A cat story for Mr C

Truckin'. Still truckin'...

Moderator: stilltrucking

zero_hero

A cat story for Mr C

Post by zero_hero » January 24th, 2011, 10:06 am

I will give this one on payment of the story about Joyce the circus elephant with the lion on her back.

I kicked Rusty off the stairs the other day. I meant to kick him but not off the side of the stairs. I was just sort of trying to nudge him down the stairs but I put too much into the shove and it became a drop kick.

The Bear watched the whole thing unfold, and he was pretty got dam shocked.

What the hell is it about Orange cats, what makes them such dam cats?
Rusty is the most annoying cat I have ever known or had to sleep with.

Chapter ONe. I can't think of anyone on studio eight who loves cats more than you. I can't think of anyone on studio eight who my story might offend more. I am just taking E.B. White's adivice to aspiring writerss — "get a cat"

We went down to Corpus to get the white cat. What is about white cats with long fluffy Persian coats? Are they on their ninth life, Buddha cats who have finished their karma? I think Orange Cats are on their first lifetime, after being truck drivers in some previous conception.

gotta go
scribble more on this later I hope
Free Rice

"the lesson is... if you want it? keep a copy of it." Doreen Peri

tinkerjack

Re: A cat story for Mr C

Post by tinkerjack » January 24th, 2011, 2:47 pm

I guess I chose you because you would be the harshest critic of my cat story.

He sits on that staircase like it is his, and I wanted that step I wanted him to fear my step. How the hell you train a cat not to kill you?

That staircase is a nightmare for me. The bear built this house for my baby sister. When I say he built it. He fucking built it with his own two hands, with the sweat of his browns and strength in his back. He built it by himself. But he built it out of his head, no drawings, no architect, like Charlie Chaplin building a set without a script. It started out to be a one story house but she decided she wanted a two story house. So he had to add another story after he had all ready framed in the first floor, where to put the stairs? He had to build a 90 turn into them is a strange kind of landing, and I dread coming down I have fell going up a couple of times but not yet down, except in my worst fears of my minds eye. So I am not going to step over the cat, and he won't be sweet talked off of it, but I can't keep kicking him like a soccer ball either,
free rice

I used to be smart

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » January 24th, 2011, 5:25 pm

Trying to be funny, I did not kick him like a soccer ball, i need not bring my foot back and kick. I nudge my foot under him and raised him up I meant to scoot him down to the next step but he went off the side of the stairwell. Those stairway mathematics are complicated
free rice

I used to be smart

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » January 24th, 2011, 6:18 pm

I knows you weren't addressing me with this one, but I had this thought and picture in my head about what to do about the poor disastrous cat...
you see if I were too involved, I'd make a game of racing you up the steps, gently in my female way I'd scoop up the bad kitty, scold it and turn to look behind me towards you and go, in a very dramatic way.."I win, I win. Race you to the top. :P"
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
little mischievous darling!
~Lewis Carroll

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » January 24th, 2011, 7:28 pm

Mr. C. if you search on studio eight for "my cat" and constantine you will find some neat stuff to read, excluding a couple of inane replies by me to Dino which he has been cool enough to ignore.
Not that the cat went off the edge of the stairwell, not that I used my foot to push him, it was the anger in my heart. It was the forty ton truck riding your rear bumper, it was that I did it to intimidate, to make him afraid of me.
I wish I had the amygdala of a cat.

http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.p ... at#p105107
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 24th, 2011, 8:32 pm

It could have been for you too dame, I always feel like you are reading over my shoulder
thank you.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » January 24th, 2011, 8:41 pm

:P You're not to far off
and on that note, how do you trip a cat?
`Do you know, I was so angry, Kitty,' Alice went on...`when I saw all the mischief you had been doing, I was very nearly opening the window, and putting you out into the snow! And you'd have deserved it, you
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 24th, 2011, 8:47 pm

My grandmother loved cats, she was especially fond of the gray short hairs with the white paws and white chest. She called them "Maltese Cats" and believed them to be the best rodent killers. But those wharf rats were too big for a cat I think.

Anyway she would trip the cats by winding the entrails of the chickens she was cleaning around the cats neck and watch them try to eat it off. It keep the cat amused and her too.
I have no eye dear how to trip a cat or I surely would trip this one. He is such a clutz but a hell of a cat.

I can't get him out of my bed at night either.

So tell me how to trip a cat.

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » January 24th, 2011, 8:58 pm

You learn the cat language, especially cat slang and then confess secrets. Trips him every time. :P
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 24th, 2011, 9:06 pm

cat speak is the language of love
cats speak purfect spanish

searching studio eight for "my cat" plus author constantine will keep a cat amused for hours.
isn't funny

it's a joke
but it isn't funny
a blessing and a curse
let in a cat
get to know it
love and learn how to love
and then it is gone
it dies or runs away
things happen, they always do
and then you are alone
miserable
you know this, but
you'll do it again in a heartbeat
because loneliness compels you
because a man needs more
than just himself

http://studioeight.tv/phpbb/viewtopic.p ... lit=my+cat

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » January 24th, 2011, 9:12 pm

I love a cat, too
I just don't have the slang down right yet,
I think he thinks I say,
"I'm hungry. What's that bird's name. Who's first."
I've been studying bird songs when I should have read the little red book of cat tongue. :P
~Lewis Carroll

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » January 24th, 2011, 9:22 pm

It works :P
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 25th, 2011, 12:42 pm

It has been a cat trashtrophe this morning. I wonder why the feline and feminine are so intertwined in literature.

Kitty Carlyle I used to watch her all the time on "What's My Line" that show was on every week in my house when I was growing up.

She was a high toned sophisticated lady in my opinion, funny and beautiful. Aw kitty I hardly knew you, I could have love you better.

SO it goes dame
another day in paradise
or hell

"sometimes its heaven sometimes its hell
sometimes I don't even know" old Waylon

SadLuckDame

Post by SadLuckDame » January 26th, 2011, 9:50 pm

Today's not so heaven, Jack. Trying again tomorrow.
Gotta be cat and knock off another lifetime. Till it's light.
~Lewis Carroll

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 27th, 2011, 11:20 am

Sorry to hear you had a bad night I hope you are over it this morning.
Take care

I got no door on my sleeping area so he comes and goes at will. I used to throw him out of my bed but I lost that fight. Now he sleeps down by my feat. So maybe it was a partial victory. I reminded of of the bit from Catch-22 about the pilot that keeps having a nightmare that a cat is sleeping on his face

As much as Eva loved cats she would never let a cat sleep in the room with us. Maybe it was just a superstition, she said the cat would watch your adams apple move when you sleep and start to attack it.
Attachments
rusty.JPG

Return to “Asylum for the Terminally Vain”