New Spoken Word Piece - "Radio 8"

A humorously serious look at life’s trials & tribulations,
American politics, religion, and other social madnesses by Beth Isbell.

Moderator: roxybeast

roxybeast

New Spoken Word Piece - "Radio 8"

Post by roxybeast » July 21st, 2009, 2:22 am

As you know, Doreen has started putting together a monthly radio show featuring the songs & poetry of our Studio 8 family called Radio8 ... so while listening to the new show tonight, I wrote this spoken word piece about the show itself called "Radio8" ... sort of fun ... recorded it tonight & mixed it with a little echo to add a cool ambience ... click here to hear it:

"Radio8" spoken word piece by Beth Isbell ©2009
http://www.reverbnation.com/tunepak/1660033

And here are the words:

"Hey Radio 8 … what crimes are you trying to perpetrate, insinuate, sentilate on my ears, tapping my toes, breaking my heart, … perpetrating indifference on the lack of sensibilities of my mind, lost in the chaos of cyberspace, dancing in the wide-open space, between my ears, tugging the classic radio variety of the past into my morbid future, … how dare you dare to be daring, caring, utterly ney-faring, … critical, whittical, whimsical, and flimsy … look me in the ears and tell me you love me, look me in the thought and influence one, five, many, or none, … fluttering lightly over the airwaves to my radio, my computer, my receiver, great deceiver, or fever of the fervent, the committed, the uncommitted, and those like me soon to be committed, … I have committed the crime of participation in your games of verse, in the listening, the homespun ton of critical fun, in the critical mass of critical thought of you and me, the ultimate critics … sent to me weightless, but not thoughtless, floating through my time, enlarging my space for acceptance of the different, the weird, the true, the blue, the turning of the screw, the shrew, still waiting to be tamed … you, my love, have engaged me, without a ring, no call, only presence, taking me in my sleep, my dreams taking flight on the back of your strange bird, praying for the pray you reap, watching the inner souls you take, you make, you create, … the poetic license you forsake, … in silence, I am your biggest fan, but still I listen. Radio 8, take care of the joy you create, the brain you wake, new thoughts you make, and the young minds you desecrate, … like mine."

Hope y'all dig it!

Peace,
Beth

Arcadia

Post by Arcadia » July 21st, 2009, 12:59 pm

hey!, warm collective portrait!!!!! :D it sounds great, beth!!!!!!!!gracias!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “The Pregnant Pope”