Re: In reply to Mnaz's poem "Leadership"

Truckin'. Still truckin'...

Moderator: stilltrucking

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » June 3rd, 2013, 10:37 pm

I wish you had nolt deleted it, I wish I had a copy of it, I wish I could read it again. But who am I to complain about deletions.

We’ve all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” – Robert Wilensky 1996

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » June 3rd, 2013, 10:56 pm

I am grateful I got to to read your most excellent poem. Thank you

Fiat Voluntas Tua

Listen, are we helpless? Are we doomed to do it again and again and again? Have we no choice but to play the Phoenix in an unending sequence of rise and fall? Assyria, Babylon, Egypt, Greece, Carthage, Rome, the Empires of Charlemagne and the Turk: Ground to dust and plowed with salt. Spain, France, Britain, America — burned into the oblivion of the centuries. And again and again and again. Are we doomed to it, Lord, chained to the pendulum of our own mad clockwork, helpless to halt its swing? This time, it will swing us clean to oblivion, he thought. ~ Ch 25--A Canticle for Liebowitz
How many monkeys does it take to write the Bible
I’m beginning to think I don’t recognize often enough the role randomness plays in our universe. But randomness is unsettling, it makes me uncomfortable, it feels so out of control somehow.

Return to “Asylum for the Terminally Vain”