Please drop a poem or writing of any flavour at the door...

The curled tales & ambiguous textarities of a mousey mind.

Moderator: mousey1

the mingo

Post by the mingo » December 20th, 2009, 7:44 pm

And Surprise! on your photo on I wanna see u!
Doll, you may have found a place of rest but I'm still on the trail.

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » December 27th, 2009, 10:26 pm

Well, a winter long dream wouldn't be too bad probably. So long as it weren't no nightmare dream where I never wake up screaming! :shock:

Ah, you done seen me alright, in my human finery. I am all a figment of the imagination. A mouse with high ideals, but no high heels...I always seem to be trippin'!

*grins like a happy cat that just swallowed the meese*
I used to walk with my head in the clouds but I kept getting struck by lightning!
Now my head twitches and I drool alot. Anonymouse

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/mousey1/shhhhhh.gif[/img]

the mingo

Post by the mingo » December 29th, 2009, 1:55 pm

Hey I stopped by to visit at ya. Come winter everything fights ya. Ya gotta be ready. And thx for visiting me. Did ya drink all the wine ?

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » January 18th, 2010, 1:05 am

Yes, I drank all the wine. I sipped it demurely
peering over my glass I tippled
and tittered and hiccuped my delight.

But there's always more
for when friends drop by
and tea for the tea-totallers too...

I used to walk with my head in the clouds but I kept getting struck by lightning!

the mingo

Post by the mingo » January 18th, 2010, 10:49 am

Ya Hey Mouse! We're going through a thaw here. There is even fog this morning. Did ya ever start digging into something and have it reveal more and more treasure? Not many things like that in this world. Truth is like that, ain't it? Good to hear from you, Mouse. Here's to hoping you have a hell of a grand day.

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » January 20th, 2010, 12:59 am

Oh coincidence. Up here in the frozen cold we too thaw!
Hardly any snow left. And it rained the last couple of days.
But I am sure the winter will yet rear its coldness again.

I have enjoyed digging for treasure and coming up joyful. And treasure is in the eye of the beholder. Sometimes just a pretty rock or some simple thing delights. So true that. I could be a treasure seeker without too much trouble.

Truth is lovely, if dished out kindly. I thought I always wanted truth but sometimes truth can be hard to take. "Tell me lies tell me sweet little lies" Truth is superior of course though and of necessity.

And thanks for the grand day wishes. I make it my goal and more often than not my days pan out just fine. Thank God for that!

mtmynd

Post by mtmynd » January 21st, 2010, 2:24 pm

My plan for the day:

1) make a pot of soup

2) bake an apple pie

3) enjoy a bowl of freshly made soup

4) have a piece of freshly made pie

5) ... anything more sounds greedy. ;)

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 23rd, 2010, 2:37 am

Hill billy music maybe not your cup of tea, but the video is interesting

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ppMiEbwhVwk&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ppMiEbwhVwk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Truth is lovely, if dished out kindly. I thought I always wanted truth but sometimes truth can be hard to take. "Tell me lies tell me sweet little lies" Truth is superior of course though and of necessity.
The old woman had three sons, one was kind to a fault and the other was honest to a fault. Over the years we have been meeting in the middle. Have you ever known anyone that reminded you of Jesus Christ? I have watched him grow and evolve, his kindness would lead him into the most outrageous lies because he could not just say no to people. He used to be one of those people that other people just naturally liked and he would exploit that. But we all tripped together in 1972 and I was there the night he found "the truth" within himself.
And treasure is in the eye of the beholder.
In the eye of my beholder
Rocks and and shinny things
"an Egyptian ring that sparkles before she speaks"

the night sky in the desert full of stars
a chap book about orange blossoms

a small statue of two frogs sitting on a saw horse.
A painting of a Baltimore Clipper ship under full sail
My little porcupine tooth pick holder

the sound of that train balling the track just now

sailboats and books
children and old dogs
friends and laughter

an open text box with you on the other end

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » January 27th, 2010, 1:07 pm

Hey, mt, what a fine meal. I could almost taste the plenty. Not too greedy but just served up right.

I on the other hand am trying to drop a couple of extra pounds rolled on over the holiday season, and oh I guess over the past year. Been eating good...too good, thank goodness. But I'm pushing back my plate for a bit so as to have a pleasant shaped body for the bikini weather! Not that I'd be caught dead in a bikini, but a mouse can dream!

I had bought some granny smiths to whip together an apple pie, but instead decided to crisp the apples straight down the hatch! The apple a day more able to keep the Doctor away then a slab of pie they say. But once I've trimmed my torso I'll indulge in a wedge a la mode!

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » January 27th, 2010, 1:14 pm

Hi stillt. Well I don't mind hillbilly music. This tune a bit dour it seems. I like the livelier numbers.

I like your list of treasures. So much pleasure in the little things, the little delights that make our days all the more pleasanter.

I am happy to be on the open end of your text box, still truckin' friend.

As to anyone reminding me of Jesus Christ...no, nope, I don't think so, it seems the fellow broke the mould. A lot of wannabes though, and a few also rans.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » January 27th, 2010, 3:02 pm

As to anyone reminding me of Jesus Christ...no, nope, I don't think so, it seems the fellow broke the mould.

I guess I was a Christ wannabe myself,
once upon a time.

The Quakers are keen on seeing "that of G d" in everyone. I suppose it is the sense of humor jiterbug shares with Christ. So ironic, so kind.

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » March 12th, 2010, 6:53 am

Surfing through my back pages I found another post to you where I was being a jerk. :(

I hope you like this

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rFpvqFLVyTA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rFpvqFLVyTA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
free rice

I used to be smart

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » March 13th, 2010, 5:09 pm

Oh yes, this is nice, I do like. I got a bit weepy in the eye. The seasoned couple, the looking back upon their hippie youth. Makes one wistful for the bygone times, just a bit. A beautiful song. Thanks.

I don't remember nor notice your instances of being a jerk, if they even really occur anywhere other than in your own imaginings. I know and appreciate that you think me a peach...regardless of any truth in that matter! :wink: And so any jerkyness I am blissfully unaware! :D

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » March 14th, 2010, 8:31 am

Glad you liked it. It made me weepy too.
Interesting video, he wearing a wedding ring. They live apart from each other. Reminded me of Hepburn and Tracy.

mousey1

Post by mousey1 » March 20th, 2010, 11:52 pm

I don't think they live apart. I think they arranged a date night
type of thing. Getting all dolled up in their separate rooms and then
meeting up at the appointed spot. Just like a date. And then they met up again back at their home. That's my take. Well, whatever it was it was a fine listen.

Hepburn and Tracy. Yes. I wrote a poem once about them. I wonder if I posted it on here, I must look.

Return to “Mouse Droppings”