still.trucking

The first man to die

Post by still.trucking » September 5th, 2010, 2:26 am

As if I was there

"Holy shit what happened to him?"
"He don't look so good."
Then it happened to another guy
And another and another

After a while I started to wonder if it could happen to me too.
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

still.trucking

Re: The first man to die

Post by still.trucking » September 5th, 2010, 3:50 am

That all happened before we were hip
It was after belly buttons but before fig leaves.
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » September 5th, 2010, 8:18 pm

What was happening to them, Jack?
When I first read this I thought they were dying, but then the fig leaf, so I wanted to ask. Where was Eve in all of this?
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

Diana Moon Glampers

Post by Diana Moon Glampers » September 17th, 2010, 10:06 am

Heck with Eve, what I want to know is where are you. Are you ok i have not seen you around in a month of Tuesdays.

Yeah death Dame. You hear about the first person to discover fire, the first person to invent the wheel. All these firsts but who was the first homo sapient to be aware of his own death? Adam never got a chance to eat from the tree of life because of that fig leaf. Where was Eve? Shopping for fig leaves, I guess.

Dream again last night
another lost dream
never the same twice
but always about being lost.

Free Rice

"a sixty-eight-year-old virgin who, by almost anybody's standards, was too dumb to live. Her name was Diana Moon Glampers."

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 17th, 2010, 10:45 am

Sorry about my sense of humor.

Where was Eve?
She was too busy giving birth to notice. too busy to notice a minor distraction from her labor like death.

Trying to remember my anthropology. The first species of primates to have rituals concerning death, graves and things like that.. If you don't count elephants maybe.

a million years of death?

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » September 17th, 2010, 10:15 pm

I'm here, but I fall asleep too quickly at night the minute I sit down. I'm such a baby trying to adjust to my schedule. Makes me have a lot more respect for the full time workers. Funny, I used to think full time workers had it made cause they got to escape into a social setting, and feel alive with so much interactions, all those senses stimulated meant to me that they could feel more alive, more real. Now I'm doing it, but it seems more zombie, depending on repetition, the clock and stamina...there's no time left to feel what it is I'm 'in'...if that makes senses. Then I come home to crash till the next clock setting.

I'm working on forcing myself to be other than zombie~ish and more a feeler upper during the count downs. Just a few adjustments. Awareness always the first step...I think.

I do write to you, it's in a notebook by my bed after I read a few pages of Shakespeare, I jot down to you. It's there, just haven't been able to sort it out into a cohesive communicator in my diary, yet. :P

Anyways, Eve's out laboring and Adam was shopping for a new home to call home, and wasn't home much...right?

How's the new mattress?
I miss talking.
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 17th, 2010, 11:17 pm

My back hurts, my side actually.
All the moving maybe

I think the Neanderthals were the first people to bury their dead. Maybe but I am not sure

I been reading a book called The Spoils of Time My bathroom book. I like thinking about the sweep of time. Human and geologic but not so much cosmological.

I like this bit from a novel called A Canticle for Liebowitz.
Fiat Voluntas Tua

Listen, are we helpless? Are we doomed to do it again and again and again? Have we no choice but to play the Phoenix in an unending sequence of rise and fall? Assyria, Babylon, Egypt, Greece, Carthage, Rome, the Empires of Charlemagne and the Turk: Ground to dust and plowed with salt. Spain, France, Britain, America — burned into the oblivion of the centuries. And again and again and again. Are we doomed to it, Lord, chained to the pendulum of our own mad clockwork, helpless to halt its swing? This time, it will swing us clean to oblivion, he thought. ~ Ch 25
We are all growing so old here,
Attachments
canticle.jpg
canticle.jpg (80.69 KiB) Viewed 1122 times
spoilsoftime.jpg
spoilsoftime.jpg (18.7 KiB) Viewed 1122 times

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » September 17th, 2010, 11:24 pm

No way to grow old, we are looking for every trick in the book to trick ourselves into believing we won't and I won't grow old if I can find the tricky way to get my spirit into the same shape it was in before the world grew heavy and old.
It'll only be my outside that might gray. :P

My insides are communicating with a child just newly noticing the world, I gotta meet her one more day early.

Jack, you got child like thoughts tickling your insides these days, too?
I want to hear if you can recollect one before you scowled at the world? I wanna hear...
I'm trying like heck to get there.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 17th, 2010, 11:31 pm

Child like thoughts
we got a million around here
it is what puts us on motorcycles when we are fucked up
it's what makes us invulnerable

we are all so pissed off around here.

And I must think I am Jesus Christ.
To make a difference

A sense of wonder persists

Yes I still have child like thoughts

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » September 17th, 2010, 11:43 pm

I likes a sense of wonder,
it's what keeps me at the pond
and poking at every teeny thing
in case it might react unexpectedly.

Jack, Jack
stay off your back
and swim the seas
swim to be lightly
'cause Jack,
my friend, we just bees,
and there's not more
to worry us, but maturity.

I'm so glad it's a Friday.
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » September 18th, 2010, 10:51 pm

My first Morning Glory bud, for you.

~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » September 26th, 2010, 6:14 pm

When we go back.
~Lewis Carroll

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » September 26th, 2010, 7:53 pm

I love morning glory
takes me back to a house
i was happy in as a child
it is funny but the older I get
the happier I was as a child.

I had good luck with morning glories
I planted some a couple of years ago and they went crazy beautiful climbing all over the front porch. I got pictures I can post as soon as I find them.

Free Rice

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » September 28th, 2010, 10:13 pm

it is funny but the older I get
the happier I was as a child.
LOL! This is true for us both.
I can't wait to see them.
All of mine collapsed in a great wind,
and I pushed them into a big heap in the flower bed.
They're still thriving, even grounded.
I took more pics today.
~Lewis Carroll

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » October 5th, 2010, 6:09 pm

sittin here under my new ceiling wondering what was the first conscious death.do all animals have a sense of their mortality?

Do elephants?
An elephant graveyard (also written elephant's graveyard or elephants' graveyard) is a place where, according to legend, older elephants instinctively direct themselves when they reach a certain age. They then die there alone, far from the group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant's_graveyard
Sittin here thinking today where do I want to die. Move to a rundown beach town like Venice California the way it was fifty sixty years ago.

Free Rice

Return to “Asylum for the Terminally Vain”