A Fight for the Right to Read Heidegger

Truckin'. Still truckin'...

Moderator: stilltrucking

Quacker Jack™

Post by Quacker Jack™ » July 24th, 2014, 1:59 am

"Life goes where the new forms are, so yur not gonna have, uh, uh'mean y'might as well, er all this, uh this is all Hindsight that yur talkin' 'bout. It's already too late... Allen Ginsberg and Neal Cassady conversation

stilltrucking

Re: A Fight for the Right to Read Heidegger

Post by stilltrucking » October 28th, 2018, 1:46 pm

Where the hell are you
Quacker Jack™?
+/-

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » October 30th, 2018, 2:26 pm

Oh well, as if I was Quaker Jack™ :?
I wish I knew where e-dog was? :(
I wish he could read this and tell me what I think about it. :)
cut and paste :arrow:

This spring, the Students’ Union at the University College London banned meetings of a group called the Nietzsche Club,
To those of us in philosophy concerned with ideological censorship, this incident seems like the tip of the iceberg in an impending struggle over the prospects of a serious scholarly engagement with some of the most important philosophers of the 19th and 20th centuries. But, unlike the actual Arctic ice sheets that are melting at an alarming rate, the freeze imposed on thinking is showing no signs of abating. In

To those of us in philosophy concerned with ideological censorship, this incident seems like the tip of the iceberg in an impending struggle over the prospects of a serious scholarly engagement with some of the most important philosophers of the 19th and 20th centuries. But, unlike the actual Arctic ice sheets that are melting at an alarming rate, the freeze imposed on thinking is showing no signs of abating. In particular, there is a menacing chill forming around the work of Martin Heidegger.
cut/paste :arrow:

In one deplorable turn of phrase in “Black Notebooks,” Heidegger writes about the “worldlessness” of Judaism and associates the Jews’ uprooting from a national territory with the “world-historical ‘task’ of uprooting all beings from Being,” which, according to Heidegger, Judaism presumably shares with modernity as well as with Bolshevism, Americanism, British imperialism, and so on. The French philosopher Emmanuel Faye is correct to trace this concept of “worldlessness” that describes the state of an inanimate object, such as a stone, back to Heidegger’s 1929 course on “The Fundamental Concepts of Metaphysics.” As worldless, the Jews are reduced to the level of things — a classical dehumanization technique.
end past :arrow:

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 14th, 2019, 10:58 pm

I should have been queer. I probably would have had more fun.
Amor Fati, I remember when anatomy was destiny.
Nowadays we live in the age of medical miracles. Anatomy can be overcome.

One of the earliest nightmares I can remember was being taken down through a manhole into an underground hospital where little boys were transmogrified into little girls.
And it was definitely a nightmare. I liked girls a lot, but I did not want to be one. I wanted them as my other.
What has this got to do with Heidegger?
Has more to do with a woman's breasts
1974 Ocean City Maryland, she was floating so much higher in the water than me, I was up to my chin, but she was so well endowed her breasts were like water wings. I only remember that because at the time I was noticing her buoyancy she was talking about reading Heidegger.

I need to keep these in the asylum
Diesel Dyke
Quaker Jack
Diana Moon Glampers
Silent Woman
Hypatia
Myrna Minkoff
Zero Hero
Tinker Jack
Tare Baby
Jackoff
One of those Jerks
Still.Trucking

still.trucking

Post by still.trucking » January 15th, 2019, 3:11 am

breathes there a man with soul so dead . . .

wordless my ass

the kindness of women
gives reason to live

my dearest friends when I was just a little jackster were all jewish american princesses.
Attachments
1444.jpg
"Natural selection, as it has operated in human history, favors not only the clever but the murderous." Barbara Ehrenreich

Free Rice

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 25th, 2019, 5:38 am

"Hey! Look at me, I am a carrot."
Yes, Virginia, we are all Bozos on this Buss.™

Return to “Asylum for the Terminally Vain”