Did you hear anything about clones? Freaky.
Thanks for gardening with me today.

Everything should be popped on the label, then all we need to do is research what the initials stand for, then we'll have some sort of knowledge at shopping.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 4th, 2010, 6:51 pm

I read or heard that apes spend about six hours a day chewing their food. I am going to try and eat more raw veggies.

Thanks for dropping by

My I Ching for today I asked
"John 3:16"
Cast Hexagram:

Hexagram 59
Huan - Dispersion [Dissolution]
yang
yang
above: Sun / The Gentle, Wind
yin

yin
yang
below: K'an / The Abysmal, Water
yin
Yin coin

Yang coin

Wind blowing over water disperses it, dissolving it into foam and mist. This suggests that when a man's vital energy is dammed up within him (indicated as a danger by the attribute of the lower trigram), gentleness serves to break up and dissolve the blockage.

THE JUDGEMENT

DISPERSION. Success.
The king approaches his temple.
It furthers one to cross the great water.
Perseverance furthers.

The text of this hexagram resembles that of Ts'ui, GATHERING TOGETHER (45). In the latter, the subject is the bringing together of elements that have been separated, as water collects in lakes upon the earth. Here the subject is the dispersing and dissolving of divisive egotism. DISPERSION shows the way, so to speak, that leads to gathering together. This explains the similarity of the two texts.
Religious forces are needed to overcome the egotism that divides men. The common celebration of the great sacrificial feasts and sacred rites, which gave expression simultaneously to the interrelation and social articulation of the family and state, was the means employed by the great rulers to unite men. The sacred music and the splendor of the ceremonies aroused a strong tide of emotion that was shared by all hearts in unison, and that awakened a consciousness of the common origin of all creatures. In this way disunity was overcome and rigidity dissolved. A further means to the same end is co-operation in great general undertakings that set a high goal for the will of the people; in the common concentration on this goal, all barriers dissolve, just as, when a boat is crossing a great stream, all hands must unite in a joint task.
But only a man who is himself free of all selfish ulterior considerations, and who perseveres in justice and steadfastness, is capable of so dissolving the hardness of egotism.

Dispersion - Ryan Bliss, 2007

THE IMAGE

The wind drives over the water:
The image of DISPERSION.
Thus the kings of old sacrificed to the Lord
And built temples.

In the autumn and winter, water begins to freeze into ice. When the warm breezes of spring come, the rigidity is dissolved, and the elements that have been dispersed in ice floes are reunited. It is the same with the minds of the people. Through hardness and selfishness the heart grows rigid, and this rigidity leads to separation from all others. Egotism and cupidity isolate men. Therefore the hearts of men must be seized by a devout emotion. They must be shaken by a religious awe in face of eternity - stirred with an intuition of the One Creator of all living beings, and united through the strong feeling of fellowship experienced in the ritual of divine worship.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 4th, 2010, 6:51 pm

I read or heard that apes spend about six hours a day chewing their food. I am going to try and eat more raw veggies.

Thanks for dropping by

My I Ching for today I asked
"John 3:16"
Cast Hexagram:

Hexagram 59
Huan - Dispersion [Dissolution]
yang
yang
above: Sun / The Gentle, Wind
yin

yin
yang
below: K'an / The Abysmal, Water
yin
Yin coin

Yang coin

Wind blowing over water disperses it, dissolving it into foam and mist. This suggests that when a man's vital energy is dammed up within him (indicated as a danger by the attribute of the lower trigram), gentleness serves to break up and dissolve the blockage.

THE JUDGEMENT

DISPERSION. Success.
The king approaches his temple.
It furthers one to cross the great water.
Perseverance furthers.

The text of this hexagram resembles that of Ts'ui, GATHERING TOGETHER (45). In the latter, the subject is the bringing together of elements that have been separated, as water collects in lakes upon the earth. Here the subject is the dispersing and dissolving of divisive egotism. DISPERSION shows the way, so to speak, that leads to gathering together. This explains the similarity of the two texts.
Religious forces are needed to overcome the egotism that divides men. The common celebration of the great sacrificial feasts and sacred rites, which gave expression simultaneously to the interrelation and social articulation of the family and state, was the means employed by the great rulers to unite men. The sacred music and the splendor of the ceremonies aroused a strong tide of emotion that was shared by all hearts in unison, and that awakened a consciousness of the common origin of all creatures. In this way disunity was overcome and rigidity dissolved. A further means to the same end is co-operation in great general undertakings that set a high goal for the will of the people; in the common concentration on this goal, all barriers dissolve, just as, when a boat is crossing a great stream, all hands must unite in a joint task.
But only a man who is himself free of all selfish ulterior considerations, and who perseveres in justice and steadfastness, is capable of so dissolving the hardness of egotism.

Dispersion - Ryan Bliss, 2007

THE IMAGE

The wind drives over the water:
The image of DISPERSION.
Thus the kings of old sacrificed to the Lord
And built temples.

In the autumn and winter, water begins to freeze into ice. When the warm breezes of spring come, the rigidity is dissolved, and the elements that have been dispersed in ice floes are reunited. It is the same with the minds of the people. Through hardness and selfishness the heart grows rigid, and this rigidity leads to separation from all others. Egotism and cupidity isolate men. Therefore the hearts of men must be seized by a devout emotion. They must be shaken by a religious awe in face of eternity - stirred with an intuition of the One Creator of all living beings, and united through the strong feeling of fellowship experienced in the ritual of divine worship.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » August 4th, 2010, 7:11 pm

You're one of the wonders of the world,
when asking her about it.

It's been awhile since my last I Ching.

Mine is #48 The Well...

Here's a good resource to read on your I Chings...
http://www.akirarabelais.com/i/i.html

Just look for your number and good to go to it, I guess.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

zero_hero

Post by zero_hero » August 5th, 2010, 12:36 am

Mothers and daughters and biological clocks
Spider woman once told me a woman can make a man do anything she wants him to. And I asked her at what cost to herself.

What does it matter how babies are born,

He is my little rock and roller I would think of him when I was out on the road and play this song over and over.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_3CdKS9Tbl0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_3CdKS9Tbl0&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I been using something called The I Ching on line
http://www.ichingonline.net/

My last I Ching was interesting. I asked When they(women) have dominion over their fertility

I dam sure was blind sided even though I was warned. While trying to do nothing I did too much.

Cast Hexagram:

23 - Twenty-Three

Po / Splitting Apart

The weight of the Mountain presses down upon a weak foundation of Earth:
The Superior Person will use this time of oppression to attend to the needs of those less fortunate.

Any action would be ill-timed.
Stand fast.

SITUATION ANALYSIS:

This is a situation easily mistaken for Stagnation (Hexagram 12) or Revolution (Hexagram 49).
It just depends on which side you're on.
During a time of Stagnation, human worms invade to feed on the decay.
During a time of Revolution, oppression is being overthrown.
But in this situation, oppressors are violently seizing power.
Pay special heed when you receive this hexagram, because the oracle is often warning you of a situation of which you are totally unaware.
You are about to be blindsided.
Free Rice

"the lesson is... if you want it? keep a copy of it." Doreen Peri

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » August 5th, 2010, 11:24 pm

They do say we're not to do, but to just be.
I get mixed up thinking the two are the same.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » August 5th, 2010, 11:41 pm

I feel so helpless
I give them all my money and think I am getting off easy

She asked me where did this all begin
I say it began with Crazy Mike.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » August 5th, 2010, 11:54 pm

It all begins somewhere,
except there are so many somewheres to begin with.

I think you're kind and you'll get lucky in life some day.

I just watched Fame the musical for the first time.
I never saw the Rocky Horror Show.

My I Ching~asked a question about Dandelions.
Cast Hexagram:

22 - Twenty-Two
Pi / Grace

Fire illuminates the base of the Mountain:
The Superior Person realizes he has not the wisdom to move the course of the world, except by attending to each day's affairs as they come.

Success in small matters.
This is a good time to begin something.

SITUATION ANALYSIS:

The emphasis now is on form, not function -- on the sizzle and not the steak.
The environment around you is not one of depth, and you are appreciated now for your image, not your essence.
You perfectly fill a role, and no one is seeing the genuine you.
Still, you are being listened to and watched.
Use this influence to further your goals as much as possible.
Even if you don't feel understood, you can perhaps connect with a few isolated hearts.
Relax and enjoy the attention.
It's something I might need to give up on, trying to be understood with a crowd, and except the friends I do make as big and count my blessings.
~Lewis Carroll

jimboloco

Post by jimboloco » August 19th, 2010, 3:28 pm

how could anyone listen to "go to sleep little rock and roller"
whilst driving an 18 wheeler ?????????????????????????????

I CHING

did one years ago
it said i was not yet ready to come out of my cave
shreveport

i am way out of that cave

jesse jackson said you've got to retreat sometimes
into your safe place and just rest rest rest

tai chi chuan 108 moves
commence
so hard just to begin
inertia
flop
[color=darkcyan]i'm on a survival mission
yo ho ho an a bottle of rum om[/color]

the mingo

Re: Spiders in the garden

Post by the mingo » August 28th, 2010, 7:00 am

flopping is good -
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

Return to “Asylum for the Terminally Vain”