Thank you!

Nov 2006. A Collaborative Book Event.
Doreen Peri
Site Admin

Thank you!

Post by Doreen Peri » November 12th, 2006, 4:43 pm

Thank you all for participating in this week long book event!

There have been so many wonderful contributions by all of you!

All of your posts will go into the master book document which those who volunteered to help with the process will review.

Then, later, you will be contacted to let you know which of your submissions & posts will be included in the book.

Please note that there are still 3 more days to meet the deadline so if you haven't yet contributed to this collaborative project, you still have time. The deadline is Nov 15th, 2006. Please email your submissions to studioeightbooks@aol.com. (up to 8 submissions per person... b&w artwork or b&w photography and poetry, please)

I am going to close this forum now.

Thank you again!

:)

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 12th, 2006, 6:54 pm

Yeah I been thinking about the deadline a lot. Only thing keeping from deleting my reply

is the thought of you coming bye with a Tonya Harding crow bar

and breaking both my kneecaps.

Three more days to tinker with a reply to Kurt’s traces, learning to see thru that painting. Kind of turning into an interview of the artist. So now I know the medium, etched into plywood. That might explain the microcosm I was seeing in the background, I thought it was on paper, maybe I was finding a pattern in the grain of the wood. I never was very visual even when eating the moldy ergot rye acidic sandwiches, but I saw a microcosm in the background. It is a lot intimidating for a non-artist such as myself to speak to an artist about his or work, or as Jimboloco calls it his "play"

Shoot me if I ramble but I do have a point, I would hope Kurt has final say in what gets posted of my reply if any of it gets used, I get a squirmy feeling about seeing my jib in print..

I suppose truth is “seeing” Art opens my eyes in ways I can not understand,

Interesting painting, not sure I can articulate why. I got a long irrelevant ramble about Mycenean Greek. Going to keep tinkering with it. I want to thank Kurt for the information.

stilltrucking

Post by stilltrucking » November 16th, 2006, 12:24 am

well here it is almost the 11/16/06 by the time I finish this post. about ten twenty dallas time here. I been meaning to get back and clean things up on my posts. But I probably won't. If there is anything I posted to any of the artists and phtographers I hope they will cut and paste slice and dice or other wise use any of my compulsive typings they have a fancy to.

I think I spell checked them. Any revisions needed let me know. Thanks for your efforts Doreen.

Return to “#26 - 8 Images in Search of a Poet”