news and shit i want to bitch about

Stories & writings from the mind of Axanderdeath.
Axanderdeath

news and shit i want to bitch about

Post by Axanderdeath » September 20th, 2006, 1:06 am

(copland is coupland in this--half the time i spell his name right--deal with it)

i just got out at the library "life after god" by douglas Copland--and the first couple of pages I cringed my way through. Then he started to write about living on granville in Vancouver BC--and it occurred to me that I could of lived in the same hotel. the st. helens hotel. But maybe not--back to my review of a book I have not finished--but first I want to say before i got this book out I got out "that summer in paris" by Morley Callaghan. these are both by Canadian writer's. Callaghan is far superior. He boxed with hemmingway in paris. hung out with f. scott Fitzgerald. and all those weird expatriate crowd in 29--these writer's have nothing in common but them being canadian--Copland I am sure most known for coining the term "generation x"--a group of snotty rich kids with ripped jeans and social problems--really nothing special or interesting--Dave Eggers is an Xer--maybe, maybe not--something about both eggers and coupland bugs me......... Academic writing will never be for me--but I am angry that some passages in this book by coupland I like--fuck the stupid little drawings and kitchy fucking shit, but some of it seems very good--like I could of written it on the shiter or something hung over (where most of my writing does not take place--but I wish it did)--the thing is--this generation shit i used to want to be part of some generation--I wanted to part of something greater than my self--but not now--in callaghan's book he talks about Hemmingway mimicking and then mocking then becoming more--becoming the champ (this annoyed callaghan about hemmingway)--but hemmingway had it there--admire-mimic-mock-conquer!!!!!!!
I liked some of Dave Egger's shit too, but you could tell he wanted to play down the fact that he was a rich kid--like he was ashamed of it--what would f scott Fitzgerald say about that??? not much--he'd be drunk--it just seems there is not much worth being a part of right now--and my mimicking and mocking is coming to an end...

axanderder the great droog mister
thus spoke G.A.P.

Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Post by Doreen Peri » September 20th, 2006, 1:41 am

Editor's Note: you can start each sentence or name with an uppercase, or you can use all lowercase -- the most important thing is that you be consistent with one way or the other. if you use all lower case, that's fine, as long as it's consistent
who made this Rule Up? or I mean
Or Who Made This Rule up?
or i mean who made this rule up?
OR I MEAN WHO MADE
this Rule UP?

but besides that... thanks for venting.... I'll be back to reply after I've gotten some sleep. Somehow my hair is too light at the moment... at least in the photos anyway. And i'm angry too. I mean I'm Angry TOO. About a lot of things but i'm trying to keep it consistent so I can't express it until tomorrow. gnight. welcome.

Axanderdeath

Post by Axanderdeath » September 20th, 2006, 4:04 am

doreen peri wrote:
Editor's Note: you can start each sentence or name with an uppercase, or you can use all lowercase -- the most important thing is that you be consistent with one way or the other. if you use all lower case, that's fine, as long as it's consistent
who made this Rule Up? or I mean
Or Who Made This Rule up?
or i mean who made this rule up?
OR I MEAN WHO MADE
this Rule UP?

but besides that... thanks for venting.... I'll be back to reply after I've gotten some sleep. Somehow my hair is too light at the moment... at least in the photos anyway. And i'm angry too. I mean I'm Angry TOO. About a lot of things but i'm trying to keep it consistent so I can't express it until tomorrow. gnight. welcome.
thank you for the board doreen!!

I knew what they meant by upper and lower case--but I asked them what they meant like the prick I am and they gave me that little reply--I thought it was a laugh and wrote them back

oH i dId Not QUIte get it...
thus spoke G.A.P.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » September 20th, 2006, 5:15 am

There is a way of Zen called the Zen of Not getting it. Interesting.

There is a string running now on litchicks about summer reading. This would make an interesting reply to it. imo

Yeah well I get a creepy feeling when I go there. We are pretty uncivilized here about free speach. I guess I got sarcastic, way too sarcastic, i told a joke about what is the difference between a jew and a pizza?

A Canadain woman FlAmEd my butt all over the place, told me about your wonderfull hate speach laws and said I would be in jail if i told that joke in Canada.

"when lives were lost at the turn of a joke" Guy Clark

You never heard of guy clark and I never heard of

Morley Callaghan or Copland.

we are two nations seperated by a common language

tinkerjack

Post by tinkerjack » September 20th, 2006, 12:44 pm

I just wanted to clear one thing up. My comment about making an interesting post to Litkicks was in regards to your Post about those Canadian writers. Have you thought about posting it there? I think I am clueless about what your bitch is about. Which poem did they reject?

I got drawer full of schizo sock puppets. It beats me why.
free rice

I used to be smart

Andeh

Er

Post by Andeh » April 13th, 2007, 10:56 pm

I agree with you about Coupland. Yet I alternate in thinking that Generation X was genius or also that any of us could have written/whined in a book of our 20something hipster friends who chat and don't have it "financially" as good as our parents did- Coupland just got to it first. And about Eggers. I feel like I'm supposed to admire him, like as though he is a peer, but he makes me feel uneasy. I dont' know, I try to cling to writers of remotely my age group even if I can't relate- or I can but get jealous that they published something I could try to write first. So few of them being published out there. If you've got the edge on the market I guess you can write whatever, if you wrote one good book (generation x) you can put out whatever after, does not matter if it's crap (?) or so I think Coupland and similar writers think. I'm musing out loud, sorry, I know this is...thinking out loud..and just.

Axanderdeath

Post by Axanderdeath » April 16th, 2007, 5:37 pm

thanks--

crap writing

I like it

I hate it

just like I do myself

mainia

I guess

manic

I am

ups downs